BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We still need a commanding centre half.  Neither Lenihan or Mulgrew will be heading everything away when we are seriously under pressure.

I'd be giving Wharton a chance tbh. Wasn't he Cambridge's player of the year last year only a division below?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Good move for Jason Lowe - I'm pleased for the lad. Sadly, he's in a different class to the type of player we can afford now.  

If you'd ran on the pitch and protested instead of being lazy and wanting others to do it on your behalf, maybe we'd have been able to afford better now under better owners. 

Just now, danger19_80 said:

I'd be giving Wharton a chance tbh. Wasn't he Cambridge's player of the year last year only a division below?

Should have started on Tuesday tbh. Surprised if he is still here tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

If you'd ran on the pitch and protested instead of being lazy and wanting others to do it on your behalf, maybe we'd have been able to afford better now under better owners. 

Done my bit. Far too old now. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're right there Jim, he's in a different class alright. Given the amount of games he's played for us he must be one of our worst ever players.

Worst regular starter I have ever seen play for us, without question. Says a lot that he's only got a one year deal in the Championship when he's been England u21 captain etc.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I think Mulgrew, Lenihan, Ward, Wharton and Platt is enough for this league, although I wouldn't mind a bit if extra cover. Left back is and has always been more of a priority in this window, imo.

Big centre half in. Mulgrew to left back.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're right there Jim, he's in a different class alright. Given the amount of games he's played for us he must be one of our worst ever players.

There's been many poor players over the years - think back to the late 1960s and early 1970s. Unfair to compare Lowe to them.

Anyway, he deserves a better club to play for than our present shambles. 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Worst ever regular starter I have ever seen play for us, without question. Says a lot that he's only got a one year deal in the Championship when he's been England u21 captain etc.

I can't honestly recall a worse player who was somehow a fixture in the first team. We've had some dross over the last few years but he was good at nothing that I could discern.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I think Mulgrew, Lenihan, Ward, Wharton and Platt is enough for this league, although I wouldn't mind a bit if extra cover. Left back is and has always been more of a priority in this window, imo.

Agree, we are in dire need of a left back. But, Mulgrew and Lenihan are a bit injury prone, Ward is bloody useless and Wharton seemingly isn't being played for some reason, has he been injured? I would have him above Ward in the pecking order though. I don't know anything about Platt other than he is an untried youngster. We could do with a bruising, reliable Centre back that is fit more often than not.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

After the dosh he's had from us I don't see how he deserves anything.

He's paid the going Championship rate I presume. Good luck to him. He deserves a new start after all the rubbish he's had to take from some fans and watching the club he joined as a boy go down the pan. 

Archived