BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crikey that sounds bizarre in the least.  Hadn't realised it was supposed to meningitis with Camps and sounds like a few others though not seen that confirmed anywhere.

Shame for them but the bottom line is with the amount of players out we need to be beating these without a shadow of doubt.

11 hours ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Bought an extra ticket today. Club shop said they'd just tipped over 3,000 mark with 300 left to go.

Looking forward to it!

RTID

Terrific effort once again. We had 1k at Southend and 2k at Bradford despite what has happened to our club which is a great reflection on the fans.

We are doing our bit - it's over to Mowbray and the team now.

1500 at Southend.

Tickets are selling well for Shrewsbury too, think we'll sell the 1500 allocation for that.

Obviously there's a bit of novelty factor - new grounds or places we haven't frequented since the 70s, but still, the backing on the road has been superb so far.

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

'Nowty 70's Rovers fans....come on,own up Jim mk 2....anyone any memories?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/208582/rochdale-v-blackburn-rovers/#25

You'll be hearing from m'learned friends shortly !

I was playing football that day - so not guilty.

On another note in that link look at our away results at the tail end of last season. We were so unlucky to go down. 

Where is Hoban now ? Thought he looked a decent player.

14/04/17 Nottingham Forest 0 Blackburn 1 (Hoban) 
22/04/17 Wolves 0 Blackburn 0 
07/05/17 Brentford 1 Blackburn 3 (Mulgrew, Guthrie, Conway) 

Only been to Spotland once - can't remember why I was there but it was a 0-0 with Wigan in the early 1980s.

Met Nobby Stiles after the game. Lovely bloke, happy to talk to anyone. Sadly I think he has dementia now. 

58 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Terrific effort once again. We had 1k at Southend and 2k at Bradford despite what has happened to our club which is a great reflection on the fans.

We are doing our bit - it's over to Mowbray and the team now.

Love and respect to fantastic Rovers fans. After all they have been through!

Gutted I can't go to this game.

• Moderation Lead

I went to Rochdale away in pre-season a few years back. I seem to recall us trailing for ages then Pedersen slotting in a 90th minute free-kick.

Biz from these boards had come up with the wonderful suggestion of getting the 464 bus from Accrington to Rochdale. It took an absolute eternity and we missed out on some valuable drinking time.

Good times......

Just now, K-Hod said:

I went to Rochdale away in pre-season a few years back. I seem to recall us trailing for ages then Pedersen slotting in a 90th minute free-kick.

Biz from these boards had come up with the wonderful suggestion of getting the 464 bus from Accrington to Rochdale. It took an absolute eternity and we missed out on some valuable drinking time.

Good times......

Great times indeed, watching DJ Campbell and the lads walk round in preaseason... the stop at Lidl in Rawtenstall on the way back was the saving grace.

Busses are just pure Burnley.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Biz said:

Great times indeed, watching DJ Campbell and the lads walk round in preaseason... the stop at Lidl in Rawtenstall on the way back was the saving grace.

Busses are just pure Burnley.

I think that was the only time I've ever been to Rochdale in my life as well. The pies and beer at the ground weren't too bad from memory. Though I was more portly then, so I would have thought that!

All the ingredients of a game that in recent seasons we would struggle massively in. Sizeable vocal away support, heavy favourites, they are winless and struggling with absentees, in theory we have a much stronger squad and are aiming for 3 league wins in a row which hasn't happened for a while, local derby which we have been woeful in away from home recently.

Will we follow the path of previous seasons and disappoint after a couple of good results or have we got what it takes to rise to the occasion, handle the pressure and expectation and deliver the requirement of 3 points? Winning 3,4,5,6 games on the bounce is essential if we are to target the top 2 positions so this is a big test of our credentials.

Has to be a Rovers' win - Mulgrew or no Mulgrew.

We have to consistently start making the extra bit of quality we have count.

Gone for Rovers' win at 31/20 (couldn't believe the odds available) and my 'fun' bet is a score of 4-1 @ 66/1.

