BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

Looks like we signed Harper some time ago judging by the daylight at Brockhall.

IMG_6846.JPG

That was probably when he put pen to paper and we were just waiting on the final green light from Pune. Early June or something.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you leave Smallwood out to play either of Lenihan or Mulgrew there ? I wouldn't at the moment.

No but I think Smallwood and Mulgrew would be a decent partnership. Mulgrew has a nice range of passing. I'm not keen on Evans he just never seems to do a lot.He has played alright in the last couple of matches though so maybe he has found his level

Would you leave Smallwood out to play either of Lenihan or Mulgrew in centre midfield ? I wouldn't at the moment.

No I wouldn't but what I'm saying is if we had a centre back who I felt confident could slot in to the side, that player could be brought in if we have injuries in the centre of midfield or at centre back. Other than Lenihan and Mulgrew we have no other remotely decent centre back options. 

"WBA fan here; this lad has got it all. Plays above his 17 years. Came on against Bournemouth 1st game at 1-0, big occasion, oozed quality on the ball. Very calm. No panic. Eats the ground up. Bit of Yaya Toure about him. He's got the makings of a cult hero with us in a few years so hope he has a great season with you guys. You got an absolute gem of a player." This is from FB.

Just now, islander200 said:

No but I think Smallwood and Mulgrew would be a decent partnership. Mulgrew has a nice range of passing. I'm not keen on Evans he just never seems to do a lot.He has played alright in the last couple of matches though so maybe he has found his level

We need a central midfield player who can join up with strikers from time to time. I don't see either of Smallwood or Mulgrew getting into the final third often enough. Maybe the boy wonder from WBA can fulfil that role.

We need a central midfield player who can join up with strikers from time to time. I don't see either of Smallwood or Mulgrew getting into the final third often enough. Maybe the boy wonder from WBA can fulfil that role.

Ever heard of Bradley Dack? Didn't he get 17 assists in a season lol

We need a central midfield player who can join up with strikers from time to time. I don't see either of Smallwood or Mulgrew getting into the final third often enough.

Yeah I can see what your saying but Evans doesn't do that either.Picks up the ball,turns in a little circle and lays it off

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

"WBA fan here; this lad has got it all. Plays above his 17 years. Came on against Bournemouth 1st game at 1-0, big occasion, oozed quality on the ball. Very calm. No panic. Eats the ground up. Bit of Yaya Toure about him. He's got the makings of a cult hero with us in a few years so hope he has a great season with you guys. You got an absolute gem of a player." This is from FB.

Pretty much the same as what City fans were saying about Byrne and West Ham fans about Samuelson, I will believe it when I see it.

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes we are. 

At least we might get a couple of frees, I expected loans only.

Then get Feeney, Graham and anyone else on decent wages sent packing. We only need a few good players for this league and we've got a chance of promotion.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Wondered about Nuhiu a couple of months ago when he left Sheffield. I'd be content with him. Decent age, massive, bags of experience in Lge 1/Championship. Some aerial threat at last.

He's been utter crap whenever I've seen him. 

That's been the issue at Rovers since Dunny called it a day. Lenihan or Charlie Boy won't solve that particular problem I'm afraid

Maybe Dack can be that guy,he does remind me a bit of Dunny obviously not at the same level.I wouldn't mind seeing a diamond in midfield, Smallwood holding,Dack at the tip with any two from Conway, Chapman and Bennett either side.Graham and Samuel up front.It could work at home and away against the lesser teams.Away against the better teams then play two holding midfielders 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about the Motherwell lad. Scottish connections say he's big, strong, and a tough competitor. Sounds like a young Allan Hunter

Hunter was a class act who excelled at Ipswich and a 'quiet' toughie.  Heard a tale or two about him sorting more than one out in the Portman Road dressing room including Terry Butcher.

1 hour ago, West Yorks Rover said:

only one place Heneghan was going as soon as Sheff Utd showed an interest, one division above and playing in front of 25,000

instead of 10,000 crowds, maybe if we'd have upped the money a few days ago, who knows ?

Think we lost this lad arguing over the 'chicken s h I t'.  Absolutely criminal and insane.

Archived