BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has a date been agreed for supporters consultation meeting

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

here is the BBC radio Lancashire programme about yesterday performance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j152c

Thanks for the link Chaddy.

Listening to Tony "Thick" Mowbray talk is so refreshing, so knowledgeable, passionate and honest! Whilst the job is on the pitch, not a microphone - he is so switched on to the situation, I can't do anything but hope he is successful. His answer on the question about appearances being contract issue related was invigorating in terms of thinking about our recruitment. I don't particularly think it's clever for him to have to "sell" the transfers to the owners, but it's positive to hear he understands the situation and will try to do what it takes to get the best out of his dealings with them.

His words on sensible un-emotive dialogue being unlikely, as a rationale for no Pasha/owners at meetings is precisely what my feelings are on the scenario. Even in this short forum, you can sense a few of those asking questions aren't interested in the answers, they are almost foaming at the mouth with Cheston. Ofcourse the "outstanding candidate" quote is hard to take but without that emotion, it just stands as a subordinate going along with his bosses decisions.

Would a fan instantly walk away if put in the same position? Obviously, but MC is not a fan. It's his livilihood. This obsession with culpability and "who can we blame?" fundementally undermines these meetings imo, and thank god for John Murray who actually asked an important question about the main issue with this ownership; STRUCTURE! "When is the structure going to change?" This is a question we all need to hear the answer to, it's relevant to the future, whereas sourcing blame seems pointless. At least to me.

I certainly don't see this as a "pointless exercise", hopefully the main questions at the next one will be; "so how do you plan to bounce through the championship Tony, since league one is tied up!"

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 47er said:

Or is it just possible they are too lazy and/or gutless to do anything about it?

The FA don't want anything that will show them as inadequate or dare I say bordering on corruption but the evidence (that we know, I'm sure lots have been buried) tells us everything we need to know. Their handling of Sampson, Aluko, Allardyce, Palios, Eriksson and many others in recent times has been scandalous. I would love to know how much they have paid on NDA's, settlements and terminated contracts. This could have been spent on the areas they have ignored such as grassroots football.

They are supposed to be the guardians of standards for football in this country. In terms of governance they will give the Indians a run for their money.

15 hours ago, Neal said:

After everything that's happened, I can't possibly begin or want to understand anyone who can feel satisfied with any other answer than "yes, they are looking to sell the club".

It depends how Venkys recalling their loans would affect the club.

Don't we need to think about the club's survival with its current debts, and if/how they would be repaid under new owners? I'm not an expert in this area, but if we were sold, wouldn't Venkys start recalling their loans with repayment plans? And what if they weren't manageable?

With the current debt hanging over the club, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find owners who would provide enough money for the club to survive, let alone make signings and keep hold of key players. I think we are well and truly reliant on Venkys; that's the elephant in the room that nobody wants to hear, I'm afraid.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How about you give it a rest for once and stop with the insults

Watched it..proves nothing. 

Are you on a wind up ? ? I'm not insulting you're insulting yourself and everyone with a ounce of intelligence on this board and the wider supporters range 

When will you realize and see what has happened and still is happening or is John Williams a liar ?? 

19 minutes ago, Biz said:

Thanks for the link Chaddy.

Listening to Tony "Thick" Mowbray talk is so refreshing, so knowledgeable, passionate and honest! Whilst the job is on the pitch, not a microphone - he is so switched on to the situation, I can't do anything but hope he is successful. His answer on the question about appearances being contract issue related was invigorating in terms of thinking about our recruitment. I don't particularly think it's clever for him to have to "sell" the transfers to the owners, but it's positive to hear he understands the situation and will try to do what it takes to get the best out of his dealings with them.

His words on sensible un-emotive dialogue being unlikely, as a rationale for no Pasha/owners at meetings is precisely what my feelings are on the scenario. Even in this short forum, you can sense a few of those asking questions aren't interested in the answers, they are almost foaming at the mouth with Cheston. Ofcourse the "outstanding candidate" quote is hard to take but without that emotion, it just stands as a subordinate going along with his bosses decisions.

Would a fan instantly walk away if put in the same position? Obviously, but MC is not a fan. It's his livilihood. This obsession with culpability and "who can we blame?" fundementally undermines these meetings imo, and thank god for John Murray who actually asked an important question about the main issue with this ownership; STRUCTURE! "When is the structure going to change?" This is a question we all need to hear the answer to, it's relevant to the future, whereas sourcing blame seems pointless. At least to me.

