BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

He's been utter crap whenever I've seen him. 

I always thought this lad caused our defence problems everytime he played for Sheff Weds against us. He is huge. Holds the ball up and wins his headers; we need this option in this league. Sure he scored a couple of times against us.

Another teenager and a loan - i guess there was never a backup list of CBs after all and we're now just getting desperate to grab anyone available on loan.

Still, anyone would do right now as we need numbers back there.

Just now, david brent said:

I always thought this lad caused our defence problems everytime he played for Sheff Weds against us. He is huge. Holds the ball up and wins his headers; we need this option in this league. Sure he scored a couple of times against us.

Fair enough, it's all about opinions.

I felt he won far less headers than he should (or at least not effective with his heading), his touch and in particular his intelligence was lacking. Could have been a bad day for the guy, I've never seen him regularly. When he had his ponytail me and some of my mates used to call him whoops shelf pound shop Zlatan.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Disappointing not to get a permanent player through the door.  17 seems a bit young to be roughing it out in a league 1 midfield, guess we'll see.

Indeed. This is my concern. Filling up gaps in the squad by picking up 'prospects' who the Premier League clubs are happy to send out for a season to aid their development. The bean counters like Cheston are happy. Keep the contracts down to a minimum, low risk financially, probably pay £500 a week or something daft to their wages. Will they be able to come in and hit the ground running among the seasoned League One men? Because we need them to.

I think they are now doing what they did last season and rooting about for kids to beef out the squad from big clubs who'll send em here for next to nothing in return for some game experience.   Remember the fanfare last season with the lads from City etc and they contributed naff all !

May mean that the main squad stays intact though so that's a plus especially if Lenihen gets fit and replaces dozy Ward.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Disappointing not to get a permanent player through the door.  17 seems a bit young to be roughing it out in a league 1 midfield, guess we'll see.

Young players thrive and develop when they have other good footballers around them.

Scuffling around in a physical league and trying to 'carry' a bunch of mediocres would be difficult for even the most experienced of players.

Just now, tomphil said:

I think they are now doing what they did last season and rooting about for kids to beef out the squad from big clubs who'll send em here for next to nothing in return for some game experience.   Remember the fanfare last season with the lads from City etc and they contributed naff all !

May mean that the main squad stays intact though so that's a plus especially if Lenihen gets fit and replaces dozy Ward.

Metatarsals can be very problematical as we saw with Lowe.  Let's hope he's being treated by a different consultant!

Archived