BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston and Blackburn swap deal

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Eh? I just asked you what 'we'll see'. If you don't have an answer that's fine. I'll just mark you down as  a Nobber troll, which you are.

Now who's making presumptions, I watched both teams last season for your information.

Neil and Ridsdale were at the Burnley game , fact.

They were watching Mulgrew and Bennett.

They were not scouting an upcoming league game.

Gallagher will only be a squad player at North End this season and can't play 90 minutes and suffers with injuries, he was also at Saturdays game with Dunny as is well known.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brownpants18 said:

Now who's making presumptions, I watched both teams last season for your information.

They were not scouting an upcoming league game.

Gallagher will only be a squad player at North End this season and can't play 90 minutes and suffers with injuries, he was also at Saturdays game with Dunny as is well known.

Again, how do you know they were watching Bennett and Mulgrew?

1 hour ago, Brownpants18 said:

I doubt Preston would be after Graham, they have a policy of signing younger players at the moment.

The team that played Middlesbrough had an average age of 22.

I think Lenihan was on the radar along with Mulgrew (Grayson target along with Mahoney).

Neil and Risdale were at the Burnley game so possibly watching Mulgrew or more likely Bennett.

51 minutes ago, Brownpants18 said:

That's for the insight. I believe young Charlie turns 22 in October.  

I doubt Preston would be after Graham, they have a policy of signing younger players at the moment.

So if Graham is too old for the policy why would they be looking at Mulgrew or Bennett? Mulgrew is 31 and Bennett soon to be 29.

Just now, JHRover said:

So if Graham is too old for the policy why would they be looking at Mulgrew or Bennett? Mulgrew is 31 and Bennett soon to be 29.

No way?!? Really? Well blimey. 

I very much doubt Preston will be after any of our players at all in all fairness, we have just been relegated after all and they're a well established lower / mid table championship team last season.

Just now, JHRover said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear, Preston are now trying to sign younger players on the whole with a view to building a competitive team within a sensible budget. I thought it would be fairly obvious you need some experience in the team at championship level. Preston ( Grayson especially) have been along time admirer of Mulgrew. The clue was "average age" of 22.

No you weren't clear. You appeared to rule out PNE being interested in Danny Graham on the basis of Graham's age not being in keeping with PNE's recent recruitment, but then suggested Alex Neil had been scouting one or both of Mulgrew or Bennett very recently, ignoring the fact that they are both in the same age bracket as Graham.

For the record I don't know anything about PNEs recruitment or targets but if Graham is 'too old' then logic suggests the other two are also.

I saw PNE play Sheffield Wednesday on the first day of the season, a game PNE won from a penalty. Wednesday were poor that day and PNE should have scored 2 or 3 but lacked a decent striker - they didn't have anyone who looked a threat in the box.

They looked a decent team with potential for a top ten finish if they can score goals.

Danny Graham would be a real asset to PNE and I can see why they want him. On the basis of the Wednesday match and Gally's sub appearance I can also see why they would be happy to let him go.

If this goes ahead Rovers will lose out while PNE gain a striker and off load a midfielder. 

100% against this.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

No you weren't clear. You appeared to rule out PNE being interested in Danny Graham on the basis of Graham's age not being in keeping with PNE's recent recruitment, but then suggested Alex Neil had been scouting one or both of Mulgrew or Bennett very recently, ignoring the fact that they are both in the same age bracket as Graham.

For the record I don't know anything about PNEs recruitment or targets but if Graham is 'too old' then logic suggests the other two are also.

So ability isn't a requirement then?

I don't think Preston would be interested in Graham as he is not too consistent and seems to lose interest and his wages would probably not fit Preston.

Mulgrew and Bennett would more likely targets but again wages might be an issue for North End.

So ability isn't a requirement then?

I don't think Preston would be interested in Graham as he is not too consistent and seems to lose interest and his wages would probably not fit Preston.

Mulgrew and Bennett would more likely targets but again wages might be an issue for North End.

Back tracking dotcom ;)

We had a few on here telling us Grayson was looking to pilfer some of our players with one in particular in his sights then he leaves and first thing he does is sign Steele !

Think that tells you all you need to know, shame really he would have suited North End, agent Steele !!!

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Back tracking dotcom ;)

We had a few on here telling us Grayson was looking to pilfer some of our players with one in particular in his sights then he leaves and first thing he does is sign Steele !

Think that tells you all you need to know, shame really he would have suited North End, agent Steele !!!

Grayson was fairly regular visitor to Ewood last season probably taking in the opposition. I believe they made an approach for Mahoney but you couldn't blame him for choosing Bournemouth.

The problem North End have is they don't pay more than 10k a week to any player, so there could be a stumbling block with the likes of Graham, Mulgrew in particular.

My general point was North End are trying to build a young team for the future, obviously this will require some experienced heads to gel the squad together.

2 hours ago, Brownpants18 said:

I wouldn't get too picky about taking on a proven goalscorer if I were you.

57 minutes ago, Brownpants18 said:

Grayson was fairly regular visitor to Ewood last season probably taking in the opposition. I believe they made an approach for Mahoney but you couldn't blame him for choosing Bournemouth.

The problem North End have is they don't pay more than 10k a week to any player, so there could be a stumbling block with the likes of Graham, Mulgrew in particular.

My general point was North End are trying to build a young team for the future, obviously this will require some experienced heads to gel the squad together.

Well the wage cap is fair enough in my opinion and it hasn't done you any harm so far and it's obvious you aren't run by agents and a duel agent shadow director like your illustrious near neighbors where personal interests often seem to overide sensible football decisions.

To get to the next level though you may have to break that pay ceiling on a player or two on a short term gamble.

22 minutes ago, Brownpants18 said:

How come he's not a regular for the mighty Rovers?

22 minutes ago, Brownpants18 said:

How come he's not a regular for the mighty Rovers?

Ask yourself that and then wonder why Preston want to buy him....

Personally think he is a donkey !

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's slow and looks a few pounds over . Always can finish but the movement isn't there anymore. Would do great in a top team with chances put on a plate.

but remember quite a few posters on here preffered him to JR

Archived