BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Just now, SoldierMo said:

Funny how nixon does not even comment on our transfers he is totally out the loop

Not been in it for years. Pretty much since Venkys rocked up.

A couple of snippets perhaps and a brief return when the utterly clueless Coyle stole a living here but apart from that he's been well out of touch for a long time.

I'm just happy he's stopped commenting on Rovers.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seething that we didn't get Henighan. It would have been quite poetic to have Henighan and Lenihan as centre backs

Then we could have signed Rafferty and Lafferty to play with them. What Irish song is that?.

Well there is the centre back cover everyone was crying about.

I know we didn't sign messi and Ronaldo like we wanted, but apart from that I'm not sure this window could have gone much better with our finances and owners.

Literally mind blown that nobody came in for Mulgrew

Just now, roversfan99 said:

All 3 of todays signings scream of bottom of the barrel. Not sure any would get in the squad if everyone was fit.

Don't know about their qualities as never seen any of them play (or I might have done but don't recall doing) but what it does scream is 'no more money'

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock on the signing of Liam Feeney on loan from Rovers: "I think we needed a player of his quality to come in."

Does the rest of that quote go something like this... "We needed to bring the fans back down to earth with a bump after the start we have made and this should have done that nicely"

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

And a CB- finally. Another I know nothing about, but again it's a position we needed. No complaints today.

I am sure plenty of people Will be complaining though. TM has stuck to his word. The Venkys haven't interfered. Feeney is gone, Harry has signed a chump. Might have a McEwans lager to celebrate. 

Personally, think this hasn't been a bad window for us.  The players we wanted to keep are all still here and we've made a number of additions, admittedly one or two still have to prove themselves.  However, for a League One club with limited resources I'm pleased with the outcome this window.  Now it's up to the manager and his staff to get the best out of them and mount a promotion challenge.  

Archived