BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I put us in my accumulator for the first time in ages, I am on a run of about 5 failed accumulators because of Rovers letting me down. Hopefully it is a new dawn where I won't be living in fear of adding us anymore. 

I don't know about ye, but I have my friends texting me every weekend giving out that rovers let them down in their bets. I am like, I told ye not to do it... 

I never put Rovers or Burnley in my accumulators. I can't possibly be objective!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What if after the next international break we are 3 games behind, then there is another game called off because of bad weather? On top of us being a number of games behind the leaders  because of international breaks, we can really do without our games being called off because of the weather. 

Plus I want us to have  a game this weekend :D

I don't think that situation will ever develop because re-arranged games are supposed to be played at the earliest opportunity to avoid one or two clubs having masses of games in hand.

If we're miles behind the top 2 then it won't be because of games in hand or abandonments but because we haven't won enough.

Hopefully all theoretical and the game goes ahead no problems tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I never put Rovers or Burnley in my accumulators. I can't possibly be objective!

I have been let down by us so many times. One game in particular against Newcastle under Kean springs to mind, I don't remember the score, but I remember Modeste was playing. We should have won, but missed a load of chances. I had a 7 team accumulator including 3 draws, would have won around €2500 euros from a fiver. I was a hollow shell devoid of emotion for a few days afterwards. Also added to how much I despised Kean. I can't remember having a winning bet on us since. 

The same season I had a fiver on Yakubu to score 2 or more against Utd at 60/1 in the game we lost 3-2 I think. That was nice. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have been let down by us so many times. One game in particular against Newcastle under Kean springs to mind, I don't remember the score, but I remember Modeste was playing. We should have won, but missed a load of chances. I had a 7 team accumulator including 3 draws, would have won around €2500 euros from a fiver. I was a hollow shell devoid of emotion for a few days afterwards. Also added to how much I despised Kean. I can't remember having a winning bet on us since. 

The same season I had a fiver on Yakubu to score 2 or more against Utd at 60/1 in the game we lost 3-2 I think. That was nice. 

We won 3-2 and the Yak scored twice at old trafford and Hanley the other, the Yak was immense that day as was Samba

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/hill-blackburn_career/

Hill on his time at Rovers.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/preview-dale_blackburn_leagueone_080917/

Meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...and other info for the travelling hordes

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/hill-pre-blackburn_09.09.17/

Hill - Rovers resources are 'massive' and we should be Champions... he said whilst listening to John Lennon's 'Mind games'.

14 minutes ago, AAK said:

We won 3-2 and the Yak scored twice at old trafford and Hanley the other, the Yak was immense that day as was Samba

Aye wasn't it Sir Alex's 70th birthday or summat?

Kean somehow managed a win at OT and a point at Anfield over that festive period, and we never heard the bloody last of it.

7 hours ago, RV Blue said:

It is supposed to rain all night and tomorrow morning, any chance of this being called off?

Looking at the forecast, I think that a postponement is very likely actually. It's forecast to rain heavily pretty much non-stop between now and 3:00pm tomorrow and Rochdale had a home game against Port Vale postponed due to a water-logged pitch last season.

11 minutes ago, D-side17 said:

Looking at the forecast, I think that a postponement is very likely actually. It's forecast to rain heavily pretty much non-stop between now and 3:00pm tomorrow and Rochdale had a home game against Port Vale postponed due to a water-logged pitch last season.

Little Wincy Willis 

Hope the travelling fans have a great day and Mowbray and the boys put Rochdale to the sword as they should. No fannying around, go for the throat from the off and frighten the opposition to death. Let them worry about us.

WE Are The Rovers!!

4-0 Rovers.

Just tried to pick a team and here it is.

4-4-2

Raya; Caddis, Ward, Mulgrew, Williams; Chapman, Smallwood, Evans, Conway; Samuel, Nuttall

Subs: Canada GK; Downing, Bennett, Dack, Harper, Hart, Graham

Subs to be used should be Bennett, Dack, Graham but, if injury forces it, Downing and/or Hart.

Just now, bazza said:

Just tried to pick a team and here it is.

4-4-2

Raya; Caddis, Ward, Mulgrew, Williams; Chapman, Smallwood, Evans, Conway; Samuel, Nuttall

Subs: Canada GK; Downing, Bennett, Dack, Harper, Hart, Graham

Subs to be used should be Bennett, Dack, Graham but, if injury forces it, Downing and/or Hart.

Hope Mulgrew is fit. Can't see him staring Nuttall but would love it if he did. 

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Judging by Samuel's Instagram videos of Dack diving about the place, the kid is definitely fit. I don't think he's mentally right though, looks an absolute fruit loop. Gazza esque. 

Saw from Harry chapman's instagram that he was lodging with Danny Graham and Richie Smallwood. Richie was doin the cooking and Graham was thrown on the couch. Why am I not surprised ???

Archived