BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice albeit slightly lucky win in the end. Though we certainly had the best chances, missing 2 absolute sitters.

I'd rather we had gone for the 2nd goal rather than try and keep the ball in the corner (badly) especially when there are a few minutes left.

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

Wrecking runs of opponents away from home- first Bradford, now Scunthorpe.

That is what wins promotion 

yes and to credit where its due, 4 of our 6 games have been away from home. Very good response to 2 early defeats. No great quality in this league you would feel good about our chances having steadied the ship and got some belief going. Arguably our biggest risk is Mowbray buggering about with formations and tactics!!

Just now, Husky said:

Nice albeit slightly lucky win in the end. Though we certainly had the best chances, missing 2 absolute sitters.

I'd rather we had gone for the 2nd goal rather than try and keep the ball in the corner (badly) especially when there are a few minutes left.

Yeah. I don't quite understand why we suddenly went on the defensive. We were inviting pressure onto us and on more than one occasion could have very easily conceded. You shouldn't be allowing a player to have as much time as they did to their midfielder for that long shot late in the 2nd half. A tidy save from Raya in the end but it shouldn't have got to that.

After that we seemed to just tighten right up and hope to see it out. We should have gone for the jugular, although if Graham had finished that chance we'd have been 2-0 up and the game would have been over. Swings and roundabouts.

Great result. Not a vintage performance but we battled very well. Caddis was superb at RB I thought and Raya had a cracking game. 

Antonsson works incredibly hard. He lacks ability but I can see why he's in the team, his work rate is impressive. 

Elliott Ward is appalling, he needs dropping. Gives the ball away far too much in dangerous positions and takes far too many chances for my liking. 

3 minutes ago, DannyKeg said:

I've watched all the games so far this season via ifollow. I think this was a better result than a Saturday as Scunthorpe were a much stronger side than Rochdale. To be honest I thought Raya was MOM, he made some super saves and kept us in the game. Three very well earned points.

Have to agree he played a blinder for us. I also like the look of Chapman, he came on late, the Lad is pretty quick. 

Just now, TBTF said:

yes and to credit where its due, 4 of our 6 games have been away from home. Very good response to 2 early defeats. No great quality in this league you would feel good about our chances having steadied the ship and got some belief going. Arguably our biggest risk is Mowbray buggering about with formations and tactics!!

Yeah - Harper out wide instead of Chapman? I am not gonna nitpick though, we got the win. Maybe its part of the loa n deal or something.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Great result. Not a vintage performance but we battled very well. Caddis was superb at RB I thought and Raya had a cracking game. 

Antonsson works incredibly hard. He lacks ability but I can see why he's in the team, his work rate is impressive. 

Elliott Ward is appalling, he needs dropping. Gives the ball away far too much in dangerous positions and takes far too many chances for my liking. 

Was on edge whenever he had to defend, the lad looks a risk.

Grinding out and hanging on to 0-1, away from home on a Tuesday night - it's the stuff promotion and championships are built on.

Only 10th for now, but 2nd place is only 4 points off - nearly in touching distance with a game in hand. 

I had forgotten what it was like to be looking at the top half the table and had grown so used to mid-week going to bed grumpiness after forcing myself to listen to miserable defeats - I feel a bit giddy now - just a shame the other half is asleep.

Get in, Rovers.

Thought we were lucky to not go behind by half time, but Scunthorpe's high energy wore off, and we capitalised when luck went our way. Ruthless!

Great to hear our supporters loud and clear from 1200 miles away. Bring on the crazy Gang reborn.

Just now, RoverInverness said:

Grinding out and hanging on to 0-1, away from home on a Tuesday night - it's the stuff promotion and championships are built on.

Only 10th for now, but 2nd place is only 4 points off - nearly in touching distance with a game in hand. 

I had forgotten what it was like to be looking at the top half the table and had grown so used to mid-week going to bed grumpiness after forcing myself to listen to miserable defeats - I feel a bit giddy now - just a shame the other half is asleep.

Just give her one and hope she doesn't wake up :D

Reading back through here and some of the whinging is absolutely incredible. I know we're used to utter crap and have been for years but the knives are out before every game. Im just glad Mowbray and the boys are doing their talking on the pitch and shoving it back in some peoples faces because some of the criticism is pathetic.

4 wins in a row, first time in 10 years. That is something to be proud of no matter which division we're in. I genuinely feel confident at the minute we can go into any game in this league and win, even away from home, a long forgotten feeling which is nice to have back!

Archived