SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I said that we should have played Fleetwood as practice for being without Mulgrew.

What about Evans?

I do hope our new keeper, the one on whose international status we got the Fleetwood postponement, is ok too.

:wacko::unsure::(

We certainly should have tried to fix up a serious practice match for Saturday afternoon. I don't know wether we did or not.

Looking forward to this one with a decent away following should make for a decent atmosphere.  Rochdale will be up for it of course but clearly will be under pressure due to ropey start so an early goal would make a huge difference, feel like say that every week!!  Henderson being out is a bonus for us, that Callum Camps seems to have disappeared too not sure if he's injured.  They seem to have struggled with not being able to replace a couple of decent players who left in the summer so far but have got a few in on loan.  Would be surprised to see Mowbray make too many changes unless forced to and hopefully stick with the 4-4-2 which worked well last time out.

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

Looking forward to this one with a decent away following should make for a decent atmosphere.  Rochdale will be up for it of course but clearly will be under pressure due to ropey start so an early goal would make a huge difference, feel like say that every week!!  Henderson being out is a bonus for us, that Callum Camps seems to have disappeared too not sure if he's injured.  They seem to have struggled with not being able to replace a couple of decent players who left in the summer so far but have got a few in on loan.  Would be surprised to see Mowbray make too many changes unless forced to and hopefully stick with the 4-4-2 which worked well last time out.

Camps has been quite poorly apparently. They sold Jamie Allen to Burton Albion last week and Matty Lund went there at the end of last season. All three decent young midfield players.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Camps has been quite poorly apparently. They sold Jamie Allen to Burton Albion last week and Matty Lund went there at the end of last season. All three decent young midfield players.

Ah right makes sense then.  They do seem to have gone away from how they were playing last season which was quite flowing from the clips I'd seen on 5.  They've brought a few in on loan maybe to compensate, hopefully we are playing them at a good time before they can bed in.

It used to work with away teams buying the tickets from the home team, then selling them on to their fans. Its why they ware often low end with their ticket allocation as they didnt want to get left with un sold tickets and be out of pocket.

So you buying a ticket porbably gives them nothing. But not bying a ticket could potentially leave them out of pocket :lol:

Despite missing our talisman Mulgrew, and warrior Lenihan, I predict us to take this one at a canter. Mowbray will have them fired up after a frustrating couple of weeks on the training ground - they'll come out of the traps like greyhounds.There's nobody to fear in this league - they should all be fearing us! 

Rochdale 1 Rovers 4

Good times just round the corner.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Despite missing our talisman Mulgrew, and warrior Lenihan, I predict us to take this one at a canter. Mowbray will have them fired up after a frustrating couple of weeks on the training ground - they'll come out of the traps like greyhounds.There's nobody to fear in this league - they should all be fearing us! 

Rochdale 1 Rovers 4

Oh God, please don't start saying things like this... :D 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rochdale 1 Rovers 4

I've literally put a monkey on that score. Just gonna relax, have a glass of red and wait for the cash to roll in. Bottoms up.

Who would you play in defence now? I think I would go with Caddis, Ward, Downing and Williams, with Wharton in for Downing if he's fit (I don't think he is). Pretty average League 1 backline imo, hopefully our above average attack will win the game for us.

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Who would you play in defence now? I think I would go with Caddis, Ward, Downing and Williams, with Wharton in for Downing if he's fit (I don't think he is). Pretty average League 1 backline imo, hopefully our above average attack will win the game for us.

Yep agree id blood Wharton with Ward for this (if Wharton is fit) - new guys on the bench. If not, guess it has to be Downing. Dont want to disrupt the back more than it already will be with Mulgrew out.

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15516308.Ticket_information__Rovers_have_sold_over_2_500_tickets_for_Saturday_s_trip_to_Rochdale/?ref=mac

Anyone still wanting to go you've got until 3pm tomorrow to get them online or by 3pm Friday at the shop. We got an initial allocation of 3322.

Anyone know about parking or best pub for away fans?

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rochdale 1 Rovers 4

Mercer? :unsure: 

Archived