BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Feeney leaving on loan happy he's leaving tbf

Loaning him out seems pointless to me - surely some of our unplayed kids should be loaned instead. Loaning Feeney just gives them time to find out how naff he is and we get stuck with him when he returns. In the meantime we are losing a player that would probably have played some part this season.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JacknOry said:

Loaning him out seems pointless to me - surely some of our unplayed kids should be loaned instead. Loaning Feeney just gives them time to find out how naff he is and we get stuck with him when he returns. In the meantime we are losing a player that would probably have played some part this season.

Can't see any benefit to us.  If we had sold him fair enough.  Loaning out players from a thread bare squad is pointless- even when they are as bad as Feeney.

Bit of a bizarre situation with Feeney. Letting him go out on loan to Cardiff who are top of the league above us and 90% of Rovers fans are delighted about it. 

Him going is the least concerning of the departures although I do feel he might have been of some use in League One and almost certainly better placed to do a job than whatever the alternative is. 

Quite clear now for all to see that the incomings today revolve around someone's wages being taken off the books. 

I suspect the Motherwell lad was being teed up to come in quickly if we got a sale through. They tried hawking Graham around the Championship but no takers so Feeney was next on the list. Again no buyers but they've managed to find someone to take a chunk of his wages for the season. Using that cash they've been allowed to bring in the West Brom kid and probably another.

I can't get excited about loaning players from academies that our own academy lads compete with every season, especially after the disaster last season with Samuelsen and Byrne. Mind you its the same people running the show at Rovers. Mowbray has to make do with what he is given so if its loans only and when there's an outgoing he'll have to work within that just like Coyle had to do when he arrived.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He's nowt but a mercenary who owes a lot to his agents for the gigs they keep getting him despite his below average performances. Warnock has been sniffing a while and given his past Feeney usually goes into a club and makes an effort to earn yet another contract so hopefully something has been agreed in advance.

Hopefully the turkey never pulls of our shirt again he should never had ended up back here but for another stinking Coyle move.

Just now, Husky said:

The first console I ever played on was a Sega Master System with Alex built in. It was great! Life just didn't get any better after that.

You must be a youngun then, i had that Atari thing with the paddles and the game where you hit the ball from one side of the screen to the other. Plastic key spectrum, BBC Micro, commodore 64 and then onto the Amiga 500 - were my early computers. Anyway, back to loaning kids....

Just now, Phil T said:

Sam Hart. Can't say I've heard of him!

Left back. I wonder if this means he'll trust Williams at centre half and use this bloke left back.

Wow. I hate what we have become. I typed that sentence and had to just sit back for a few seconds to catch my breath. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

You must be a youngun then, i had that Atari thing with the paddles and the game where you hit the ball from one side of the screen to the other. Plastic key spectrum, BBC Micro, commodore 64 and then onto the Amiga 500 - were my early computers. Anyway, back to loaning kids....

I have a Binatone in the attic! 6e2f0e8940cd8e445c088723766b6147.jpglike this one!

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Feeney's contract expires at the end of the season so he's not coming back. Good riddance!

Archived