BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

52 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In that case signing a defender who can't make the starting 11 for mk dons a team expected to finish well Below us is a bad signing going off your logic.

Like I said Harper making his premier debut could have been Pulis making a point to the money men at West Brom that signings needed to be brought in.If he was up to playing premier league football he wouldn't have been sent out on loan would he?And they most certainly would have been tieing him down to a longer deal than two years

Firstly Downing is only 25 and prior to joining MK dons he was a mainstay for Walsall who performing well in this division. You are just using the one game where we played MK dons as a reference for the guys entire career. 

As for Harper, your post is all speculation. His deal at West brom could have any number of clauses you aren't aware of. Your point on Pulis just playing him making a point is downright silly and actually insulting to one of the most solid and respected #Premier league managers. You just can't seem to admit that a 17 year old appearing in the Premier league would suggest that the guy is good. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He came on the board the minute the match finished and was trying to act all high and mighty about being proven right on the back of one game against a poor Rochdale side.

Like I said any genuine Rovers fan will hope the new signings do well.But nobody can massage over the facts,Downing couldn't break into the Mk dons side,Antonnson has done nothing in the English game and Harper is a 17 year old kid with a few minutes senior experience behind him and we have our own talented youngsters that are contracted to the club.

Do you expect fans to accept every signing made and to say they are brilliant?

I don't care about proven right. I don't know any of you,so why would I care? 

My point, which you keep missing ,and actually ironically proving, is manipulating stats from Wikipdia to make the case a player isn't good enough, without actually seeing them play. 

On your middle paragraph, Downing is a proven,solid League 1 centre half. Antonsson was a revelation in Sweden. Harper has played in the Premier league at 17, what an achievement. 

We can all use stats to make a case without actually seeing the player actually play 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Firstly Downing is only 25 and prior to joining MK dons he was a mainstay for Walsall who performing well in this division. You are just using the one game where we played MK dons as a reference for the guys entire career. 

As for Harper, your post is all speculation. His deal at West brom could have any number of clauses you aren't aware of. Your point on Pulis just playing him making a point is downright silly and actually insulting to one of the most solid and respected #Premier league managers. You just can't seem to admit that a 17 year old appearing in the Premier league would suggest that the guy is good. 

And by that logic, Downing is a horrible signing because he couldn't get near the MK Dons team.

Just now, RV Blue said:

And by that logic, Downing is a horrible signing because he couldn't get near the MK Dons team.

~You mean for the one game where we played them? You are using a wide reference point there...By your logic the lads who scored for Southend against us are superstars. They scored against us so they must be amazing, Downing didnt play so must be terrible

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Henley played in the Prem when he was 17. It isn't proof of anything. You're just speculating based on a player you haven't seen which, in a curious twist of fate, you are all over the board accusing others of doing. Anyway, stop being negative, some of us are trying to revel in an almost unheard of 3 match winning run:)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Henley played in the Prem when he was 17. It isn't proof of anything. You're just speculating based on a player you haven't seen which, in a curious twist of fate, you are all over the board accusing others of doing. Anyway, stop being negative, some of us are trying to revel in an almost unheard of 3 match winning run:)

Henley looked to have potential. Some players just don't fulfill it. Making a debut at 17 means you have something about you

I saw the West Brom game where he came on :)

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They're not avoiding paying taxes altogether, they're legally reducing the amount they are required to pay in tax. They still contribute massive amounts in tax even at a reduced rate.

They're avoid paying their fair share - doesn't matter whether it's legal of not.

The fact they move abroad to so says volumes about them. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Until I see evidence that harper is good I won't say it.Il tell you what is silly,you saying harper would be a brilliant permanent signing on the back of a few minutes senior football.Anyway on Harper I never said he was a bad player...fact is i don't know and I'd be surprised if anyone who posts on here knows.My issue with his signing is we have our we contracted youngsters and unless Harper makes a significant contribution then his signing will have been a complete waste of time.

