BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Wasilewski

Martin Wasilewski  is a free agent at the moment Polish international, we need more cover at centreback, lets not forget Charlie is a international player this could always happen, we cannot expect kids to get us out of this league. I only hope the management are seeing what i am seeing i.e potential problems when two main players are out, it could effect our future not just this season ( as we need promotion this season as who will be around next season if we dont get it).

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or just use the 4 centre back we got. 

Still have Ward, Downing, Wharton and Platt..use them 1st

Ward is poor, Downing has experience but needs too get back on track. Wharton has limited first team experience and Platt has no first team experience? Imagine starting a league game with Wharton and Platt at the back they'd get bullied off the pitch. Our aim for this season is too go up, Ward and Downing would never be a centre back pairing in a promotion side Chaddy.

If we were in the market for such a player he would have been signed some time ago ahead of Downing. Mowbray has made his choice, now he has to live or die by it. Make no mistake if a lack of cover at CB costs us promotion then on his head it should be. 

If it was me I would have allocated the budget for Downing, WBA lad and Liverpool lad into signing 1 experienced proven CB who could play every week from now on. But that's me and I'm not the manager and instead we've got a few question marks.

Great that you think plans cannot be changed are situations adapted to this is what is called management utilise everyhing possible to get a desired result. If that means using the free agent market to suit our needs which is clear have changed over the past 2 days then that is what is called good management. You manipulate your plans to suit your requirements..

22 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

Great that you think plans cannot be changed are situations adapted to this is what is called management utilise everyhing possible to get a desired result. If that means using the free agent market to suit our needs which is clear have changed over the past 2 days then that is what is called good management. You manipulate your plans to suit your requirements..

Wasilewski is 37, probably earned enough in bonuses from Leicester's title winning season too be able to put his feet up and live comfortably forever. Why would he want too come here on a couple of grand a week on a deal until the end of the season? I wouldn't if I was him :lol: 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Until they play we will never know. We have a really good 23's team and playing well. Time to start bringing them through

I just find it odd why so many have not been a shot from the u23's. Rankin-costello must be ready now and Tomlinson needs to get more more minutes. THink a few of these kids are on last year on their contracts - they need to be shown that they have a chance here.

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Wasilewski is 37, probably earned enough in bonuses from Leicester's title winning season too be able to put his feet up and live comfortably forever. Why would he want too come here on a couple of grand a week on a deal until the end of the season? I wouldn't if I was him :lol: 

Enough for the rest of his life?? Get out of it... :)

7 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

Thanks for the lecture. I look forward to seeing all this in action. I'm guessing though that if there was any free agent out there he wanted/we could afford it would have happened before we signed Downing.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Enough for the rest of his life?? Get out of it... :)

They all got millions each, that should go a long way plus the earnings he's saved throughout his career. Not really that far fetched to say he could live comfortably for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Butty said:

They all got millions each, that should go a long way plus the earnings he's saved throughout his career. Not really that far fetched to say he could live comfortably for a long time.

You may be right but I'll still bet lots of current highly paid players will end up bankrupt. Their finances are like a bath with both taps running but with the plug out.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I just find it odd why so many have not been a shot from the u23's. Rankin-costello must be ready now and Tomlinson needs to get more more minutes. THink a few of these kids are on last year on their contracts - they need to be shown that they have a chance here.

Maybe contracts are the issue ? Do they get a pay rise after a number of first team games. Will they get automatic contract extensions ?  Are there any other contractual issues that would be triggered by a promotion to a regular first team squad member?

Remember, this is Rovers and they probably have nobody on hand at the club to sort these things out without getting permission from Pune via Suhail. Anybody seen him this season ?

6 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Maybe contracts are the issue ? Do they get a pay rise after a number of first team games. Will they get automatic contract extensions ?  Are there any other contractual issues that would be triggered by a promotion to a regular first team squad member?

Remember, this is Rovers and they probably have nobody on hand at the club to sort these things out without getting permission from Pune via Suhail. Anybody seen him this season ?

Yeah you make a good point - wage increases have been the reason for a number of players not featuring down the line (allegedly). If they're good enough though they should get the increases, though as you say, nothing happens efficiently around this place. All its going to do is upset these players in the same way as Mahoney and we will lose them for peanuts.

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah you make a good point - wage increases have been the reason for a number of players not featuring down the line (allegedly). If they're good enough though they should get the increases, though as you say, nothing happens efficiently around this place. All its going to do is upset these players in the same way as Mahoney and we will lose them for peanuts.

What's the point of the academy if this is how it works under the V's.

These players need to show what they can do or lock the door on the academy as it has no purpose being run this way.

Always comes down to sort sighted view, rather than the long term gains.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 01:12, blackburnforever said:

valid argument and assuming he did want to come and play for us , I suspect the Venky budget is well and truly at its outer limits evn though we have actually not spent that much. Its a downward spiral in that respect and they will fall in behind the KPMG  review telling they must cut costs.  I suspect the days of having a decent transfer kitty are long gone for us and even the wages will become an increasingly difficult problem to manage .And when all of that gets analysed you get back to the question of what the hell are they still doing here, how do they ever recover any of their money and why deny and ignore the Ian's  . Makes zero sense and never has done.

But back to the point Wasilowski is exactly the sort of unit who would be ideal in this league. 

Archived