SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Commondore said:

So Ward and Downing in central defense then. The rest of the team should be unchanged from the MK Dons game, no need to mess around after a 4-1 win. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15516730.Injury_suffered_on_international_duty_by_Rovers_skipper_Charlie_Mulgrew_not_as_bad_as_first_feared/?ref=rss

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

@Tyrone Shoelacesis probably the best person to ask. Think he's a native.

I don't know much about car parking as I always walk to the ground, one of the advantages of being a " native ". Older Hill school which is very close to the ground has a huge car park, wether that gets used or not I don't know. There are quite a few pubs quite close by on Bury Rd, The Cemetery being the nearest to the ground. What their attitude to away fans is I don't know. The Weatherspoon's ( The Regal Moon  ) in the centre of town is good as is " The Baum " and " The Flying Horse "

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know much about car parking as I always walk to the ground, one of the advantages of being a " native ". Older Hill school which is very close to the ground has a huge car park, wether that gets used or not I don't know. There are quite a few pubs quite close by on Bury Rd, The Cemetary being the nearest to the ground. What their attitude to away fans is I don't know. The Weatherspoon's ( The Regal Moon  ) in the centre of town is good as is " The Baum " and " The Flying Horse "

That brings back memories. Once spent a New Years Eve (?) in there around 1992-ish. Lisa Stansfield was in there too. I went up to her and said 'I think you've found your baby'. She told me to do one. She probably regrets it now:)

9 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

It used to work with away teams buying the tickets from the home team, then selling them on to their fans. Its why they ware often low end with their ticket allocation as they didnt want to get left with un sold tickets and be out of pocket.

So you buying a ticket porbably gives them nothing. But not bying a ticket could potentially leave them out of pocket :lol:

Haha! Interesting...

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Yep agree id blood Wharton with Ward for this (if Wharton is fit) - new guys on the bench. If not, guess it has to be Downing. Dont want to disrupt the back more than it already will be with Mulgrew out.

There's a chance he could be involved.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15516730.Injury_suffered_on_international_duty_by_Rovers_skipper_Charlie_Mulgrew_not_as_bad_as_first_feared/?ref=mac

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know much about car parking as I always walk to the ground, one of the advantages of being a " native ". Older Hill school which is very close to the ground has a huge car park, wether that gets used or not I don't know. There are quite a few pubs quite close by on Bury Rd, The Cemetery being the nearest to the ground. What their attitude to away fans is I don't know. The Weatherspoon's ( The Regal Moon  ) in the centre of town is good as is " The Baum " and " The Flying Horse "

Thanks for car parking advice.

Any good chinese restuarants in the area? Otherwise it Buffet City in Manchester for me and missus

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Well the first four names are a given for me, Mulgrew, Smallwood, Chapman and Samuel . Then build around that.

Raya

Nyambe Ward Mulgrew Williams

---Smallwood-Harper----

Bennett---Dack---Chapman

------------Samuel--------

Why are you starting Harper?Have you ever seen him play?

4 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Rochdale is my second club, mainly due to my nephew who played for them after leaving Rovers, parking is mainly street parking and normally it's not too bad , as for food and drink the Cemetry is the better option ...

It's usually dead in there though.

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

Rochdale is my second club, mainly due to my nephew who played for them after leaving Rovers, parking is mainly street parking and normally it's not too bad , as for food and drink the Cemetry is the better option ...

It would be a grave mistake to eat or dink in there

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

That brings back memories. Once spent a New Years Eve (?) in there around 1992-ish. Lisa Stansfield was in there too. I went up to her and said 'I think you've found your baby'. She told me to do one. She probably regrets it now:)

She's in " The Baum " in the town centre most days. I remember walking in to the Weatherspoons once and she was sat with her husband eating dinner. No airs or graces there or great " I am's ". Her husband's a really nice guy.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for car parking advice.

Any good chinese restuarants in the area? Otherwise it Buffet City in Manchester for me and missus

There used to be a big one in the town centre. Does " International Cuisine " now. That means there's food from all over the World including Chinese. You serve yourself, eat as much as you want. It's off School Lane. If you need to know I'll find out the name.

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There used to be a big one in the town centre. Does " International Cuisine " now. That means there's food from all over the World including Chinese. You serve yourself, eat as much as you want. It's off School Lane. If you need to know I'll find out the name.

No thats fine thanks. I will goggle it but thankyou for your help

Archived