SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hate this attitude. Why do you even follow the club if you can't enjoy it when we are doing well? 

You strike me as someone who even if we got back to the Premiership, would still be bitter. 

Well first of all we're not doing well , we're in the 3rd division, but I'll quickly humour you.

Me and Rev go along way back, cut either of us open and we bleed blue and white, but we see things in different ways, nowt wrong with that.

The reason I follow the club, because you asked - I was born and bred a Blackburn Rover - my family have a presence on the terraces since day 1, and no matter how much sh1t we have to put up with nothing can ever change that.

So that's my story, I enjoyed the Rochdale win, but the elephant remains in the room and until the sod off I'll not be ignoring the fact.

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

Genuine mistake if they didn't. Man City, Norwich, Southampton.. there are a few that've been at this level and come back from it.

All those 'big clubs' that ended up at this level but have since recovered treated League One as a watershed moment. It was the nadir. Wake up call. Realisation that things had to change. In the cases of Soton, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday - all were going through financial strife and changed ownership around the time they went down. In the cases of Norwich and Man City they didn't change ownership but swiftly made some sensible decisions which reaped rewards and took them quickly not just back to the Championship but also to the Premier League.

We didn't end up here due to financial strife. We ended up here due to poor management and decision making. Not just once but countless times.

There's absolutely no reason to think relegation has even been brought to the attention of our owners, never mind they're doing anything different because of it.

Meeting Mowbray isn't unchartered territory - they did it with Kean and Bowyer regularly - and that got us nowhere. Allowing him to keep his better players is good - for the time being - but becomes meaningless if they decide to cash in in January or next summer and dismantle the squad again. There's been no change whatsoever to the decision making process or structure of the club. Ironically whether you are a fan of Directors of Football or not or were won over by Senior or not, their decision to bring in a D of F and head coach structure was arguably one of the more sensible decisions they have made in their time at the helm.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No Gav I cant tolerate an attitude whereby people are unhappy when we're doing well. And yes I know its far too premature to say that after a couple of wins we're "doing well" but that might continue. You never know!

You can't tolerate that people are unhappy, when we are doing well!

Surely, it isn't too big a leap to understand what people are really unhappy about.

Like most on here,I am delighted with the current run. I do have a slight discomfort that my very happiness with 3 wins ( in the Third Division) might actually be a symptom of managed decline.LOL

Doesn't stop me enjoying a winning run, though, I confess....

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

You can't tolerate that people are unhappy, when we are doing well!

Surely, it isn't too big a leap to understand what people are really unhappy about.

Like most on here,I am delighted with the current run. I do have a slight discomfort that my very happiness with 3 wins ( in the Third Division) might actually be a symptom of managed decline.LOL

Doesn't stop me enjoying a winning run, though, I confess....

Obviously I understand why people are unhappy abour where we are but unfortunately you cant snap your fingers and instantly  put us back to where we started from overnight whether it be under Venky's or different owners.

Glad you're enjoying the winning run. Think we might have won three consecutive games once only under Bowyer. Have no clue at all when we last won four consecutive League games, I suspect that's one for the stattos.

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well first of all we're not doing well , we're in the 3rd division, but I'll quickly humour you.

Me and Rev go along way back, cut either of us open and we bleed blue and white, but we see things in different ways, nowt wrong with that.

The reason I follow the club, because you asked - I was born and bred a Blackburn Rover - my family have a presence on the terraces since day 1, and no matter how much sh1t we have to put up with nothing can ever change that.

So that's my story, I enjoyed the Rochdale win, but the elephant remains in the room and until the sod off I'll not be ignoring the fact.

No, I do get the idea of what your saying. I just think its terrible that some loyal fans feel like that. 

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

This nails it for me.

Your comment about going back a long way and both bleeding blue and white is crucial, I feel.

Vigorous argument occurs only between those, who care, but a split fanbase is one of the more dangerous consequences of this Venky infestation...

Could a season of Saturday triumphs at places like Rochdale and a second Third Division title act as a kind of exorcism?

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All those 'big clubs' that ended up at this level but have since recovered treated League One as a watershed moment. It was the nadir. Wake up call. Realisation that things had to change. In the cases of Soton, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday - all were going through financial strife and changed ownership around the time they went down. In the cases of Norwich and Man City they didn't change ownership but swiftly made some sensible decisions which reaped rewards and took them quickly not just back to the Championship but also to the Premier League.

