BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on philip, no Club has a divine right to be in the Premier League and we certainly wouldnt have been had the Walker Trust remained in charge having cut off all funding from the Club.

If they'd sold to more clued up owners than the Rao's we MIGHT still be dining at the top table but that's as strong as you can put it I'd say.

As it is the PL has developed over the last 2 seasons into a 2 tier League whereby the top 7 scrap it out for honours and the other 13 face a desperate battle for survival every season before a ball is kicked. Far more so even than when we were in it imo. 

Rev , with the vast increases in money coming into the game since 2010 I think the Walker Trust might have had a change of mind if only they had held on for a couple of more years.

Feeling optimistic about today - which is usually a bad sign.

Rovers 2-0

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Rev , with the vast increases in money coming into the game since 2010 I think the Walker Trust might have had a change of mind if only they had held on for a couple of more years.

Without question,they would have been £££££s In!

I see Ross Walker has put his Rockets Motorbike businesses up for sale btw.

UP 'T ROVERS!

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Feeling optimistic about today - which is usually a bad sign.

Rovers 2-0

personally I am glad the Walker trust sold us. It is just, who to that I don't like. Just about to set off from Warton. It's sunny here, do you think I will need a coat? 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Without question,they would have been £££££s In!

I see Ross Walker has put his Rockets Motorbike businesses up for sale btw.

UP 'T ROVERS!

I've been told (and this may not be strictly accurate) Ross has to move to Monaco for tax reasons but has managed to negotiate a deal with the taxman giving him a bit of leeway before he has to do so.

Richard and Linda Matthewman have also recently sold up and moved to Monaco I understand.

I think its highly doubtful that given the family apart from the Matthewman's have little or no interest in Rovers, that much of the increased revenue would have found it's way into Rovers' coffers but we'll never know.

Apologies for diverting the thread off topic.

24 minutes ago, Scutdog said:

Mentioned it earlier but got a hut selling beers at Rammy Station for any Rovers fans passing through Rammy. Plenty of shelter from the rain on the platform (although rain has just stopped!) 

Open now for any early starters! 

Did you shift them tickets mate?

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

personally I am glad the Walker trust sold us. It is just, who to that I don't like. Just about to set off from Warton. It's sunny here, do you think I will need a coat? 

No but you might need a tin hat.

Made the trip from Spain safely, so glad it sounds like the game is on. Fist game for a long time for me and looking forward to it. Also going with some top lads, so looking forward to a social too. Hope we put on a show and take all three points. COYB

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

when you get to the chorus sing:-

' ba de ya we've got Richie Smallwood, ba de ya he's the king of ewood, he never gives the ball away'

Top! It's about time we came up with something original. Our songs have been pretty pants over recent years.

Now we just need one for Charlie - Celtic used to sing one to 'dirty old town' but the words don't really fit for us.

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

Top! It's about time we came up with something original. Our songs have been pretty pants over recent years.

Now we just need one for Charlie - Celtic used to sing one to 'dirty old town' but the words don't really fit for us.

"I'll walk a million miles for one of your goals oh Charlie........"

1 hour ago, Scutdog said:

Still got them - can pick up from Rammy Station if you want them 

If you've still got them I'll take the adult one of your hands, I can be at the station at 2pm

Just setting off .....

I've been painting the front bedroom. At one time it got so dark I had to put the lights on so I could see ! Anyway it's stopped raining now and the sun is fighting it's way out. I can't see us not playing but the pitch will be slick. Will that help us or hinder us ?  Every game in this league is going to be a battle and today is no different. You've got to fight for the right to play your football.

I'll do my best with the after match report.

I don't see it being called off. There have been a couple of dozen grassroots games played this morning on the @#/? pitches the council deem fit to charge money for.

A professional club calling it off today would be pretty tin pot.

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

September has been doing the rounds at other clubs previously but its original for us.

Archived