BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in league one, it's an underwhelming league where u play underwhelming football and make underwhelming signings. 

Just now, islander200 said:

I guess it's another season playing under 23 football for Tomlinson, Doyle and Travis

Then they aren't good enough. If they were they would be playing. Its pretty simple really

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

20 year old with potential on a two year deal. It's exactly who we should be signing.

Strange comment that, if Williams gets injured this kid is an unknown he's not proven quality for this league. Not signing a centre half means if Lenihan and Mulgrew were to pick up knocks we would be fooked. Let's just pray our defence stays injury free.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

All seems a bit desperate now.  A friend who is a Liverpool season ticket tells me he knows little about the lad and he's nowhere near the 1st team squad at Anfield.

If he was near the 1st team squad he wouldn't be coming to us, would he.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

20 year old with potential on a two year deal. It's exactly who we should be signing.

and what about the potential of Doyle, Tomlinson?  Feel sorry for these lads, Doyle in particular.  How to p I s s off your own.

Drinking at the last chance saloon all afternoon. It's pull a pig night. 

Is Doyle not a 20 year old LB from Liverpool, and already here. Him and Tomlinson have just had any potential career here stopped in its tracks. The jury is definitely out. 

Just now, Butty said:

Strange comment that, if Williams gets injured this kid is an unknown he's not proven quality for this league. Not signing a centre half means if Lenihan and Mulgrew were to pick up knocks we would be fooked. Let's just pray our defence stays injury free.

I mean it's the right profile. Young with potential to improve and not on loan. As for him being a left-back I don't remember it being a position that was being highlighted as a problem area when we had 2 LB's. We've now got three. He played in this league last season too. Not sure what you found strange?

1 minute ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Never heard of him so can't judge, but at least its a signing in a position we needed. Could do with a CB too, but Williams can cover there now we have another player who can play LB.

I suspect as we missed out on the Motherwell centre back, this was plan B. 

Use Williams as a CB and this lad and Doyle as LB. 

Just now, bazza said:

If he was near the 1st team squad he wouldn't be coming to us, would he.

and the size of Liverpool's 1st team squad is near the 30 mark and this lad is nowhere near.  Remember Sean Curry signed from Liverpool about 30 years ago !?!?

9 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

We are in league one, it's an underwhelming league where u play underwhelming football and make underwhelming signings. 

Then they aren't good enough. If they were they would be playing. Its pretty simple really

They haven't been tested.They have all looked decent in the games iv seen them.Look at Josh Morris let go when we where higher up in the ladder,rightly let go because he wasn't good enough,but played some games in league 1 developed and is now one of the best players in league one and capable of playing in the Championship. If your happy signing a 20 year old left back from Liverpool who spent half a season on loan at Port Vale before they sent him back fair enough,but I'm not.

We had this last season with Mahoney brought in "highly rated" kids from the premier league,Mahoney wasn't given a chance because of it.Didn't sign a new contract and moved up to the premier league.While Jack Byrne has now gone to Oldham,HendRie to Southend and Samuelson back in West hams reserves

Archived