BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I mean it's the right profile. Young with potential to improve and not on loan. As for him being a left-back I don't remember it being a position that was being highlighted as a problem area when we had 2 LB's. We've now got three. He played in this league last season too. Not sure what you found strange?

I misread your comment too be fair pal, I just feel that if Lenihan Mulgrew and Williams were too be injured our defence would absolutely crumble, Hart at left back, unproven in this league played a few games in this league last season in a side who got relegated, Ward is shocking, Wharton again is unproven in this league, imagine starting with a back four of Caddis/Nyambe Ward Wharton and Hart. Scary thought if we get injuries. 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doaksie said:

Drinking at the last chance saloon all afternoon. It's pull a pig night. 

Is Doyle not a 20 year old LB from Liverpool, and already here. Him and Tomlinson have just had any potential career here stopped in its tracks. The jury is definitely out. 

Melodramatic. Unless you know that Tomlinson is better than Harper? The idea this season is to get promoted, not to let some youth teams players  prove if they are good enough or not.

Hart and Doyle are now contracted Rovers players. Again, maybe Hart is better?

Williams Will be the New centre half. Hart and Doyle left backs. Plenty of defenders that can play at full back or centre half now. We are league 1 and a 2 year deal is ideal. 

At the start of the window if you would have asked any Rovers fan name 2 players you want to leave we would have all said Steele and Feeney. 

Well done TM. You have proved a lot of critics wrong.

Just now, Butty said:

I misread your comment too be fair pal, I just feel that if Lenihan Mulgrew and Williams were too be injured our defence would absolutely crumble, Hart at left back, unproven in this league played a few games in this league last season in a side who got relegated, Ward is shocking, Wharton again is unproven in this league, imagine starting with a back four of Caddis/Nyambe Ward Wharton and Hart. Scary thought if we get injuries. 

I agree we needed at CD, but there's no harm in signing players with potential in other positions.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's nowt but a mercenary who owes a lot to his agents for the gigs they keep getting him despite his below average performances. Warnock has been sniffing a while and given his past Feeney usually goes into a club and makes an effort to earn yet another contract so hopefully something has been agreed in advance.

Hopefully the turkey never pulls of our shirt again he should never had ended up back here but for another stinking Coyle move.

Interesting that warnock was the overwhelming choice to be our manager , a saviour even for many on here. Would have been interesting to see the reaction if such a revered manager went and brought Feeney to our club.

so Warnock takes Feeney and Redknapp signs Lowe . Are they wrong or are we??? It's a mad world

Just now, TBTF said:

Interesting that warnock was the overwhelming choice to be our manager , a saviour even for many on here. Would have been interesting to see the reaction if such a revered manager went and brought Feeney to our club.

so Warnock takes Feeney and Redknapp signs Lowe . Are they wrong or are we??? It's a mad world

As Steve Evans said on TV an hour ago agents run football and there you've just mentioned two of the most agent friendly managers outside top flight, i'll say no more ;)

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I mean it's the right profile. Young with potential to improve and not on loan. As for him being a left-back I don't remember it being a position that was being highlighted as a problem area when we had 2 LB's. We've now got three. He played in this league last season too. Not sure what you found strange?

Also if one of the CB is injured Williams will move into CB and Doyle can play LB. That means this lad will be on the bench... 

good move 

1 minute ago, Butty said:

I think if any club were to lose their best 3 defenders through injury then they would struggle! 

We have a stronger squad than we had this time last season and I would imagine we are paying far less in wages. 

Well done TM

COYB

2 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Warnock takes Feeney and Redknapp signs Lowe . Are they wrong or are we??? It's a mad world

Feeney and Lowe are both rubbish but are now playing for good clubs in a division above.....but messageboard experts clearly know better.

Welcome to Sam Hart and the lad from West Brom whose names escapes me - let's hope they have a cracking season or two with us. 

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and the size of Liverpool's 1st team squad is near the 30 mark and this lad is nowhere near.  Remember Sean Curry signed from Liverpool about 30 years ago !?!?

Liverpools first team defenders:

Clyne, Robertson, Sakho, Lovren, Gomez, Klavan, Moreno, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Flanagan.

Thats 10. Ok, take out Sakho, who they didn't want and just sold for like £26m.

How near are you expecting him to be? 

Archived