I certainly don't see this as a "pointless exercise", hopefully the main questions at the next one will be; "so how do you plan to bounce through the championship Tony, since league one is tied up!"

Unfortunately it's not meant to be a q and a with the manager.. Who spoke well tbh. 

Have you ever been in a corporate business were they have a duty  problem/incident management department.. That is effectively a blame deflection department.. If you have you'd know what the owners and Pasha have done here... 

Not TMs fault or Chestons they were doing a job they are handsomely paid to do 

Again it was not supposed to be a question and answer with TM 

To you get my drift here 

Just now, Athlete said:

Unfortunately it's not meant to be a q and a with the manager.. Who spoke well tbh. 

Have you ever been in a corporate business were they have a duty  problem/incident management department.. That is effectively a blame deflection department.. If you have you'd know what the owners and Pasha have done here... 

Not TMs fault or Chestons they were doing a job they are handsomely paid to do 

Again it was not supposed to be a question and answer with TM 

Like I said, I'm not really interested in blame/culpability looking backwards, I'm more bothered about the structure and investments going forward.

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The FA didn't want to act because they were earning $$$$$$$ from Kentaro.

Read the last paragraph of JW leaked letter again and either he is lying.or something illegal is happening.

To suggest there was no wrong doing because the FA didn't take action after all we know is just , well, stupid to be honest. I can't think of any other word to use.

(Safety warning - people may have forgotten how much the leaked letters make your blood boil - the board warned the idiots very clearly of the path we were on. Even back then they were told footballing decisions being made in Pune and not by the board in Blackburn would not work. Fast forward to Thursday night and Chestom confirms that it is still happening.)

Ive read John Williams's letter before. Ive got all Nick Harris articles on Rovers saved on my laptop. 

25 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Are you on a wind up ? ? I'm not insulting you're insulting yourself and everyone with a ounce of intelligence on this board and the wider supporters range 

When will you realize and see what has happened and still is happening or is John Williams a liar ?? 

Where did I ever say John Williams is a liar? I never did. Stop with your BS towards. 

Ignore function now to be used for you

5 hours ago, Biz said:

Like I said, I'm not really interested in blame/culpability looking backwards, I'm more bothered about the structure and investments going forward.

But if our collapse 7 years ago was because they listened to 'other people' instead of the board at Ewood, and MC confirmed on Thursday that happened again with Coyle which saw us relegated, does that not worry you.

We find ourselves in league one, the owners and Mike Cheston now directly blame Owen Coyle and yet as cash-paying supporters we cannot get a simple answer to the question of who interviewed him and appointed him. This actually throws up more question than previously. Why was Cheston even involved in interviews before he went on holiday (as he is quoted as saying) if the decision was then to be taken in India?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive read John Williams's letter before. Ive got all Nick Harris articles on Rovers saved on my laptop. 

I know you have. So do you agree that if the last paragraph in the letter is true, then it is in breach of FA regulations?

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

The FA didn't want to act because they were earning $$$$$$$ from Kentaro.

Read the last paragraph of JW leaked letter again and either he is lying.or something illegal is happening.

To suggest there was no wrong doing because the FA didn't take action after all we know is just , well, stupid to be honest. I can't think of any other word to use.

(Safety warning - people may have forgotten how much the leaked letters make your blood boil - the board warned the idiots very clearly of the path we were on. Even back then they were told footballing decisions being made in Pune and not by the board in Blackburn would not work. Fast forward to Thursday night and Cheston confirms that it is still happening.)

Hasta.

You are 100% correct.

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Don't we need to think about the club's survival with its current debts, and if/how they would be repaid under new owners? I'm not an expert in this area, but if we were sold, wouldn't Venkys start recalling their loans with repayment plans? And what if they weren't manageable?

With the current debt hanging over the club, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find owners who would provide enough money for the club to survive, let alone make signings and keep hold of key players. I think we are well and truly reliant on Venkys; that's the elephant in the room that nobody wants to hear, I'm afraid.

