BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, booth said:

Tough match I think, and Josh Morris carrying on from last season. He'll be looking to get a goal against us no doubt. Wish we had him back.

We could do a "Duncan Shearer" and buy him in January just to nobble our immediate rivals.

Hope he's better than the inferior Shearer though.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We could do a "Duncan Shearer" and buy him in January just to nobble our immediate rivals.

Hope he's better than the inferior Shearer though.

What? If Morris has half the career that your so-called inferior shearer had, he will be happy enough.

I will bet you as much as you want that morris will not touch DS stats.  Granted he didnt do much for us.  But still, respect him mate.

Morris is looking a very good League 1 midfielder that scores goals. He's 25 so he's probably found his level but I wouldn't be surprised if a Championship club knocks on the door in January if he carries on playing well and scoring.

1 hour ago, booth said:

Morris is looking a very good League 1 midfielder that scores goals. He's 25 so he's probably found his level but I wouldn't be surprised if a Championship club knocks on the door in January if he carries on playing well and scoring.

I met Josh Morris, when I was in the players lounge, at Bolton when we had the toe rag Kean at the helm. He was a very shy unassuming lad back then, hoping to be given a chance. I had a chat wit him for about half an hour and really liked him, so have followed his career. I am glad he has dome well, but of course, don't want him notching tomorrow, or against us at Ewood for that matter. I would imagine, if he does, he won't celebrate.

Used to watch quite a bit when they played at Leigh on Monday nights and always thought Morris was a decent prospect and oddly his face didn't seem to fit after they'd had a look at him a few times at first team level despite not doing that bad.

Agree he was a nice lad he sat near us a few times when he wasn't involved, really down to earth and polite. 

My Mercer pre-match prediction worked wonders against Rochdale, so...

Somebody has to beat Scunny at some point, so why not Mowbray's boys, who are absolutely bouncing after three wins on the trot. It was just a matter of when, not if, we'd find our stride, and boy have we found it. Fancy us to win at a canter, yet again. The Scunny journeymen at the back won't be able to cope with a rampant Roves as we glide home by 4 goals to 1 with Samuel and Chapman running them ragged.

When this banker rolls home I'll be nestling back with a bottle of vintage red.

2 upfront is the only way I'm afraid. I've been to every game, and when we've played 1 upfront, we've been absolutely useless. The only game we've played well in with 1 upfront, was against Coventry.

Doncaster and Southend were absolutely appalling, when we had the 1 man up top!

Stick with 4-4-2. It is lucky!

Great preview. I saw Scunny Reserves v York City Reserves 0-0 at the Old Showground but have never been back to that part of Lincolnshire since. It was that good!

Gut feel is loss, draw and win all have equal probability for this one. It will be a question of who wants it the most.

8 hours ago, booth said:

Tough match I think, and Josh Morris carrying on from last season. He'll be looking to get a goal against us no doubt. Wish we had him back.

I have it on impeccable authority that Mowbray wanted Morris over the summer and made an enquiry with Scunthorpe. The sale of Mahoney was essential to raise the cash but we still didn't match Scunthorpe' s valuation:

A cool £1m.

16 minutes ago, david brent said:

Our allocation is just short of 1700 so if we have sold more than 800 it's a decent effort. I expect a good few will decide to go on the night 

We'll make ourselves heard that's for sure. 

"There's a Star man playing on the right, his name is Harry Chapman and he's f***ing dynamite..."

23 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I have it on impeccable authority that Mowbray wanted Morris over the summer and made an enquiry with Scunthorpe. The sale of Mahoney was essential to raise the cash but we still didn't match Scunthorpe' s valuation:

A cool £1m.

Maybe he will go back for him in January 

2 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Scunthorpe my home town team but still can't go as I go away shortly ..gutted ..but anyway scunny have been a Lil lucky at times this season to stay undefeated. Will be a hard game and I do feel we wilL only manage a draw against them

Prison?

Anyway, everyone's coming to yours for tea before the game. It's already been arranged.

Hopefully we can get another 3 points tomorrow night. Scunthorpe will be well organised and up for it. 

I'd expect Conway to make it as I think he was taken off more as a precaution than anything else on Saturday.

If mulgrew is fit id expect him to start while ward and Dowling done nothing wrong on Saturday. 

Coyb  

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

2 upfront is the only way I'm afraid. I've been to every game, and when we've played 1 upfront, we've been absolutely useless. The only game we've played well in with 1 upfront, was against Coventry.

Spot on I think he's found an approach like the one on Saturday that works best for who he has now although I think Scunthorpe will be a tougher test so they need to stamp their authority on it from the off.  Whenever Rovers start with one up top it's like starting with a man less than the opposition.  Impose yourself on your opponents from the off by closing down from front to back.

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Bradford?

• Backroom

Would be happy enough with a draw, a win would be smashing however.

Can't pretend to know too much about them other that they aren't meant to be quite as bad as a lot of this league 

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

A cool £1m.

What a shame though £1m is crazy for a midfielder in this league.

Archived