BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Just now, Phil T said:

I'm not going to say something popular here, but fair play to Venkys for holding out against selling our most valuable players in this window. They are many things, but holding onto the likes of Lenihan and Mulgrew is at least commendable. Not many other clubs would have done the same in our position.

Not just jumping in with two feet here. It's fair play to Mowbray. The owners have saved money this window and Mowbray has got a squad together.

The owners have not invested a penny.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bazza said:

Agree. Just off topic, are you flooded out, Mark?

No - I'm in Dallas so about 4 hours drive north - all we've had is a bit of rain and a drop in temperature.  Down there it's been bad, worst storm to hit the US in years.  Lots of flooding in Houston and the southern coast, 30,000+ left homeless, up to 1m cars wrecked but thankfully only 38 dead or missing so far - could've been much worse.

Just now, Blue Cabbage said:

Harper signs

Love that you typed the minimum to get first dibs. :D

A 17yo loanee. He needs to be absolutely brilliant, and hit the ground running, or he is just another barrier to some of our homegrown talent, such as Tomlinson.

Can't say I'm happy with this one. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Excellent signing☺

Like I said earlier would have preferred our own young players to get a chance but now he is here hope he will add something. It's a shame for Tomlinson though as you would expect Rovers to have given West Bromwich some assurances that Harper will get minutes.Tomlinson should have been loaned out though.This is what happened with Mahoney overlooked when we brought in Byrne and Samuelson and ended up leaving.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like Tomlinson, but aren't they different types of players? Tomlinson defensive and this guy more in the front 3 off the striker? 

Box-to-box according to the official site. Willem's role.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like Tomlinson, but aren't they different types of players? Tomlinson defensive and this guy more in the front 3 off the striker? 

I've not seen either of them play, but they're completely different types of player by all accounts. It's like comparing Sherwood with Zidane.

Archived