BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has a date been agreed for supporters consultation meeting

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It isn't according to Cheston. So, again, are you saying Cheston is purposefully telling lies on record in a public meeting that has been recorded and broadcast on the BBC?

Did he state what Blackburn Rovers football clubs current debt is ?

Just now, Biz said:

Was an approximate. I think it stands at about 120 million or something? 

Sounds like its grown !

Can they take this money and transfer it into their family name and away from Blackburn Rovers football club. 

Just now, JAL said:

Can they take this money and transfer it into their family name and away from Blackburn Rovers football club. 

Well, they could legitimately use the club to pay it back, but even a sale of every single asset at top value wouldn't come close. I also think there are rules about taxes/transfers/wages coming before debtors in terms of administration and receivership, (which would also mean sales below "top value") so they'd likely lose everything that way, if what I "think" is based on the actual rules. 

I am not completely au fait with the system, but it seems to me, the only legitimate way they could recoup that money is through improving the clubs turnover and value, to the point it covers that money. I.e. Promotion to the premier league.

They obviously have the choice of writing off the loan, but to my knowledge, that also will infringe on certain rules with the EFL financial fair play scheme.

Are Venkys naive?

Well back when they bought the club, they employed Kentaro SEM as consultants to help them. This is allowed under FA guidelines, as long as....

"League rules ban any third-party ownership of clubs or players, and prohibit third parties from exerting “undue influence” over a club’s activities. The league will scrutinise Blackburn’s future transfer dealings and other business to ensure that they fall within the rules.

There is nothing in the rules to prevent clubs employing brokers or advisers to guide them, and it is not surprising that Venky’s, an Indian poultry conglomerate with no previous sporting experience, sought guidance in the Blackburn deal.

Any evidence that an agency was favouring its clients in the transfer market, or dealing primarily with clubs where it had strong links, would potentially breach rules.

There is no suggestion that there has been any breach of the rules, and the presence of respected club chairman John Williams, still at the club last night despite speculation over his position, is offering comfort to the Premier League." (From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8202393/Sam-Allardyce-sacking-puts-Premier-League-on-alert-over-Blackburn-Rovers-transfer-policy.html)

Now you could be lenient and say sacking Allardyce was only advice, that replacing with Kean was only advice from Kentaro. However then theres the letter from Nick Harris, where the board of directors at Ewood have had agents walk in to Ewood with a full written remit to sign players on behalf of the club. Still advice, still naive owners?

I'd say they are complicit at this point in time. I fail to see how they aren't.

The FA investigated this, letters where sent back and forth. We should have the right to see those letters.

On 10/10/2017 at 23:19, Baz said:

As much Im happy that Elliott Bennett is a good human, and a decent footballer, personally I'd like some response from the owners about the recent statements made on twitter by Nick Harris. 

Cheston isn't stupid enough to comment, and to be fair wasn't around at the time. Seeing as only the people still around are the owners, maybe they could confirm in writing to the fans if Nick Harris' statement 're Kentaro and Jerome Anderson are correct, or lies.

When was this first broadcast?

This latest Twitter post by Nick Harris, sums it all up and is the very reason, why fans being fobbed off, with it's in the past, lets move, isn't good enough. We (and by that I mean the fans) have been taken for a ride, ripped off and seen our club totally destroyed. Nick Harris would not post this kind of thing, if it wasn't true, yet Venkys, supposedly are the victims of some scam, have been naïve, or aren't the real owners, dependant on what you want to believe. How are we supposed to move on, whilst they are still her and just sitting back saying nothing.

Appointing Coyle as just another strange decision, but still no answer, on that one either. It's about time, someone made them talk and got them to tell the fans the truth.

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

This latest Twitter post by Nick Harris, sums it all up and is the very reason, why fans being fobbed off, with it's in the past, lets move, isn't good enough. We (and by that I mean the fans) have been taken for a ride, ripped off and seen out club totally destroyed. Nick Harris would not post this king of thing, if it wasn't true, yet Venkys, supposedly are the victims of some scam, have been naïve, or aren't the real owners, dependant on what you want to believe. How are we supposed to move on, whilst they are still her and just sitting back saying nothing.

Appointing Coyle as just another strange decision, but still no answer, on that one either. It's about time, someone made them talk and got them to tell the fans the truth.

Has David Newton left his job at the FA?

Great words from Nick Harris. "Kentaro is now defunct and are being investigated, as part of the FIFA corruption enquiry". He also says in this clip that Kentaro had a written agreement to hire and fire players and managers, at Blackburn Rovers, which goes against FA rules. Lets hope that when this FIFA enquiry has taken place, something is uncovered about what exactly has gone on at Rovers and people are taken to task. In the meantime, lets hope and pray, that decisions taken, in the future, are for the real benefit of the club and not some third party, who may well, still be involved!

The meeting is in the past now and given, that I wasn't there, I have no idea how much Cheston was pressed on the Coyle issue. Perhaps for the next meeting, or possibly, by asking him before then, we should demand answers. Ask him to view the Nick Harris clip and state that on the face it, Kentaro, have now gone, but how come Coyle seems to have links to them and he was the surprise choice as manager, just over a year ago. It is being alleged by Nick Harris, that Kentaro, were running the club and the fans are concerned this is still going on. It is not acceptable to offer no comment on the Coyle appointment and state it is in the past. The very fact the Venkys hide like they do, means suspicion is still there, that someone, other than them, are STILL making key decisions.

