SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mulgrew injured and subbed

Mercer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

If that's the same Dan Burn who was with Fulham - no thanks.  Always got a chasing when he turned out for them against us.  Much rather give Matty Platt a chance.

What's your personal opinion on mulgrew being fit and you could play either Wharton or Platt alongside him. Which would you choose ? I like them both but from what I've seen wharton is the better or the two. 

15 hours ago, islander200 said:

Seriously the club can do no wrong in your eyes.

Last year you where banging on saying Coyle should stay as there where no better options.If anyone said Coyle out you would question it and ask them "well who would you bring in then".

Seriously it isn't the fans job to identify and bring players in.Mowbray did say that anyone brought into the football club would have to be the right quality and be able to challenge the players we have.If there is no money then fair enough,fans can deal with that if Mowbray or the club came out and said it.Bit if we did actually bid for Heneghan then we could have got better than an mk dons reserve.

Of course the club can do wrong, has done wrong would be more apt, plenty of wrong. How could anyone deny that? I just get sick of people banging on about the same stuff as 7 years ago, coming up with wild conspiracies and criticizing players having never seen them actually play football. 

As for Coyle, saying that I was afraid that they would appoint someone worse A-knocks your first point out of the park and B-was pretty reasonable considering they appointed that spoofer instead of Warnock the previous summer

Anyway, great news about Mulgrew. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of course the club can do wrong, has done wrong would be more apt, plenty of wrong. How could anyone deny that? I just get sick of people banging on about the same stuff as 7 years ago, coming up with wild conspiracies and criticizing players having never seen them actually play football. 

As for Coyle, saying that I was afraid that they would appoint someone worse A-knocks your first point out of the park and B-was pretty reasonable considering they appointed that spoofer instead of Warnock the previous summer

Anyway, great news about Mulgrew. 

You couldn't have got worse than Coyle

Would anyone else, rather see Mulgrew sit out this weekend? It strikes me as us maybe rushing him to be fit for Saturday. We certainly have form for doing so and usually results in said player ending up missing a 4 week spell rather than sitting out one game.

CM is massively important to us and I just have this horrible feeling that the match report will end up reading:

58mins: Mulgrew substituted with a recurrence of the injury that forced him off during Scotland's win in midweek. The defender is now expected to face a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

17 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Would anyone else, rather see Mulgrew sit out this weekend? It strikes me as us maybe rushing him to be fit for Saturday. We certainly have form for doing so and usually results in said player ending up missing a 4 week spell rather than sitting out one game.

CM is massively important to us and I just have this horrible feeling that the match report will end up reading:

58mins: Mulgrew substituted with a recurrence of the injury that forced him off during Scotland's win in midweek. The defender is now expected to face a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Ya it seems that he is taking this leadership business seriously, but I would be careful with him. We need him available as much as possible. Definitely wouldn't be rushing him back  

21 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I think every time Mulgrew is fit you play him, he could get injured at any moment, in training or in a game, so you need to make the most of him when you've got the chance. It only sounds like a bang on the foot so fingers crossed there won't be any risk of re-injury, unlike there would have been with a muscle injury, for example. Although he has played a lot of games recently, he only played 50 ish minutes on Monday so he should be pretty fresh for Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Thant's my fear Windy ...would be tempted to wrap him in bubble wrap until the Tuesday trip to Scunthorpe.  Tougher game, we'll need him a great deal more for that one.

I don't like the idea of ranking game in terms of percieved toughness as we know that Rovers can lose to anyone.

58 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

The player himself something declares himself fit or unfit. As yet it hasn't been confirmed what the exact injury is but it doesn't sound like a pull or twist. Hopefully it was more of an impact injury of which there shouldn't be a recurrence. Hopefully he will be fit for Saturday as I believe he is pivotal to us in every game.

Archived