BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Speedie Dived said:

Likewise, if our kid was any good, Championship teams would be after him

But they are our kids.So you think Tomlinson doesn't have what it takes or Rankin-Costello?I don't know if they will have it...but from what I have seen Tomlinson in paticular deserves a chance.I'm not saying start them but let them come off the bench see what they can do.I don't believe for one second that Mowbray is taking this kid from West Bromwich to starting him in our first choice 11,if he was and could improve our first 11 then I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm a know nothing

Just now, Stuart said:

The point he is making isn't difficult to comprehend.

If we are going to give game to help other teams increase their value then they had better get us promoted.

If our young lads can't get a game - based on what I've seen there are some contenders - they should be loaned out.

Otherwise, what's the point of our academy? It's not developing our own and not making any money because they won't sign new contracts. It's almost as though there is some prestige to having our U23s in PL2.

Different story if there is a ready made player who could join permanently following a loan spell. But we still need to be loaning out our youngsters.

Because our academy has paid for itself numerous times over with quality players brought through and sold on, because they are good enough.

It doesn't matter if you are 35 or 15, if you are better than what we have, then surely we must want them to improve the side?

What's the point of developing an average youth team player to a decent footballer?

We are not growing youth team players in Blackburn, they are from all over the world. No loyalty to them, or from them to us.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe cos Mowbray is happy with Williams and Doyle there. 

But not centre midfielder where we got 4 midfielders but 1 is injury prone. 

You have said this season that you would drop Williams, and Doyle has never played a league minute.

Baring in mind this Harper is 17, so hes hardly ready to come straight in and give us another option, and with rubbish like Gladwin and Antonsson already brought in, you would agree its poor use of resources by Mowbray to ignore strengthening our weakest position?

Smallwood, Samuel, Dack, Chapman and Caddis look like good signings and I think Whittingham will come good but surely you understand what I am saying.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have said this season that you would drop Williams, and Doyle has never played a league minute.

Baring in mind this Harper is 17, so hes hardly ready to come straight in and give us another option, and with rubbish like Gladwin and Antonsson already brought in, you would agree its poor use of resources by Mowbray to ignore strengthening our weakest position?

Smallwood, Samuel, Dack, Chapman and Caddis look like good signings and I think Whittingham will come good but surely you understand what I am saying.

The kid might be 17, but he's a big unit. If he is good enough to play in the premier league a couple of weeks ago, I can't see why he wouldn't provide an option in League 1. Box to box player likened to Vieira.

Bilderesultat for rekeem harper

Feeney and Lowe playing in a division above us, while we scrap it out for (and lose) a lad from Motherwell with potential. Thanks Venkys.

Feeney was the worst player against Stoke's U21s on Tuesday! And Lowe...

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Well there you go then. You'd take losing out on Heneghan to keep Lenihan every day of the week.

We still need a commanding centre half.  Neither Lenihan or Mulgrew will be heading everything away when we are seriously under pressure.

Archived