BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This is why its difficult to have a conversation with you. 

Youve already said you arent happy with Williams this season, our only senior left back whose made a league appearance. Yet because it seems we wont be signing someone to rectify this glaring weakness your only justification is "Mowbray must be happy."

Well what do you want me to do? Force Mowbray to sign one. Maybe asked Mowbray why next time 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

only one place Heneghan was going as soon as Sheff Utd showed an interest, one division above and playing in front of 25,000

instead of 10,000 crowds, maybe if we'd have upped the money a few days ago, who knows ?

Don't think the crowds are a factor. No doubt playing in a higher league appealed. Shame they're above us in the pyramid these days, but we know why that is.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At the start of the summer, midfield and forwards was our weakness areas. Mowbray has addresssed those areas. 

I thought then and still do now that defence was and is our biggest concern.  Our first-choice CB pairing as it stands are basically an injury prone jack of all trades (CB/LB/DMF) in Mulgrew, and a converted midfielder in Lenihan.  This pairing essentially got us relegated, and given that managerial common sense says you build from the back, a solid defense should have been the first area addressed.  We need a commanding, rough-a*se centre half in as a priority.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

only one place Heneghan was going as soon as Sheff Utd showed an interest, one division above and playing in front of 25,000

instead of 10,000 crowds, maybe if we'd have upped the money a few days ago, who knows ?

Should have snapped him up before SU showed an interest. Typical fannying about

Just now, FGS5635 said:

We have 4 centre halves. You can't have more than that and keep them happy. 4 is enough. 

We've 3 experienced Centre Halves and one just making the step up from the academy. 2 of those 4 are currently injured and haven't kicked a ball since July, the other 2 have appalling injury records and are in their 30s. Mowbray wants or wanted another hence the bid for the Motherwell lad. I'm not happy with the numbers and by the sounds of his comments and his bids neither is Mowbray.

Just now, JHRover said:

We've 3 experienced Centre Halves and one just making the step up from the academy. 2 of those 4 are currently injured and haven't kicked a ball since July, the other 2 have appalling injury records and are in their 30s. Mowbray wants or wanted another hence the bid for the Motherwell lad. I'm not happy with the numbers and by the sounds of his comments and his bids neither is Mowbray.

I'd say the motherwell was to ensure he didn't get caught out if mulgrew or leinhan left. Or he possibly wanted him so leinhan or mulgrew could play centre mid where we are maybe 1 short

Just now, FGS5635 said:

I'd say the motherwell was to ensure he didn't get caught out if mulgrew or leinhan left. Or he possibly wanted him so leinhan or mulgrew could play centre mid where we are maybe 1 short

I'd say we are short at the back because our 2 first choice CD's can both play midfield.

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Something happening according to that sharpe's twitter.

Edit: Briansol is way quicker at typing than me.

Breach in security down at Brockhall by intruders but police report nothing of value taken

I'm not going to say something popular here, but fair play to Venkys for holding out against selling our most valuable players in this window. They are many things, but holding onto the likes of Lenihan and Mulgrew is at least commendable. Not many other clubs would have done the same in our position.

Archived