BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Another very good following that will only increase in numbers if we are near the top and doing well as the season progresses.To see the thousands supporting the players should be motivation enough for them to win.

Three on the bounce and a winning mentality please Tony.:brfc:

Feck Venkys, I wish I could be there.

COYB! WE Are The Rovers!!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I will be amazed if this game is on.  Bloody weather.  Gutted if its off, really looking forward to it.  COYB

Rochdale AFC official twitter making no noises about any postponement and tweeting about Ticket office open at 9 am etc ..?

On 06/09/2017 at 12:30, Boz said:

Barker, Sellars & Garner during the summer would come and join us down at Witton Park Astroturf  for a friendly match, different times. Garner's speed of thought and short back lift was awesome, with the ball in the back of our net before I could blink! 

I watched HG while he was at rovers ,

I am 6 miles North of Rochdale , we had a couple of heavy showers overnight ,dry for 4.00am until 8.15  , we have just had a light shower for a few mins and showers are forecast for mid afternoon...I suppose it depends on how heavy they are and if they merge for longer spells of rain, saying that the sun is now out ,but for how long who knows, the ground is still hard were am in my garden, it is still only September ,it's not like mid winter where we have long spells of rain that don't give the ground time to soak up... (i have a trail cam in my garden if any one wonders how i know what the weather as been like )

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

If they cant get the game on in the first week in Sept theyre in for a lot of postponements later in the season !

I agree, but maybe they won't want to cut up their picth so early in the season? The weather has been awful in the Blackburn area but sounds like it's little better over in Rochdale.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I agree, but maybe they won't want to cut up their picth so early in the season? The weather has been awful in the Blackburn area but sounds like it's little better over in Rochdale.

There used to be concern regarding the Rugby League team also playing on the pitch but the home Rugby League season is over for Hornets now.

16 minutes ago, den9112 said:

I am 6 miles North of Rochdale , we had a couple of heavy showers overnight ,dry for 4.00am until 8.15  , we have just had a light shower for a few mins and showers are forecast for mid afternoon...I suppose it depends on how heavy they are and if they merge for longer spells of rain, saying that the sun is now out ,but for how long who knows, the ground is still hard were am in my garden, it is still only September ,it's not like mid winter where we have long spells of rain that don't give the ground time to soak up... (i have a trail cam in my garden if any one wonders how i know what the weather as been like )

It's been a mixture of steady rain and very heavy showers in the Ribble Valley. Garden absolutely sodden.  Hopefully keeps away from Rochdale!  Do thry have drainage/heating etc at all grounds these days?

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Rochdale would pull out all the stops to play the game today. Potentially 3,300 away fans spending money on admission, programmes, food and I would hazard a guess that the hospitality areas will be full.

Personally I don't envisage any problems. Normally early pitch inspections are carried out early when the visiting supporters are travelling a long distance. The latest forecast is in the few hours before the match being dry.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcw2ymd6s

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Stopped raining now.

I really hope it's on. I'm taking my grandson for the first time. He's been looking forward to it all week. His dad had booked a trip down South before the fixtures came out. He's spitting feathers to be missing the game.

Accy Stanley tweeted on the Carlise FC twitter "its raining a little so bring your ☔️" ...if Stanley think their game is  on the Rochdale game will most certainly  be on !!

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Stopped raining now.

I really hope it's on. I'm taking my grandson for the first time. He's been looking forward to it all week. His dad had booked a trip down South before the fixtures came out. He's spitting feathers to be missing the game.

Hope you both a have a great day out.  I'll be viewing houses:( A match report on here later will be much appreciated:rover:

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Have you seen Rochdale's pitch this morning?

It might be perfectly fine.

I haven't. Doesn't mean that a postponement isn't on the cards though, especially if it has been raining there like it has here... I wouldn't have thought they'd have the best drainage facilities either.

Archived