BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FGS5635 said:

Every player has a price at every single club, thats the modern world.

No, we can sell anyone anymore because it would go straight into venkys pocket . We also can't sign anyone because they might have an agent who is deeply involved with the Scottish mafia/illuminatti/Paul Seniors wife 

52 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

IF a clubs match whatever valuations Venky's have for Mulgrew and Lenihan than both will be sold, regardless of Mowbray's wishes.  While it is true that he has almost total control of the footballing side of things the finance side of the club will always take precedence and Venly's will authoise a sale of any player is their valuation is met.  That said Venky's valuations do tend to be on the high side.

That's always the worry, Venky's step in and sell players above the managers head.

As far as I am concerned, Mulgrew is effectively invaluable to us. No matter the amount we receive, we will not be able to replace him with a better player.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Hope we don't sign that youngster from West brom on loan. Think we need to give Tomlinson a chance, otherwise what is the point of a category A academy if we constantly sign players to stop development.

That requires some long term planning. When managers know a bad run of results will cost them their job, its not always easy to put your trust in kids. Hopefully if things keep picking up and we can get up the top end of the table then the manager can be braver with things like this if he has some credit in the job security bank

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why do you even support rovers if you are so negative. Seems pointless to me. 

The reality with Rovers over the last seven years has been overwhelmingly negative though.

55 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

IF a clubs match whatever valuations Venky's have for Mulgrew and Lenihan than both will be sold, regardless of Mowbray's wishes.  While it is true that he has almost total control of the footballing side of things the finance side of the club will always take precedence and Venly's will authoise a sale of any player is their valuation is met.  That said Venky's valuations do tend to be on the high side.

Fact, or your opinion?

Cliches aside 'every player has his price' etc etc, imagine the scenario at 10.59pm tonight if Venky's sanction the sale of Lenihan and/or Mulgrew against Mowbray's wishes and we haven't managed to sign another defender. Do you really think Mowbray will be happy? Do you think he'll carry on in the job knowing it would be nigh on impossible to meet his remit of promotion without a defence? Rumours are he'll walk if players are sold against his wishes, which is what he apparently told them when he went to India.

I'm guessing your statement is a bit simplistic and lots of other factors would have to come in to play before the sales of Lenihan and Mulgrew were authorised, with replacements already lined up being the major one.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Fact, or your opinion?

Cliches aside 'every player has his price' etc etc, imagine the scenario at 10.59pm tonight if Venky's sanction the sale of Lenihan and/or Mulgrew against Mowbray's wishes and we haven't managed to sign another defender. Do you really think Mowbray will be happy? Do you think he'll carry on in the job knowing it would be nigh on impossible to meet his remit of promotion without a defence? Rumours are he'll walk if players are sold against his wishes, which is what he apparently told them when he went to India.

I'm guessing your statement is a bit simplistic and lots of other factors would have to come in to play before the sales of Lenihan and Mulgrew were authorised, with replacements already lined up being the major one.

I'd imagine tony would be stood near the fax machine looking at Cheston going  'Go on, I dare you'

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Hope we don't sign that youngster from West brom on loan. Think we need to give Tomlinson a chance, otherwise what is the point of a category A academy if we constantly sign players to stop development.

I'm not a fan of signing these kids from Premier League clubs. I think its a cheap and easy way of filling the squad up for the short term, if it goes wrong or the player doesn't settle etc. then they can be jettisoned off back to their parent club in a few months. Samuelsen, Byrne and Hendrie were disasters despite fanfare when they arrived, yet to a club keen on saving the pennies these sort of signings are attractive. The parent clubs are more than happy to facilitate the move without the need for a loan fee or even large wage contribution as they are seeing their asset develop in competitive games rather than spending the season in their U23s.

We should be signing seasoned pros who have years of experience either in this division or above. Fortunately Mowbray so far appears to have followed this as virtually all his signings have experience.

We need to keep Mulgrew, if he leaves it'll be a kick in the teeth for everyone. I'd like to see Lenihan stay but if he leaves it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we get a replacement in. We've got a couple of decent young centre halves coming through in Wharton and Platt so we should be ok there.

Graham can go for me, it appears he wants away and his heart doesn't seem to be in it any longer.

I can't see anyone else leaving that would be a major loss.

There's a difference between a decent transfer window and an excellent transfer window. If we're as we are now when the window shuts then I will describe the window as satisfactory. Could have been better, but certainly could have been a lot lot worse.

However there will still be several issues we haven't dealt with and concerns that will overshadow us until at least January. A lack of options up front and at the back. A squad already creaking with injuries to key players and highly likely to sustain several more with Evans, Mulgrew and Ward relied upon every week.

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why do you even support rovers if you are so negative. Seems pointless to me. 

Seems pointless to believe everything is fine and dandy when we all know its dire. I support Rovers because I always have, simple as that.

There's no pleasure in it though and won't be till those mentally challenged owners have gone.

Its not that we are in the Turd Division, we were there before but it was still fun. Looked forward to every game.

Archived