BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lenihan has broken foot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We needed a quality centre half all summer. We ended up with a 4th choice lower league unknown. 

Suddenly deadline day doesn't look as rosy.

Sorry but this is wrong, we signed experience centre back who knows the league inside out. That is what a lot of people on here wanted all summer, now we signed one some posters aren't happy still. I really do give up with it all at times. so bloody frustrated it is.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry but this is wrong, we signed experience centre back who knows the league inside out. That is what a lot of people on here wanted all summer, now we signed one some posters aren't happy still. I really do give up with it all at times. so bloody frustrated it is.

Balls Chaddy.

Look at my posts all summer. I wanted to improve the first xi at centre half. That was my main request once we brought Samuel in.

Besides, it's my opinion. Funnily enough, you've just said to someone else who didn't like an alternative opinion "if you don't like it dont come on here.".

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Balls Chaddy.

Look at my posts all summer. I wanted to improve the first xi at centre half. That was my main request once we brought Samuel in.

Besides, it's my opinion. Funnily enough, you've just said to someone else who didn't like an alternative opinion "if you don't like it dont come on here.".

firstly, I never said you I said lot of people on here.

secondly, I have no problem with different opinions as I enjoy the friendly debate(not aggressive or personal) but Posters asked for an experience league 1 defender and we signed one and some people are unhappy still. Give the lad a chance.

Maybe I'm guilty of skim reading but the posts I picked up on regarding a new centre half were practically all for a 'hard nut' Andy Todd style player, don't remember many specifically asking for someone that's a League One defender, by virtue of playing most of their career here.

Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive, and for what it's worth I'm not exactly unhappy with the Dowling signing either, given it's not a permanent transfer.

Something appears to be really odd here. If it is the injury he received a month ago and, despite scans and intense treatment it has only just been diagnosed then somebody should be held accountable. What I found really stupid about this was that he stayed on at Southend despite clearly having an injury. We had used all our substitutes so he went up front and tried manfully to run and kick the ball but it was clear to all he was severely impeded by his injury. I might have the wrong e d of the stick here but hasn't there been several criticisms of our medical staff recently.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

secondly, I have no problem with different opinions as I enjoy the friendly debate(not aggressive or personal) but Posters asked for an experience league 1 defender and we signed one and some people are unhappy still. Give the lad a chance.

Chaddy, you quoted me as saying I didn't rate the signing and you had a little tantrum about being frustrated. Of course you were referring to me.

Now you're back-peddling quicker than Ross Barkley at a Chelsea medical.

Back to Lenihan, shame for the lad and hope he can hit the ground running when he comes back. Big pressure on the back 4 now.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not everything has to be a positive. Just as people have repeatedly said that Samuel, Dack and Smallwood are very good signings, and that it is good that Mulgrew, Bennett etc are staying. They are also allowed to question why with one defender injured since the start of the season, we will spend a considerable period of the season with one quality but injury prone centre back, and the choice of an injured kid, a very slow and often error prone Ward and a defender who was 4th choice at MK Dons who we put 4 past last week, and whom their fans thought it was hilarious that they had got rid of them, especially to us.

Just now, Hasta said:

Chaddy, you quoted me as saying I didn't rate the signing and you had a little tantrum about being frustrated. Of course you were referring to me.

Now you're back-peddling quicker than Ross Barkley at a Chelsea medical.

no back peddling at all

frustrated? I am with a lot of Rovers fans who judge players without knowing a lot about the players we signed. time to trust Mowbray and his scouting staff

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not everything has to be a positive. Just as people have repeatedly said that Samuel, Dack and Smallwood are very good signings, and that it is good that Mulgrew, Bennett etc are staying. They are also allowed to question why with one defender injured since the start of the season, we will spend a considerable period of the season with one quality but injury prone centre back, and the choice of an injured kid, a very slow and often error prone Ward and a defender who was 4th choice at MK Dons who we put 4 past last week, and whom their fans thought it was hilarious that they had got rid of them, especially to us.

nobody saying everything has to be positive have they?

I'm not bothered about what mk dons think of Downing tbh but how he plays here Downing gives us experience of this league. he was back up option when Hannagan the Motherwell defender was 1st choice to come here. gone Sheff Utd instead

I don't know if you watch the Wilder video of deadline day and what gone on the day with clubs, players and agents changing their minds. was a great insight into football

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you wanted a Samsung S8 but were quite happy to accept an S7, and then somebody bought you a crappy Chinese knock off, would you be happy?

Nobody 'wanted' Downing. However, he was assumed during to be a fourth choice player. The good news of the window was keeping Mulgrew and Lenihan. Looks like that's now only half good news. Of course this does rely on Mulgrew staying fit - something he isn't reknowned for.

A CB pairing of Ward and Downing doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Everything is good news as far as you are concerned. Losing Lenihan is a massive blow. It does also pour cold water on the idea that the club had fended off an potential interest.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

frustrated? I am with a lot of Rovers fans who judge players without knowing a lot about the players we signed. time to trust Mowbray and his scouting staff

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not bothered about what mk dons think of Downing tbh but how he plays here Downing gives us experience of this league.

So you're frustrated with Rovers fans judging him who haven't seen him play and you aren't bothered about what MK Dons fans think of him who have seen him play. Yet you state.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry but this is wrong, we signed experience centre back who knows the league inside out.

How have you come to a conclusion about the fellow if you won't listen to anyone who knows anything about him?

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In fairness chaddyrovers when people suggested an experienced league 1 defender they expected a bit better than a guy who can't even make the starting 11 for a team who should be finishing below us this season.Will get my support like anyone who pulls on the blue and white halves but you can't expect fans to be overly happy with us bringing in a mk dons reserve

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no back peddling at all

But you judge players before you see them play too.Everyone is a great signing according to you once they sign for Rovers wether you have seen them or not.It's like last season you said Mahoney was a great prospect and that you thought he would sign a new deal as Mowbray was manager when it was announced he wouldn'tbe signing a new deal you said you weren't bothered because Mahoney wasn't that good anyway 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Something appears to be really odd here. If it is the injury he received a month ago and, despite scans and intense treatment it has only just been diagnosed then somebody should be held accountable. What I found really stupid about this was that he stayed on at Southend despite clearly having an injury. We had used all our substitutes so he went up front and tried manfully to run and kick the ball but it was clear to all he was severely impeded by his injury. I might have the wrong e d of the stick here but hasn't there been several criticisms of our medical staff recently.

Have been saying it for some time now, I think our medical team has been going backwards for years.  Think Lowe missed about a season and a half with his foot injury.

WTF has been going on with Lenihan for the last four weeks?

MRI scans are pretty common place now.  The top orthopaedic surgeons rely on their chosen consultant radiologists to pinpoint the issue - for private work most will only use one or two of their most trusted colleagues.  Once the issue is identified, it's down to the skill of the surgeon.  Like any profession, there are good, bad and indifferent practitioners.  Are our medical team making the right referrals and/or is cost now an issue?  Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If you wanted a Samsung S8 but were quite happy to accept an S7, and then somebody bought you a crappy Chinese knock off, would you be happy?

Yes. I would think gratitude is in order if somebody bought me a mobile phone.

Furthermore, those Chinese 'knock-offs' can actually show up the bigwigs for what they are - a rip-off. Did you know, the iPhone8 is going to have an entry price of £800-£900. Where will it stop?

Cheap Chinese phones FTW.

Want a refund on Paul Downing though. He sounds gash. But give him a chance, could be like one of those knock-offs.

Archived