BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston and Blackburn swap deal

Preston fan looking for your opinion,

would you be happy with the swap of Paul Gallagher to you and Danny graham to us?

reading a bit on Here it seems most of you are unhappy with his commitment to the club while we feel gally has had his last moments in a Preston shirt.

let me know what you think because personally I'd happily swap them.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart says yes! Graham has looked disinterested this season. Whether this has anything to do with his wage being halved? He strikes me as one these players who may have a promising first 12 months but then things go downhill. This probably explains why he has played at 12 clubs and never settled anywhere for a period of time.

Re Gally he is a Blackburn lad, Rovers fan and undoubtedly a very talented player. He ran the show for PNE in recent games on Ewood.

My head however is unsure! I can't help but think that Graham and Samuel could be a formidable partnership in this league.  I think Graham would have scored if he had played instead of Antonsson on Saturday.

Plus we have signed an abundance of play-making midfielders, albeit Whittingham has looked woeful and the jury is out on Gladwin. 

In conclusion I would love for Gally to come home, I'm just not sure about Graham leaving.

By all means send Gally here on a pay as you play or something but NO to swapping him directly for Graham that would be a horrendous piece of business.

Grahams a proven Championship goal scorer so get in Hemmings pocket and cough up the best part of a million quid or forget it imo.

It's strange that Mowbray played Graham on his own with literally no support against Doncaster, and then when he went with two up front he didn't play him at all. Graham is a good finisher, in the right set-up he will score goals, be it League 1 or The Championship. If what Mowbray has apparently said is correct and they've all had 50% pay cuts then some will have possibly downed tools. Graham didn't look interested against Donny.

When Dack is fit we'll probably only go 1 up front anyway, so 1 from Samuel, Antonsson and Nuttall. Gally is quality on the ball and can play in a few positions. He could be a very shrewd bit of business. It certainly shouldn't be a straight swap though.

No,no and no again to a straight swap. We already have Dack and Gladwin bought to play a similar role to Gallagher. Now too old for that position IMHO.

If Preston wanted  a striaght swap but give us £1million for Graham instead, then maybe.  The swap involves a pointless unnecessary wage bill increase for us  when we need a striker and defender ourselves.

Just now, harryhealless1928 said:

No,no and no again to a straight swap. We already have Dack and Gladwin bought to play a similar role to Gallagher. Now too old for that position IMHO.

If Preston wanted  a striaght swap but give us £1million for Graham instead, then maybe.  The swap involves a pointless unnecessary wage bill increase for us  when we need a striker and defender ourselves.

I would have thought Whittingham was brought in to play the same role as Gally. I'd do a swap there though.

Have to say no. When the window shuts Graham will get his head down. Taking Nobbers' cast offs is another reminder of what Venkys have done to us.

Sadly I think he'll probably go. Gallagher down at Ewood on Saturday was like a toe in the water to gauge potential fan backlash.

There'll be no rioping up of season tickets over anything any more. Everyone left is only here to watch the football (by whatever side they put out).

9 hours ago, Reecen1 said:

Preston fan looking for your opinion,

would you be happy with the swap of Paul Gallagher to you and Danny graham to us?

reading a bit on Here it seems most of you are unhappy with his commitment to the club while we feel gally has had his last moments in a Preston shirt.

let me know what you think because personally I'd happily swap them.

Mowbray has gone on for months about needing to score 80 goals to get out of this league and swapping a proven goalscorer for a midfielder would be horrific in that respect -unless we had another goalscorer coming in.The fact that Gallagher isn't the quickest wouldn't be good news for us either as we badly lack pace.

You can have Gladwin in exchange if you want?????

I doubt Preston would be after Graham, they have a policy of signing younger players at the moment.

The team that played Middlesbrough had an average age of 22.

Neil has them playing a very attractive brand of football at present and expect them to be challenging at the top end.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

See what? You've just made some insinuations and guesses. Be more specific and then we'll see. Otherwise the 'know nowt' tag will be yours forever.

Wow, have you had a bad Bank Holiday Monday? You are a tad touchy, is League 1 not as easy as you thought?

Archived