BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

15 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Might have been the Coopers I was drinking, but didn't Graham look a little bit more like his old combatative self on Saturday when he came on? Hopefully being dropped knocked some manners into the chap. If he's fit and raring to go he could be an asset again this season.

I'm very, very interested to see how we'll line up tonight. The best I can hope for is a draw. Three points would be fantastic, like, but I'm nervous about this one.

I have a feeling he will start with Antonnsson. Which may not be the most popular choice...

Mowbray could have said "you score, you stay..."

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have a feeling he will start with Antonnsson. Which may not be the most popular choice...

So hypothetically if a player does nothing all game except tap the ball in from two yards they should play because they scored?

It would be silly to drop Samuel who has been our best striker this season.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

So hypothetically if a player does nothing all game except tap the ball in from two yards they should play because they scored?

It would be silly to drop Samuel who has been our best striker this season.

Didn't look like a tap in from where I was sat although i didn't have the best view opposite side far end it looked like he had to control a fast ricochet & fire it in with a half swivel he was dire before that I can't argue with that but for me the goal offered redemption. I'd like to see more of him & to find out if that goal has given him a confidence boost. 

50 seconds not a tap in but not as I described it. Definitely a missable chance. A bouncing sidefooter bypassing the defender & goalie.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Starting to get a bit of a pre match buzz for the first time in two or three seasons. 

It's the hope that kills you.......

I am the very same. Dangerous for my emotional wellbeing.

If I'm honest, I worry that this is coming too soon after our Rochdale high.... ...but if we could win...

Years ago-'73 I think- I remember Rovers managing a fantastic 2-1 away win at high flying Bournemouth.

Then we had a difficult Wednesday fixture at Port Vale, which could have dented the euphoria....only we won that too.

The Vale manager was a certain Gordon Lee, who later wrote an article about Tony Field's goal that night, saying something like "after that (brilliant) goal, you could have put on your hat and coat and left"

. Always stuck in my mind, did that. Later, he was to become a cult figure at Ewood.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That being the case it would be Graham and Antonnson up top in a 442. Bit harsh on Samuel to be left out wouldn't you think? I've a feeling that Mowbray may revert to a lone striker tonight (Samuel) with Dack behind.

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

That being the case it would be Graham and Antonnson up top in a 442. Bit harsh on Samuel to be left out wouldn't you think? I've a feeling that Mowbray may revert to a lone striker tonight (Samuel) with Dack behind.

Ya it would be harsh. However Graham and Antonsson both scored in the last game, whereas Samuel didn't 

40 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Didn't look like a tap in from where I was sat although i didn't have the best view opposite side far end it looked like he had to control a fast ricochet & fire it in with a half swivel he was dire before that I can't argue with that but for me the goal offered redemption. I'd like to see more of him & to find out if that goal has given him a confidence boost. 

50 seconds not a tap in but not as I described it. Definitely a missable chance.

I wasn't talking about his goal at the weekend I was talking in general 

In bigdoggs team he had Antonnson and Graham up front but I mistakenly took it for his team where he was just suggesting what he thought Mowbray would do

Just now, USABlue said:

Jordan Rhodes?

I'm not Jordan Rhodes biggest fan but Antonnson has a long way to go before he can be put in Rhodes goalscoring bracket.He would definitely have buried that header Antonnson put straight at the keeper.

The only point I'm making is it would be ridiculous to drop Samuel in favour for Antonnson because of his 1 goal at the weekend

On 11/09/2017 at 13:05, Sparks Rover said:

What? If Morris has half the career that your so-called inferior shearer had, he will be happy enough.

I will bet you as much as you want that morris will not touch DS stats.  Granted he didnt do much for us.  But still, respect him mate.

I heard that the extra 'er' added to the Shear Bank Road sign back in the 90's was in homage to Duncan.

Just now, Swanson said:

442 and Harper is playing where ?

Is it 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with Bennett and Samuel playing either side of Antonnson or maybe even 4-3-1-2 with no width.Agree with Thormund why not just start Chapman. Mowbray must really rate Harper and hope he is proven right but that selection doesn't look balanced to me

Archived