BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rossyrover said:

Why are we considering taking a 17 year old Rakeem Harper on loan when we have players in our under 23 squad that need to experience first team football?

Just now, islander200 said:

What sort of message does it send out to the likes of Tomlinson,Hardcastle and Rankin-Costello though?If Mowbray doesn't think they are ready then they should be loaned out especially Tomlinson

In that case, let's send Harry Chapman back.

Also, are you both aware that we have the smallest squad in the league? Things are going to get very stretched with just a handful of injuries, and we know how thick and fast the games come outside of the Premier League.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

What sort of message does it send out to the likes of Tomlinson,Hardcastle and Rankin-Costello though?If Mowbray doesn't think they are ready then they should be loaned out especially Tomlinson

He doesn't think they are good enough. The same message the first team players get when we sign a player.

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

In that case, let's send Harry Chapman back.

Also, are you both aware that we have the smallest squad in the league? Things are going to get very stretched with just a handful of injuries, and we know how thick and fast the games come outside of the Premier League.

As my previous post stated Chapman is in the last year of his Boro contract.Champan also had to previous loan spells in league one.

If this kid from West Bromwich is a worldie then why arnt championship clubs in for him?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Birmingham were sniffing but it looks like another club have secured him.

Either way,  we've missed out

Could mean we have pulled out as none of our lot are going.

If we end tonight with Mulgrew we are laughing, that's basically what today is all about for me.

4 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

He doesn't think they are good enough. The same message the first team players get when we sign a player.

Tomlinson has looked decent in his cameos.Seriously if we ain't producing young players good enough for league one then a cat 1 academy Is a waste of time and money

As my previous post stated Chapman is in the last year of his Boro contract.

If this kid from West Bromwich is a worldie then why arnt championship clubs in for him?

Your logic escapes me. :lol:

So... It's OK to sign a 19 year-old Harry Chapman on loan because he's in the last year of a contract. But it's not OK to sign a 17-year old Harper on loan because he isn't in the last year of his contract.

Are you also aware of the league we are in? If we only signed players good enough for the Championship, I'm not sure we'd ever make any signings!

You're going to set yourself up for anger and disappointment if you think we should be signing players that would walk into teams in the league above us.

Just now, Phil T said:

Are you also aware of the league we are in? If we only signed players good enough for the Championship, I'm not sure we'd ever make any signings!

You're going to set yourself up for anger and disappointment if you think we should be signing players that would walk into teams in the league above us.

Haha, as literally seems to have just happened in our pursuit of Heneghan.

Tomlinson has looked decent in his cameos.Seriously if we ain't producing young players good enough for league one then a cat 1 academy Is a waste of time and money

But what if the lad from West Brom is better and can help us get up this year? Even a lad as young as 17 will have been watched within an inch of his life, they don't just pluck them from anywhere. General example, If you are half a yard slower than a player from another team, similar ability, they will toss you aside and try and get the quicker kid.

Just now, Phil T said:

Your logic escapes me. :lol:

So... It's OK to sign a 19 year-old Harry Chapman on loan because he's in the last year of a contract. But it's not OK to sign a 17-year old Harper on loan because he isn't in the last year of his contract.

No what I'm saying is with Chapman we may have a chance of signing him on a permanent deal with him only having a year left on his contract at Boro.Chapman also had two loan spells at league one clubs who subsequently got promoted.

What Is the point of having an academy if our youngsters arnt good enough for league 1.If we where in the prem or championship then we would be hoping our youngsters got loan moves to league one or two for their development.They all seem to be doing well in the under 23 team.Tomlinson has been in and around the squad a couple of years now I'd rather he got a chance.You disagree which Is fair enough

2 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

But what if the lad from West Brom is better and can help us get up this year? Even a lad as young as 17 will have been watched within an inch of his life, they don't just pluck them from anywhere. General example, If you are half a yard slower than a player from another team, similar ability, they will toss you aside and try and get the quicker kid.

Last year I'm sure Byrne,Samuleson and the other useless fella where scouted.Where did that get us?

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

That was Coyle's magic. Bentley on his own paid for our academy for 5 years.

So because it's Mowbray then he must be good?I get our squad Is low on numbers but surely there are experienced players who might be out of favour that we could bring in on loan.I admit Chapman has looked good but its early days.If this lad from West Brom was an outstanding talent then I think teams in the league above us would be taking him.Iv liked what iv seem of our youngsters and If we ain't going to take a chance on them now while we are in league one then I don't see the point of the academy

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Any reason why we are targeting a 17 year old midfielder on loan rather than a left back ie something we need?

Maybe cos Mowbray is happy with Williams and Doyle there. 

But not centre midfielder where we got 4 midfielders but 1 is injury prone. 

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Last year I'm sure Byrne,Samuleson and the other useless fella where scouted.Where did that get us?

That was Coyle for you.

Hendrie and Samuelsen was cheap as hell..

Byrne highly rated but his career has gone backwards. Isnt at Oldham now

If this lad from West Brom was an outstanding talent then I think teams in the league above us would be taking him.

You can't really expect us to sign "outstanding talent" in this league, can you? Just to give the latest example, we've missed out on signing a centre-back who none of us have ever heard of, is probably just OK, and is apparently too good for us. That's where we are.

Maybe you need to reevaluate what is realistic for Rovers, here and now.

Archived