BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I won't be doing is watching that Kean loving Jim White on @#/? sport news. For us, if we can bring a defender in and a striker if Graham goes then we're all set to give it a right good go ;)

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

in's

Hanson permanent from Sheff Utd

Motherwell defender signs

out's

Graham to leave

Feeney to leave. 

Mulgrew and Lenihan to stay..

This is my opinion

Think the (planned) 'in' is Heneghan as you say. That suggests one of Lenehan or Mulgrew are off.

Not sure about Hanson. If we lose Graham the replacement will probably be another loan striker. Seems as though Mowbray thinks we can rent goal scorers. Probably because they cost too much to buy.

£750k for Graham is too low for the current market, and suggests we want him off the wage bill. Internet chat is that Rovers have been offering him to clubs rather than the other way around.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15504577.Rovers_aiming_to_get_a_couple_of_deals_over_the_line_on_transfer_deadline_day/?ref=mac

Mowbray on potential departures:-

“If it does then it’s because it’s right for the player, it’s right for the club, not standing in anyone’s way if I don’t think they are going to have as much game-time for us as they might hope they would do,” he added.

Sounds like Feeney fits the bill. Possibly Graham if he's not first choice. Certainly doesn't sound like it's going to be Mulgrew or Lenihan. We'll see. @MGPensionercredibility is going to be sorely tested in the coming hours. He'd sold everyone weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15504577.Rovers_aiming_to_get_a_couple_of_deals_over_the_line_on_transfer_deadline_day/?ref=mac

Mowbray on potential departures:-

“If it does then it’s because it’s right for the player, it’s right for the club, not standing in anyone’s way if I don’t think they are going to have as much game-time for us as they might hope they would do,” he added.

Sounds like Feeney fits the bill. Possibly Graham if he's not first choice. Certainly doesn't sound like it's going to be Mulgrew or Lenihan. We'll see. @MGPensionercredibility is going to be sorely tested in the coming hours. He'd sold everyone weeks ago.

Spot on. Don't see them leaving. If we keep them it's been our best transfer window. 

Just one thing in that Mowbray quote, the first priority should be that it's right for the club. Him saying 'right for the player' first makes me wonder if that's a little slip and one of the outs will actually be someone we would rather keep. My money is on Lenihan.

IF a clubs match whatever valuations Venky's have for Mulgrew and Lenihan than both will be sold, regardless of Mowbray's wishes.  While it is true that he has almost total control of the footballing side of things the finance side of the club will always take precedence and Venly's will authoise a sale of any player is their valuation is met.  That said Venky's valuations do tend to be on the high side.

Just now, Ricky said:

Just one thing in that Mowbray quote, the first priority should be that it's right for the club. Him saying 'right for the player' first makes me wonder if that's a little slip and one of the outs will actually be someone we would rather keep.

'Right for the player' could relate to anything. It's one way of saying that the player wants regular game time. It's also one way of saying that the player is in demand, and therefore wants the highest wage possible.

14 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

IF a clubs match whatever valuations Venky's have for Mulgrew and Lenihan than both will be sold, regardless of Mowbray's wishes.  While it is true that he has almost total control of the footballing side of things the finance side of the club will always take precedence and Venly's will authoise a sale of any player is their valuation is met.  That said Venky's valuations do tend to be on the high side.

This has always wound me up. In terms of outgoing transfers Venkys are actually pretty good at what they do (slap me now!!). We've got rid of players for very good fees. Unfortunately, it's what happens next that sticks in the memory. 0 investment back and terrible decisions elsewhere.

It's almost as if they aren't stupid and are perfectly capable of making very good decisions........................when it suits them.

There is the usual influx of upbeat transfer window posters, often newbies. It will be interesting to see how long they stick around here.

Meanwhile Cheston & Suhail have been up since the crack of dawn hawking Graham and others around any Club that will pick up the phone.

Cash only deals with payment as late today as possible at WU preferred. Imho.

28 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Sadly you are right in this assessment. Going to be another squeaky bottom final few hours of the window again. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Think the (planned) 'in' is Heneghan as you say. That suggests one of Lenehan or Mulgrew are off.

Not sure about Hanson. If we lose Graham the replacement will probably be another loan striker. Seems as though Mowbray thinks we can rent goal scorers. Probably because they cost too much to buy.

£750k for Graham is too low for the current market, and suggests we want him off the wage bill. Internet chat is that Rovers have been offering him to clubs rather than the other way around.

I don't see how it suggests either of those two are off, as Mowbray has said we need another defender regardless. 

Also don't get your comment about renting goal scorers, didn't we sign our top scorer? Also, isn't Nutall a permanent signing? 

I think some people here will be disappointed if today goes well. Actually, no, they will find fault somewhere to save face after all their predictions of a mass exodus not coming to pass :)

Archived