BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston and Blackburn swap deal

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Yes Danny Graham has scored considerably more goals than Jordan Rhodes has over the period since one left here and the other joined... the point being?

you don't get it fella....yet again the dumbing down of our squad since these jokers arrived continues

52 minutes ago, Athlete said:

you don't get it fella....yet again the dumbing down of our squad since these jokers arrived continues

The facts are Graham has been better than Rhodes over last 18 months, not only that we are circa £10m better off also. Argue about what the owners have done with that £10m all you like but to claim "Dumbing Down of our squad" with the Graham replacing Rhodes argument holds no weight at all.

11 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

The facts are Graham has been better than Rhodes over last 18 months, not only that we are circa £10m better off also. Argue about what the owners have done with that £10m all you like but to claim "Dumbing Down of our squad" with the Graham replacing Rhodes argument holds no weight at all.

ha ha...who had the better goal record at Ewood JR or DG...that 10mill wonder what hole that's gone down ??? now DG looks on his way out - TBH DG should score goals a plenty in league one no doubt he'll be replaced with a inferior striker...

BTW are you MGRoad or punerover in disguise ???

1 hour ago, Spankus Munky said:

Very strange argument. Rhodes twice part of a promotion team, following several multi million pound transfers, struggled in a PL team. Right now Graham is struggling to get into a League One side.

Both players have merits. I'd have liked to have seen them paired together at Rovers.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Very strange argument. Rhodes twice part of a promotion team, following several multi million pound transfers, struggled in a PL team. Right now Graham is struggling to get into a League One side.

Both players have merits. I'd have liked to have seen them paired together at Rovers.

Rhodes scored over 20 league goals six seasons on the bounce so I reckon that ends that argument 

Just now, islander200 said:

Then why isn't Rhodes playing in the premier league?

Prior to him leaving Boro his yearly return was over twenty a season for six years.. Now it's not working out for whatever reason.. With your superior footballing knowledge lol...  perhaps you can answer the that question 

2 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Prior to him leaving Boro his yearly return was over twenty a season for six years.. Now it's not working out for whatever reason.. With your superior footballing knowledge lol...  perhaps you can answer the that question 

When did I claim to have superior football knowledge?It's quite simple why Rhodes isn't playing in the premier league though..he isn't good enough

When did I claim to have superior football knowledge?It's quite simple why Rhodes isn't playing in the premier league though..he isn't good enough

when did I ever say he should be playing in the prem ?????????????????? thats the reason I said superior football knowledge..lol

Just now, Athlete said:

when did I ever say he should be playing in the prem ??????????????????

You said football is a simple game,You put the ball in the back of the net.

If that's all there was to it then when Rhodes was banging them in for Rovers and Huddersfield he would surely have been bought by a premier league team and played?

You point to the fact Rhodes got 20+ goals in 6 consecutive seasons as proof he is better than Graham.

Graham has played more and scored more at the highest level than Rhodes

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rhodes is about to change hands yet again for 7 million upwards whilst Graham 'might' attract a 750k bid from QPR, a few clues there I think.

Yeah absolutely nothing to do with one being 27 the other being 32 while also being a division apart currently... nothing at all

Edit:

I mean one could also argue one is going for a 750k profit while the other is going for the 2nd move in succession at a loss, all about how you try to spin it really

10 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Yeah absolutely nothing to do with one being 27 the other being 32 while also being a division apart currently... nothing at all 

Well you've almost answered your own question, one finds himself on a league 1 bench !

But yeah age makes a difference of course but DG doesn't appear to be in great demand despite scoring a few last season where as Rhodes despite not scoring, missing lots of games etc is still being coveted by big ambitious championship clubs for a huge fee.

I'm a big fan of both before you get your knickers in a twist but judging them in Rovers colours i'd take Rhodes any day of the week whether they are same age or not despite DG behind a stronger player.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Well you've almost answered your own question, one finds himself on a league 1 bench !

But yeah age makes a difference of course but DG doesn't appear to be in great demand despite scoring a few last season where as Rhodes despite not scoring, missing lots of games etc is still be coveted by big ambitious championship clubs for a huge fee.

I'm a big fan of both before you get your knickers in a twist but judging them in Rovers colours i'd take Rhodes any day of the week whether the are same age or not despite DG behind a stronger player.

nail on the head

28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You said football is a simple game,You put the ball in the back of the net.

If that's all there was to it then when Rhodes was banging them in for Rovers and Huddersfield he would surely have been bought by a premier league team and played?

You point to the fact Rhodes got 20+ goals in 6 consecutive seasons as proof he is better than Graham.

Graham has played more and scored more at the highest level than Rhodes

I'm really not sure the stats back up your argument to the extent you think they do. He got 15 goals in a season and a half at Swansea.

Aside from that he has been passed about the place.

I've enjoyed watching Danny play at Ewood but Rhodes was far better for us.

Not sure why a short spell in the PL and a handful of goals per season makes someone 'better' than a prolific striker just because his those goals were in the Championship.

Graham wins a PL head-to-head by default. He is far more physically suited to it.

Rhodes wins a championship and League One head-to-head hands down.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm really not sure the stats back up your argument to the extent you think they do. He got 15 goals in a season and a half at Swansea.

Aside from that he has been passed about the place.

I've enjoyed watching Danny play at Ewood but Rhodes was far better for us.

Not sure why a short spell in the PL and a handful of goals per season makes someone 'better' than a prolific striker just because his those goals were in the Championship.

Graham wins a PL head-to-head by default. He is far more physically suited to it.

Rhodes wins a championship and League One head-to-head hands down.

I don't think Danny Graham is amazing Stuart,I think when fully fit and motivated he is a decent striker.A much better all round player than Rhodes and a more intelligent player than Rhodes.Add that to the fact we sold Rhodes for 10 million and he was on  around 40 grand a week and brought in Graham on a free and on half the wages it was a good deal.Danny Graham still got 12 league goals last season in a very poor side and he missed  games through injury.Jordan Rhodes would not have got twenty goals in the side we had last year.Jordan Rhodes is a good finisher and his movement in and around the box was good but he is in no way a premier league footballer.

Interestingly enough,I used to get comments from fellow supporters saying that it was like having a 10-man team with JR in it,as he contributed nothing EXCEPT scoring goals i.e.the most difficult and important bit!

Danny Graham arguably better value for money as he didnt cost a fee,both on relatively high wages whilst at Rovers and no question Rhodes more prolific in his prime. However,Graham tended to get more "involved in games",certainly the ones I saw,even last season. All that said,Id take the money IF £750,000 really is on the table. A half reasonable offer,all things considered

I don't think Danny Graham is amazing Stuart,I think when fully fit and motivated he is a decent striker.A much better all round player than Rhodes and a more intelligent player than Rhodes.Add that to the fact we sold Rhodes for 10 million and he was on  around 40 grand a week and brought in Graham on a free and on half the wages it was a good deal.Danny Graham still got 12 league goals last season in a very poor side and he missed  games through injury.Jordan Rhodes would not have got twenty goals in the side we had last year.Jordan Rhodes is a good finisher and his movement in and around the box was good but he is in no way a premier league footballer.

Disagree with your last two sentences. Rhodes was feeding off scraps at the end and still putting the ball in the net.

I must be old-fashioned because I don't want my striker to be an "all round player", I want him to put the ball in the net. Rhodes did that far more regularly than Graham has. It's almost impossible to compare records between divisions and it's horses for courses. Did Garner have a poor record because he only got goals in the second division? Of course not.

Was Graham better for Rovers than Rhodes? Of course not. (Different teams, granted, but Graham also got relegated, Rhodes didn't).

Archived