We didn't end up here due to financial strife. We ended up here due to poor management and decision making. Not just once but countless times.

There's absolutely no reason to think relegation has even been brought to the attention of our owners, never mind they're doing anything different because of it.

Meeting Mowbray isn't unchartered territory - they did it with Kean and Bowyer regularly - and that got us nowhere. Allowing him to keep his better players is good - for the time being - but becomes meaningless if they decide to cash in in January or next summer and dismantle the squad again. There's been no change whatsoever to the decision making process or structure of the club. Ironically whether you are a fan of Directors of Football or not or were won over by Senior or not, their decision to bring in a D of F and head coach structure was arguably one of the more sensible decisions they have made in their time at the helm.

Ah JHR - I know why we ended up in this position, like you I'm in the unenviable position of being a rovers fan...

I also think some serious research would find the rationale for those other clubs demise is more complex than simply being "financial". A plethora of bad decisions tend to be the root cause, poor choice of manager, poor usage of funds et al. Venkys aren't the first and the won't be the last poor owners in football.

I agree on the D of F thing funnily enough, I did think Senior was a step in a better direction. I guess the key point goes back to Rev - by declaring that "we will never succeed" under Venkys, we are potentially leaving ourselves in a pickle if they do eventually retrieve some element of success...

Not that I or others believe this will be likely. The point I made remains though, perhaps we are more likely to see their backs if they can regain some cash or "pride"? I.e. More support and less "NAPM" might be the way to get rid long term?

I also think that the "positive" or "thick and thin" stoic mentality of the fan base is more of an advert to new investment, as opposed to empty stands and/or protests. That's not to say I don't fully accept and understand some individuals decisions to stop either - I just have a different viewpoint on the potential for redemption.

Just now, Gav said:

So back to Rochdale - What tremendous support, almost brought a tear to my eye watching the video posted. 

I salute everyone of you, you're a credit to the club :tu:

I know if I had millions to invest in a club that was on its arse, those pictures would arose my interest!

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Watched live and I muse say we never looked like losing that game, although at times our attacking play is predictable and slow we showed glimpses of some really nice football. Really enjoyed the game and I think samuel is becoming a good player for us 

Samuel would be the first name on the team sheet tomorrow for me if Charlie isn't fit.   Graham and Antonsson up front away at Scunthorpe is asking for trouble. We need somebody to work their back four and let them know they're in a game. Dack seems to fancy himself when it come to getting stuck into defenders, I'd have him playing behind Samuel.

i think what grates with a lot of people on a specific MATCH thread is that it deviates from just that.

Yes ..we all know about the damage Venkys have done and will continue to do no doubt, but a match thread should just be about that.The match.Good result bad result the comments should be on performance.We all know the bigger picture,its not as if fans are being blinkered by just commenting on the performance,its just that ..a view of 90 mins of football.

We ve enough threads to discuss the tw@ts from India...and discuss them we will .but it would be great if we could just now n again  comment on the actually game without bringing in to the discussion the politics behind the situation we re in.

7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

i think what grates with a lot of people on a specific MATCH thread is that it deviates from just that.

Yes ..we all know about the damage Venkys have done and will continue to do no doubt, but a match thread should just be about that.The match.Good result bad result the comments should be on performance.We all know the bigger picture,its not as if fans are being blinkered by just commenting on the performance,its just that ..a view of 90 mins of football.

We ve enough threads to discuss the tw@ts from India...and discuss them we will .but it would be great if we could just now n again  comment on the actually game without bringing in to the discussion the politics behind the situation we re in.

Just like your own post LOL

On 10/09/2017 at 13:11, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Good to see and will probably increase in numbers if we continue to improve.Wigan away could see us take 5k.

Feels good when matters are going well for a change!

Wonder what the allocation at Blackpool is now that they have a predominantly empty ground? Can't be the previous 2500 surely.

10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

ha probably postponed ..International weekend ..midweek qame ..2500 will suffice .

I thought we had deduced that, as we would only have 2 players absent from the squad, the game would have to go ahead.

May have missed someone confirming otherwise

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Canada have a game too, so will be 3 call ups, no?

I couldn't see any fixtures listed for Canada on any websites, only results, so presumed they hadn't.

You're right though. They play El Salvador.

Archived