BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit where's it due,

After those first 2 games, I could see our next 5 years demise as we slowly slipped down the ladder.

At this stage Mowbray has clean slated the season, let's hope it's onwards and upwards.

it's the hope that kills you

I've watched all the games so far this season via ifollow. I think this was a better result than a Saturday as Scunthorpe were a much stronger side than Rochdale. To be honest I thought Raya was MOM, he made some super saves and kept us in the game. Three very well earned points.

Good win but definitely not comfortable. That said, Champions win those type of matches :rolleyes:

Raya is solid. His kicking is excellent, he dealt with almost everything perfectly in such poor conditions. The only bad kick from my recollection was the one from a dodgy back pass from Ward but he could hardly be to blame.

Williams still isn't good enough I think. He did very well to clear the ball off the line but he kept getting sucked in to the middle and allowing a simple overlap. Better teams punish you.

Ward still doesn't convince me. Dealt with most things ok but that dodgy clearance in stoppage time infuriated me. I want my experienced player to put his size 15s through that and get it up the other end of the pitch.

Young Rakeem showed a few good touches in the first half. He should have scored that header though and for me that was his only real mistake - a few bad passes here and there but that seemed to be the way the game was going for both us & them.

Antonsson was non-existent until the goal. Funnily enough not long after he was substituted which I think was a move planned prior to him scoring such was his performance. About 3 minutes after he scored he picked the ball up between the midfield and their back 4, displayed a nice touch to turn and get it out of his feet and then fell over under minimal pressure from their player. A theme I feel will reoccur during his time here. 2 in 2 though and he earned us 3 points today so I'll reserve my doubt for later.

All the rest had fairly solid, if unspectacular, performances. Richie Smallwood is a credit to his profession. He will have a good career here I feel. Him & Evans mop up that midfield very well even if today weren't either of their best performances. It was always going to be that type of game with the weather conditions and it being a Tuesday night.

Very happy with the win. 4 in a row!!!

Archived