BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Looks like that's a wrap, folks.

Think it's been a very reasonable window, with Mahoney being the only player that we knew we were going to lose some time ago.

Mulgrew, Lenihan, and Graham are still here. Steele and Feeney are gone. Some already good signings making an impact, namely Chapman, Dack, and Smallwood. Harper an exciting prospect, hopefully similar to Chapman.

Overall, I would've settled for that at the beginning of the window.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right people.

Admit it if you've been extremely negative saying we wouldn't do anything and go further down due to an awful window?

I was optimistic and feeling pretty positive about the window. 

We have the squad to win promotion and we have kept our best players from the championship.

We cannot moan about that! 

If any of us had been asked this at the start of the window we all would have snapped that up straight away.

Can you imagine how much @#/? you would've taken on here if you claimed at the start of the summer we'd hang on to Mulgrew, Lenihan, and Graham, have a net transfer spend of about £500k-£750k, including buying Dack, sold Steele for £500k, got Feeney's wages off our books for a few months (I assume), brought in Whittingham and Smallwood, plus a few other depth signings. You would've been tarred and feathered.

Plus a couple young loans, though I'm sure that would cause outrage among a few too.

Feel free to quibble with depth at CB, or maybe not giving some academy lads a change, but this is faaaar from what many assumed would happen. Kinda funny really.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It seems Mowbray only targeted players with surnames beginning with 'h' in this window.

Yes , Dack, Gladwin , whittingham , Smallwood, Samuel- I can see where you are coming from.

8 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think if any club were to lose their best 3 defenders through injury then they would struggle! 

We have a stronger squad than we had this time last season and I would imagine we are paying far less in wages. 

Well done TM

COYB

Hold up lads we've got another! If it's a centre half then I'll take back everything I've said and go and put myself in the corner like Dacky boy. 

So...we may actually end the window with Mulgrew, Bennett, Lenihan and Graham. The four we said we must hold on to.  After the mass exodus of crap, we only get shut of the hapless Steele and ineffective Feeney.  Samuel, Smallwood, Nuttall, Dack, Chapman already look lively. Plenty of other options in the squad now too.

...but some STILL complain. 

15 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Interesting that warnock was the overwhelming choice to be our manager , a saviour even for many on here. Would have been interesting to see the reaction if such a revered manager went and brought Feeney to our club.

so Warnock takes Feeney and Redknapp signs Lowe . Are they wrong or are we??? It's a mad world

If Warnock was at Rovers and had us in Cardiff's position I'd have taken the day off work to drive Feeney up to Ewood Park!

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We have the squad to win promotion and we have kept our best players from the championship.

We cannot moan about that! 

Lets hope you are right.. 

My surprise is we've kept Graham.. As previously stated he should get a pan full in this league 

Just now, JHRover said:

If Warnock was at Rovers and had us in Cardiff's position I'd have taken the day off work to drive Feeney up to Ewood Park!

Warnock knows how to get the best out of players.. Cardiff are flying at the moment 

Archived