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Great words from Nick Harris. "Kentaro is now defunct and are being investigated, as part of the FIFA corruption enquiry". He also says in this clip that Kentaro had a written agreement to hire and fire players and managers, at Blackburn Rovers, which goes against FA rules. Lets hope that when this FIFA enquiry has taken place, something is uncovered about what exactly has gone on at Rovers and people are taken to task. In the meantime, lets hope and pray, that decisions taken, in the future, are for the real benefit of the club and not some third party, who may well, still be involved!

Actually revealing that the written agreement with Kentaro granting powers over hiring and firing of players and managers exists is highly significant. A brave step by Nick Harris who is just one of at least six sports/investigative journalists who dug up far more than is in the public domain but was forever blocked from publishing by tantric lawyers. 

This document (and others which apparently go much further) have been widely known about including which of several people are alleged to have copies. No copies ever came into the hands of supporters as far as I know but the contents of one were read to some supporters.

7 minutes ago, lraC said:

The real worry for me is that it is FIFA who are carrying out a corruption enquiry. Given their track record with regard to corruption (even within their own bent organisation) I really can't see anything coming from it. We have been let down by so many people and organisations (who are supposed to protect us against things like this) I honestly doubt whether anything will ever be done against the Indians and their cohorts.

17 minutes ago, lraC said:

This latest Twitter post by Nick Harris, sums it all up and is the very reason, why fans being fobbed off, with it's in the past, lets move, isn't good enough. We (and by that I mean the fans) have been taken for a ride, ripped off and seen our club totally destroyed. Nick Harris would not post this kind of thing, if it wasn't true, yet Venkys, supposedly are the victims of some scam, have been naïve, or aren't the real owners, dependant on what you want to believe. How are we supposed to move on, whilst they are still her and just sitting back saying nothing.

I doubt very much Venkys have been naive taken for a ride or ripped off maybe the person who they let play with the club got scammed by some unscrupulous people but in no way shape or form was it ever going to hurt venkys  . They probably weren't interested and still not  in what actually happens or happened with BRFC as it's not what they bought the club for so they couldn't care less.. 

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Actually revealing that the written agreement with Kentaro granting powers over hiring and firing of players and managers exists is highly significant. A brave step by Nick Harris who is just one of at least six sports/investigative journalists who dug up far more than is in the public domain but was forever blocked from publishing by tantric lawyers. 

This document (and others which apparently go much further) have been widely known about including which of several people are alleged to have copies. No copies ever came into the hands of supporters as far as I know but the contents of one were read to some supporters.

It is highly likely that some of these documents, haven't come out, as they will point to corruption. I am highly suspicious that some of the agreements still exist and we are still controlled, by a third party and not by Venkys. It is more than a coincidence and certainly very convenient that Pasha, the current go between, has Kentaro links too. No wonder he won't attend any fans meetings.

32 minutes ago, lraC said:

It is highly likely that some of these documents, haven't come out, as they will point to corruption. I am highly suspicious that some of the agreements still exist and we are still controlled, by a third party and not by Venkys. It is more than a coincidence and certainly very convenient that Pasha, the current go between, has Kentaro links too. No wonder he won't attend any fans meetings.

100% agree. There always has to be some sort of the old SEM/Kentaro representation around the club in some guise and a certain amount of players via their satellite agents still get moved through the books, looking at it from the outside of course.

The Coyle scenario and some of his signings were another giant sized red flag.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

The meeting is in the past now and given, that I wasn't there, I have no idea how much Cheston was pressed on the Coyle issue. Perhaps for the next meeting, or possibly, by asking him before then, we should demand answers. 

Cheston refused to answer any question regarding Coyle stating the issue had been dealt with at the previous meeting. I suspect the same response would be forthcoming at any future meetings on the issue of Coyle.

IraC has made some excellent points and they are the reasons this should never be swept under the carpet and we should never move on from " the past/the present" (same thing )until there is total transparency at what is going on at rovers, who is running the show and who is accountable for the mass destruction of Jack's legacy. If we just let it go and move on like some suggest then nothing changes and the downward spiral continues unchallenged until there is nothing worth challenging

34 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

Cheston refused to answer any question regarding Coyle stating the issue had been dealt with at the previous meeting. I suspect the same response would be forthcoming at any future meetings on the issue of Coyle.

Cheston's moving on too then!

Cheston wasn't around, and that's a too convenient excuse for no reply / brushing aside the question, plus why wait the obligatory 6 months for another meeting?

The answers need to come from the owners, in writing. 

The FA should be made to release their investigation mentioned by Nick Harris to the supporters, or at very least to the government. 

On 10/10/2017 at 10:21, Dreams of 1995 said:

I find it odd that there's an argument against fans wanting 'someone to blame'. With any business when bad decisions are made the shareholders expect, nay demand, that someone is held accountable for the failure. The same can be said for a football club.

To argue that it's a silly vendetta of fans just seeking a 'victim' constantly is plain wrong and clearly a clutch at straws. Somebody has to be held accountable for last season aside from Owen Coyle. The truth of the matter is that the club had Neil Warnock lined up to take over and, at the 11th hour, somebody, somewhere decided that OC was the 'outstanding candidate'. We now sit here 12 months down the line with Cardiff at the top of the Championship and us mid-table in League 1.

Somebody has to be held accountable for that decision. If Vincent bloody Tan can get it right then why can't our illustrious owners? Mike Cheston's tale this year completely contradicts all of his media guff from last summer. Why is it considered such a bad thing to expect his job to be under scrutiny?

Meanwhile, 15 months after Coyle's appointment, Neil Warncock's Cardiff City are top of the Championship, 30 places ahead of Rovers and en route for the Premier League.

FOV

Archived