BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

I don't know if someone is doing a proper preview for this, please delete this if they are, just thought I'd get the discussion going...

Massive game and one we should be winning after Rochdale's poor start, they have played 5, won 0 (we know what that means don't we?), drawn 3, and lost 2, although they got a decent draw away at Southend with 10 men on Saturday. 

I would play:

Raya

Caddis Ward Mulgrew Williams

Chapman Smallwood Evans Conway

Bennett

Samuel

Dack in for Conway and Bennett pushed out wide if he's fit & Nuttall on the bench.

Should be a good turnout from Rovers fans, looking forward to it.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Raya

Caddis   Mulgrew Ward Williams

Evans Smalwood

Conway   Dack  Chapman

Samuel

We look to have real competition for the attacking midfield roles 

No place for yaya?

A win is needed because:

- the fans level of expectation is going to be pretty high and there will be a strong Rovers turn out. Rochdale average 3,500 in a 10,000 capacity stadium so the travelling fans might be as numerous as the home fans)

- being a game behind at such an early point in the season

- mentally picking up where we left off for the club and players. Having said that it must be a long time since we last won three league games on the trot.

In the context of a 46 game season, no way is this a must win or must not lose but in current circumstances, a win would be very welcome indeed. 

Just now, philipl said:

the fans level of expectation is going to be pretty high and there will be a strong Rovers turn out. Rochdale average 3,500 in a 10,000 capacity stadium so the travelling fans might be as numerous as the home fans)

They might get a few more on because they're playing us but it should be pretty close to an even split between home and away fans. I believe that over 2000 had been sold by last Friday so we should be pretty close to a sell out.

my team would be

Raya

Caddis Ward Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Evans

Bennett    Chapman  Conway

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler, Downing, Nyambe, Whittingham, Dack, Antonsson, Graham

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team would be

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Samuel

I'd be ok with that too. Think Conway will probably be the one to make way when Dack is fit though. The lack of Rovers youth in the side is saddening though. Downing and Antonsson keeping our lads out. Nuttall needs to be involved in the first team set up more.

This brings back memories.

We were on a great run in November/December 73. Rovers fans were on a high. Then Furphy went to Sheffield Utd. We were gutted.

A couple of days later, our victory away at Rochdale meant 10 points out of 10 ( only 2 points for a win back then)

Tony Field scored his 100th league goal right in front of us and somehow managed a 100 sign with his fingers. Anyone would have thought he had practised beforehand

Cue "Tony, Tony, Tony Field!" and "We don't need Furphy anymore!". Great days.

"We are the Blackburn Rovers, who all the authorities betray.

I say stuff your politicians and stuff your fckin' F.A."

Venky's Out

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team would be

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Samuel

Why would you play 4-2-3-1 when the only time we've got results in the league this season have been 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1?  

48 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why would you play 4-2-3-1 when the only time we've got results in the league this season have been 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1?  

for me, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1 is the same formation. Bennett and Conway can play discipline and defend well. Chapman in the hole behind Samuel would causes them problems and give a threat on the counter

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

for me, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1 is the same formation. Bennett and Conway can play discipline and defend well. Chapman in the hole behind Samuel would causes them problems and give a threat on the counter

It isn't because Mowbray plays the '3'narrow, leaving our full backs exposed. Two solid banks of four is what has been working for us.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It isn't because Mowbray plays the '3'narrow, leaving our full backs exposed. Two solid banks of four is what has been working for us.

and Bennett and Conway give us this solid, defensive cover and work rate.

Chapman and Samuel would be the key players for us

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

and Bennett and Conway give us this solid, defensive cover and work rate

Not if they are inside playing catch up all the time on their full backs. We got caught out a few times against MK Dons, including for the goal and that was with 'hard working' Conway not tracking his man.

Archived