Another good Rovers' following - enjoy the day, happy memories of Spotland in days gone by.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That would be a disaster after not playing last weekend  

Not really, whilst it would be a major disappointment, particularly for the travelling fans, blaming it for difficulties down the line or poor results is just excuse making.

For example, one way of looking at it is in the event tomorrow's game is called off, that gives us a day rest in advance of the Scunthorpe game on Tuesday (a game against a side likely to be in and around the play-offs this season). It also enables the likes of Mulgrew and Evans to have time off to recover following their international exploits.

Either way we have 46 games to fulfil and need to get points on the board when we do play. If we end up behind other teams on points but also on fixtures then that's life. We would then need to deal with those fixtures and get the points as and when they are played.

Whilst it is preferable to be out in the lead early doors with other teams trying to catch you with our squad and resources having to deal with postponements and play catch up on fixtures is a fact of life I'm afraid.

Just now, JHRover said:

Not really, whilst it would be a major disappointment, particularly for the travelling fans, blaming it for difficulties down the line or poor results is just excuse making.

For example, one way of looking at it is in the event tomorrow's game is called off, that gives us a day rest in advance of the Scunthorpe game on Tuesday (a game against a side likely to be in and around the play-offs this season). It also enables the likes of Mulgrew and Evans to have time off to recover following their international exploits.

Either way we have 46 games to fulfil and need to get points on the board when we do play. If we end up behind other teams on points but also on fixtures then that's life. We would then need to deal with those fixtures and get the points as and when they are played.

Whilst it is preferable to be out in the lead early doors with other teams trying to catch you with our squad and resources having to deal with postponements and play catch up on fixtures is a fact of life I'm afraid.

Disaster. 2 games behind everyone else. Momentum slowed again. 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

That's what I like to see -a glass half full :)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Disaster. 2 games behind everyone else. Momentum slowed again. 

Being 2 games behind other teams isn't a freak occurrence. It might be unusual so early in the season but plenty of clubs over the years have missed games due to international breaks and weather affected fixtures. It hasn't stopped clubs being successful.

There were occasions last season when Sheffield United missed games due to internationals, and countless frozen/waterlogged pitches.

The important thing is performing and getting the results when the games are played. We have an advantage over other clubs with our facilities and financial resources, which should overcome any perceived 'disadvantage' we are at by missing games.

As I've said, if tomorrow isn't played for whatever reason we are immediately at an advantage to Scunthorpe if they play because we will have a weekend off to rest and prepare, get Mulgrew and Dack fit and head there refreshed.

If we're good enough we will win games and go up. If we don't go up it is because the squad/manager haven't been good enough, not because of international breaks or bad weather.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Being 2 games behind other teams isn't a freak occurrence. It might be unusual so early in the season but plenty of clubs over the years have missed games due to international breaks and weather affected fixtures. It hasn't stopped clubs being successful.

There were occasions last season when Sheffield United missed games due to internationals, and countless frozen/waterlogged pitches.

The important thing is performing and getting the results when the games are played. We have an advantage over other clubs with our facilities and financial resources, which should overcome any perceived 'disadvantage' we are at by missing games.

As I've said, if tomorrow isn't played for whatever reason we are immediately at an advantage to Scunthorpe if they play because we will have a weekend off to rest and prepare, get Mulgrew and Dack fit and head there refreshed.

If we're good enough we will win games and go up. If we don't go up it is because the squad/manager haven't been good enough, not because of international breaks or bad weather.

What if after the next international break we are 3 games behind, then there is another game called off because of bad weather? On top of us being a number of games behind the leaders  because of international breaks, we can really do without our games being called off because of the weather. 

Plus I want us to have  a game this weekend :D

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That's a turn up for the books.

I put us in my accumulator for the first time in ages, I am on a run of about 5 failed accumulators because of Rovers letting me down. Hopefully it is a new dawn where I won't be living in fear of adding us anymore. 

I don't know about ye, but I have my friends texting me every weekend giving out that rovers let them down in their bets. I am like, I told ye not to do it... 

• Backroom

Nervous about every game as we are playing catch up and have little room for error.

Feels like the pressure is on but if we play to our best we should be more than a match for anyone, over to you Tony 

Archived