SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

TBH - nobody can predict what our owners will do next.

Will it stay that way - who knows - and that is the only thing you can predict about our owners - whatever you predict they will do, they often do the opposite.

In that case we will win the Premiership again, soon.

• Backroom
16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pedersen actually made his debut against Man Utd at home in a 1-1 draw. I remember it well because about 5 minutes from the end of a game were he had done the square root of nothing a gilt edged chance fell to him right in front of goal. I thought " Make a name for yourself here son "  -  as far as I know they're still looking for the ball. He ballooned a great shooting chance miles over the bar.

Having chased the player for weeks and emptied the Trust piggy bank to sign him I was really disappointed in what I saw. He looked like an amateur player in a professional game.

I can understand you thinking he made his debut at Newcastle because he was completely anonymous against Utd.

I remember he did a really random keepy-uppy by the touchline, followed by an overhead kick which just looked out of place! Just head the ball out ffs.

20 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Leaving a few short term results either way aside, what about if we enjoy some proper success like promotion or even hypothetically eventually promotion to the PL?

I'm not sure either of those will happen any time soon. If Venky's want to recoup losses and listen to poor short termist advice then, any time we get near success, they'll be tempted to sell whoever they get an offer for. If they've genuinely mended their ways and actually do allow us to succeed then I'd have to be happy. I just don't see it happening and it's certainly not happening now

27 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I'm not sure either of those will happen any time soon. If Venky's want to recoup losses and listen to poor short termist advice then, any time we get near success, they'll be tempted to sell whoever they get an offer for. If they've genuinely mended their ways and actually do allow us to succeed then I'd have to be happy. I just don't see it happening and it's certainly not happening now

Hmmmm. May have been a one off fluke but this summer they did meet up with Mowbray, retain his services, discuss his plans with him and give him funding for the targets he was after for this level. Then resist offers for the few players who attracted interest.

I know what you mean though. You still half expect that if we went unbeaten for the next 20 games and were top of the table they'd sack the manager out of the blue.

Cant worry too much about that though. Whilst things seem to be operating with a semblance of normality I say bring it on.

14 hours ago, Hasta said:

I couldn't see any fixtures listed for Canada on any websites, only results, so presumed they hadn't.

You're right though. They play El Salvador.

Yeah there was a Canada based poster who confirmed they were lining up or had already done so a friendly but hadn't announced so you'd expect given how key Mulgrew & Evans are to their respective countries it's likely to be rearranged.  

Think I saw over the weekend that, that Canada friendly had been confirmed against El Salvador now as it's being played in Houston with a portion of the procedings going to the Hurricane Harvey relief fund.

Suppose it depends if Mulgrew is fit by the time the October games come around weather it will be called off or not.

I love we are winning and will be singing in the street if we get promoted. If we get back to the premier league I will be delerious with happiness. Until we are an established mid table premier league team I won't even wipe the slate clean for the scum that own us.

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would forgive if we got back to the Premiership. It would be so brilliant that I wouldn't waste my time and energy holding a grudge. I would just focus on us being back where we belong. 

I think sorting the debt out and Rovers ever getting back in the Premiership are mutually exclusive. 

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:47, Speedie Dived said:

Have to hold my hands up and i know we are in a lower league. But Smallwood is better than Lowe and is just want we needed. Love the bloke

That's a big statement from you SD, fair play :rover:

Looking at some comments from Brum fans it seems our Jase isn't going down a storm there just yet.

Just now, tomphil said:

That's a big statement from you SP, fair play :rover:

Looking at some comments from Brum fans it seems our Jase isn't going down a storm there just yet.

Had to chuckle when I heard he'd had a goal disallowed for offside for Brum on Saturday. 1 goal from midfield in nearly 200 appearances, moves club, puts the ball in the net for the first time in years and its offside.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Had to chuckle when I heard he'd had a goal disallowed for offside for Brum on Saturday. 1 goal from midfield in nearly 200 appearances, moves club, puts the ball in the net for the first time in years and its offside.

Can't have been him offside surely ?   Jason Lowe and penalty box aren't two things you'd ever associate with one another :lol:

Archived