BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

Just now, Psychosoma said:

Reading back through here and some of the whinging is absolutely incredible. I know we're used to utter crap and have been for years but the knives are out before every game. Im just glad Mowbray and the boys are doing their talking on the pitch and shoving it back in some peoples faces because some of the criticism is pathetic.

4 wins in a row, first time in 10 years. That is something to be proud of no matter which division we're in. I genuinely feel confident at the minute we can go into any game in this league and win, even away from home, a long forgotten feeling which is nice to have back!

Gonna be 5 next saturday against the AFC. Do that and we right up there.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah - Harper out wide instead of Chapman? I am not gonna nitpick though, we got the win. Maybe its part of the loa n deal or something.

If it is part of the loan deal that would be scandalous ,guaranteeing starts or minutes to a 17 year old.

But that chat is for another day buzzing at tonight's win.Roll on Saturday 

9 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Great result. Not a vintage performance but we battled very well. Caddis was superb at RB I thought and Raya had a cracking game. 

Antonsson works incredibly hard. He lacks ability but I can see why he's in the team, his work rate is impressive. 

Elliott Ward is appalling, he needs dropping. Gives the ball away far too much in dangerous positions and takes far too many chances for my liking. 

No Ryan Nyambe thank god ...... and the wins keeps coming ...........

Just now, islander200 said:

If it is part of the loan deal that would be scandalous ,guaranteeing starts or minutes to a 17 year old.

But that chat is for another day buzzing at tonight's win.Roll on Saturday 

True - just found it a rather bizarre selection tbh - meant to be a b2b midfielder and a 17 thrust into such a game as this one in position he is not known for. We won though though - so forget all that crap and any arguments!

Another win, another clean sheet away from home, another small step towards the end goal. So many options all over the park. I like this feeling and am starting to relish every fixture. Roll On Saturday. 3-0 win, couple of team changes to freshen things up. Chapman, Whittingham, and Downing in Harper, Evans and Ward out. 

COYB

Just now, JacknOry said:

True - just found it a rather bizarre selection tbh - meant to be a b2b midfielder and a 17 thrust into such a game as this one in position he is not known for. We won though though - so forget all that crap and any arguments!

Maybe he wanted another out and out midfielder to give us some stability from the start,  on the other hand maybe he doesn't think Chapman has 90 minutes in him.

Great three points, good to see us managing to play games out. Last year we would have conceded in the last 10 minutes and ended up with a draw.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Great win.

4 in a row and 3 clean sheets away from home is a testament to how ToMo has got them working after the abysmal start to the season. 12 points from 18 is a very solid base to push on from. Can't wait for the real Dons on Saturday.:rover:

And another unbeaten run ended, they'd only conceded 2 goals in 6 games before tonight too.

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Another win, another clean sheet away from home, another small step towards the end goal. So many options all over the park. I like this feeling and am starting to relish every fixture. Roll On Saturday. 3-0 win, couple of team changes to freshen things up. Chapman, Whittingham, and Downing in Harper, Evans and Ward out. 

COYB

What's Evans done wrong ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe he wanted another out and out midfielder to give us some stability from the start,  on the other hand maybe he doesn't think Chapman has 90 minutes in him.

Great three points, good to see us managing to play games out. Last year we would have conceded in the last 10 minutes and ended up with a draw.

Yeah but apparently Harper looked knackered after 20. Anyway, just saying on first look , it looked an odd lineup and it took many on here to figure out what it was. At end of day though - it delivered the result - not been as happy as this in a long time.

As on Saturday we put in more fouls than the opposition - according to BBC stats.

I met a Wolves fan on the summit of a corbett on Saturday (it's a wee mini mountain - under 3000ft) - he said you need to battle your way out of that league - football is secondary.

So good to see us up for the fight at last. I wonder if the rest of league is starting to notice our wee run of form.

Keeping three clean sheets away from home in a row is quite some achievement, especially as I feel many of us pinpointed this area as a real weakness at the beginning of the season. And that's against three of the best home sides in the league. TM has them well drilled. 

Archived