BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

Just now, Biz said:

Could potentially see a 433 with Samuel and Bennet either side of Antonsson if Harper goes in the middle also.

I think Mowbray knows the league, so I'm guessing this lad is a bit good...

Why would you play Samuel out wide ?  He's a central striker. Antonsson up front centrally ? Best of luck with that one.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why would you play Samuel out wide ?  He's a central striker. Antonsson up front centrally ? Best of luck with that one.

My original thought was 442 with 2 in 2 out, or perhaps 4312.

433 wide forward positions are generally narrower than an out and out wide midfielder or winger, I've seen quite a few pacy forwards play well in those positions.

But on the same note why would you give a 17 year old a league debut out wide an unfamiliar position he's a central midfielder

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully Harper plays well now lol 

He must be central.  It wouldn't make sense to start him instead of Chapman. Would be unfair 

On Chapman - TM said he felt he offered a great deal from the bench (at this moment in time) as an impact and would be utilised as such. Was in the Rochdale post game.

Just now, Biz said:

On Chapman - TM said he felt he offered a great deal from the bench (at this moment in time) as an impact and would be utilised as such. Was in the Rochdale post game.

I still remember the days when Hughes beat up the central defenders - for us to then bring on Bent to run them ragged with his pace. Can see the same logic for Chapman - bring him on against a tiring defence.

Or a midfield four of Harper, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett.

Very narrow though as Harper from what iv read has played centrally defensive and box to box.I wouldn't have started Harper personally but Mowbray sees him every day just find it a bit unfair to put him in out wide when he is a central midfielder 

Glad we aren't playing silly formation, although I did think Harper was a defensive midfielder? That's how I got to 3-5-2 anyway:

Raya

Ward Mulgrew Williams

Caddis Harper Evans Smallwood Bennett 

Samuel Antonsson

Just now, davulsukur said:

Seems like an odd decision to play a centre mid on the wing when we have a good winger in Chapman on the bench. 

Exactly where is our width coming from,I like Bennett but he doesn't hug the touchline like Conway or Chapman.Anyway game on good luck to Harper and the rest.Cmon Rovers

Archived