A mainstay in the Walsall side wow and it isn't on the back of him being sub against us he wasn't a regular for mk dons.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't care about proven right. I don't know any of you,so why would I care? 

My point, which you keep missing ,and actually ironically proving, is manipulating stats from Wikipdia to make the case a player isn't good enough, without actually seeing them play. 

On your middle paragraph, Downing is a proven,solid League 1 centre half. Antonsson was a revelation in Sweden. Harper has played in the Premier league at 17, what an achievement. 

We can all use stats to make a case without actually seeing the player actually play 

If you don't care why come on here the minute the whistle was blown and make the post you did?

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Good to see and will probably increase in numbers if we continue to improve.Wigan away could see us take 5k.

Feels good when matters are going well for a change!

Only problem being we've got all the local games (bar Fleetwood) bunched together up to mid November, so folk may be a bit choosy.

We'll take plenty to Oldham and Bury, but Wigan is a ground we've been to many times recently, so may see a smaller following there.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

~You mean for the one game where we played them? You are using a wide reference point there...By your logic the lads who scored for Southend against us are superstars. They scored against us so they must be amazing, Downing didnt play so must be terrible

And you are saying that Harper is a good signing because he played one game in the Prem, can you honestly not see the contradiction in your argument?

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I saw him play I told you

What I have a major issue with is those saying Downing isn't good enough because he is an MK dons reserve, Completely ignoring his career with Walsall IN THE DIVISION WE ARE IN

Downing was a last minute signing by Mowbray,he wasn't his first choice and been suggested on here that he wasn't even his second Bigdogg.I'm sure if Mowbray wanted he could have even brought him on a permanent deal the fact he didn't suggests that even Mowbray isn't that sold on him

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Downing was a last minute signing by Mowbray,he wasn't his first choice and been suggested on here that he wasn't even his second Bigdogg.I'm sure if Mowbray wanted he could have even brought him on a permanent deal the fact he didn't suggests that even Mowbray isn't that sold on him

Just heard TM on the radio said he was happy with Downing debut but also said we didnt have the most athletic back four but positionally we got it right. 

Doesnt sound like its going to be his first choice back four.

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Just heard TM on the radio said he was happy with Downing debut but also said we didnt have the most athletic back four but positionally we got it right. 

Doesnt sound like its going to be his first choice back four.

Well there are Messrs Lenihan and Mulgrew to return at some point

45 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

And you are saying that Harper is a good signing because he played one game in the Prem, can you honestly not see the contradiction in your argument?

The guy is 17, one game in the Premier league is a good start. I can't say anymore, because as of now that is the total amount of games he has played in the premier league. 

You say Downing isnt good because he was sub IN THE ONE GAME WHEN WE PLAYED MK DONS, yet you ignore all the rest of his career

Do you understand the difference? 

56 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I saw him play I told you

What I have a major issue with is those saying Downing isn't good enough because he is an MK dons reserve, Completely ignoring his career with Walsall IN THE DIVISION WE ARE IN

A 'major issue'? I hope for your sake that's just hyperbole Bigdogg! 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The guy is 17, one game in the Premier league is a good start. I can't say anymore, because as of now that is the total amount of games he has played in the premier league. 

You say Downing isnt good because he was sub IN THE ONE GAME WHEN WE PLAYED MK DONS, yet you ignore all the rest of his career

Do you understand the difference? 

Read back what I said. I never said that Downing was a poor signing, I said that if you judge Harper because he's played 20 mins in the Prem, you could quite easily judge Downing because he couldn't get in a poor MK Dons side. You seem to have a habit of completely missing the point of an argument.

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Good to see and will probably increase in numbers if we continue to improve.Wigan away could see us take 5k.

Feels good when matters are going well for a change!

The passion of the great game. I wasn't saying that this time last year.

Spoke to a Rochdale fan before game who said how pleased he was to see a former premier champions team playing at Dale's ground.

Archived