Lead balloon springs to mind if the plug did ever got pulled.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Which are ??? There was no one there to give any answers to that

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But if our collapse 7 years ago was because they listened to 'other people' instead of the board at Ewood, and MC confirmed on Thursday that happened again with Coyle which saw us relegated, does that not worry you.

We find ourselves in league one, the owners and Mike Cheston now directly blame Owen Coyle and yet as cash-paying supporters we cannot get a simple answer to the question of who interviewed him and appointed him. This actually throws up more question than previously. Why was Cheston even involved in interviews before he went on holiday (as he is quoted as saying) if the decision was then to be taken in India?

I know you have. So do you agree that if the last paragraph in the letter is true that it is in breach of FA regulations?

The whole scenario worries me overall Hasta, I'm aware of the possibility of more those destructive "venky ear worms". I didn't say it doesn't worry me, I merely said I am more interested in what the long term plan might be, or at least what they say* it is. The MC quotes are just a footnote in a myriad of things you could question since 2009.

The only people who have the answers to those questions, refuse to engage directly with fans and even when they did, it was pretty much just "we'll take the club forward" nonsense. I admired one of the fans (not sure who it was) who said he'd come back if venkys did, but as I previously mentioned - it won't happen because they'd get a torrent of abuse (deservingly). 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where did I ever say John Williams is a liar? I never did. Stop with your BS towards. 

Ignore function now to be used for you

You don't like things being pointed out to you Chaddy all you want to believe is what comes from propaganda.. If you read the letter have regulations been broken or not or is the answer on your ignore button 

Just now, Athlete said:

Which are ??? There was no one there to give any answers to that

MC said he'd made recommendations on improved board numbers, and Mike Rigg came to help transfer academy business and scouting after communication with TM. 

It's about time a fan put that across, regardless of answer. It makes the relevant point, that many journalists seem to miss - this vacuous structure doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Depends on your stance. I wan't rid of them at any cost, I can understand why others feel differently. Evidence suggests that things will get worse under this lot sooner than later.

Just now, Biz said:

MC said he'd made recommendations on improved board numbers, and Mike Rigg came to help transfer academy business and scouting after communication with TM. 

It's about time a fan put that across, regardless of answer. It makes the relevant point, that many journalists seem to miss - this vacuous structure doesn't help.

The structure.. What structure. 

Going forward there isn't one 

10 hours ago, Biz said:

They or Blackburn Rovers? I agree that venkys can **** off but the difference in stance is still sticking by the club. For me that's a no brainer.

Venky's and their club employee puppets.

With regards to the Coyle appointment, it is important that we find out how and why that came about for a number of reasons. I accept that some things can be merely consigned to the history books and ignored, but not the Coyle appointment. I very much want to know what happened there as it was a critical component in our relegation and also potentially blows the 'hard lessons learned' theory out of the water and sends us back to 2010 decision making. We were led to believe following the Singh/Kean departure and Bowyer years that expensive lessons had been learned and the club was operating sensibly.

It ultimately amounts to an either/or situation for Cheston.

If he put Coyle forward/recommended his appointment to the owners then he should be sacked or resign in embarrassment as he is partly responsible for relegation and the situation we are in. It also begs the question of how/why he was playing such a part in manager recruitment with no right to be doing so.

If (and I suspect from what I have heard that this is more likely) that Cheston made recommendations, went off on his holidays, then Coyle was catapulted into the hot seat by someone else, then not only does that make Cheston's contributions meaningless and lead to the question of why he was interviewing managers in the first place, but also leads to the more important question of who was directing the club and making crucial decisions that have since seen us relegated.

It's not good enough just to shrug shoulders and say 'look to the future not the past'. I say that because the Coyle fiasco was less than 18 months ago and the people involved are seemingly still running the club today - Cheston/Shadow Director.

It is important we know how this happened as only by learning from that will the club ensure it doesn't happen again. Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Yet from where I sit no lessons have been learned as the structure remains the same, the decision makers remain the same only now we've a nicer man in the dugout.

Imagine if everything in life was deemed as unimportant as it happened in the past. For anyone accepting that, on Monday pop in to the bosses office and give him a volley of abuse. When you get sacked, take him to the tribunal and claim unfair dismissal, as you will have done that in the past and claim it is only the future that matters.

Once again, the supporters have been stitched up and no one is answerable.

Archived