BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scunthorpe United v ROVERS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pedro said:

Should we be questioning the team selection of the man who has guided his team to victory against a side with an excellent home record? As long as we keep winning and keep players fresh and hungry, I'm happy.

Im not questioning it - just saying it looked odd...as many on here did when it was first announced. Can we not descend a board into arguments please? Scroll back to the start of the match and take it from there.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah but apparently Harper looked knackered after 20. Anyway, just saying on first look , it looked an odd lineup and it took many on here to figure out what it was. At end of day though - it delivered the result - not been as happy as this in a long time.

Yeah if Conway is injured we've no real like for like replacement given that Bennett is on the other wing.  I'd give Chapman  a game on Saturday if Conway is still injured. I expect the Wombles will park the bus with us being at home so somebody who can get around the side of teams could be handy. If it was a tough away game  like tonight I can see why Mowbray might want to stiffen up the midfield with a more conventional midfield player.

Just now, RoverInverness said:

As on Saturday we put in more fouls than the opposition - according to BBC stats.

I met a Wolves fan on the summit of a corbett on Saturday (it's a wee mini mountain - under 3000ft) - he said you need to battle your way out of that league - football is secondary.

So good to see us up for the fight at last. I wonder if the rest of league is starting to notice our wee run of form.

I'd agree with the Wolves fan, we've been easy touches for too long. No more Mr Nice guys please.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah if Conway is injured we've no real like for like replacement given that Bennet is on the other wing.  I'd give Chapman  a game on Saturday if Conway is still injured. I expect the Wombles will park the bus with us being at home so somebody who can around the side of teams could be handy. If it was a tough away game  like tonight I can see why Mowbray might want to stiffen up the midfield with a more conventional midfield player.

Gladwin seems to have fallen right down the pecking order and he looked semi decent preseason, but as you say, we dont really have anyone like for like for Conway. Id probably agree with you and get CHapman out there from the start even though he has been excellent off the bench.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Im not questioning it - just saying it looked odd...as many on here did when it was first announced. Can we not descend a board into arguments please? Scroll back to the start of the match and take it from there.

I'm not arguing in the slightest or singling any one post out. Just asking a question, that's all. I'm all for peace, harmony and positivity but pointing out that maybe we are unqualified to pass judgement as TM's selection has done something that most teams have failed to do.

Just now, sjsbrfc said:

I stand corrected Kris

Your comic genius astounds Me! 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wigan gave Charlton a hiding tonight.  Think it will be between them and us.  We will end Shrewsbury's little bubble.

I think Rotherham Will end up there or thereabouts. See us beating Shrewsbury quite easily. TM is looking like he is sussing this squad and league one out! 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Gladwin seems to have fallen right down the pecking order and he looked semi decent preseason, but as you say, we dont really have anyone like for like for Conway. Id probably agree with you and get CHapman out there from the start even though he has been excellent off the bench.

I've not seen Gladwin play but I got the impression he was an out and out striker ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've not seen Gladwin play but I got the impression he was an out and out striker ?

No.  Not sure what his best position would be but striker wouldn't be it.  Possibly in the hole, maybe out wide.  Too lazy and bereft of any confidence from what I've seen. Get him playing well for the u23s,then give him another shot.  Strikes me as similar to Ben Marshall in many ways.  Some talent but not able to produce consistently and once his head drops...

Great win that grinding it out when not playing well, starting Harper worried me but think he got everything else right again tonight. Priceless these wins as looking at that league it's real tough, 4 wins on bounce but still tenth so they really can't afford many slip ups until they are around the mix of the top 3 points wise because it really is a fear a few unfancied clubs could steam away with it.

So chuffed for the travellers particularly the young ones who've know nothing but Venky inflicted rubbish as you really cannot beat wins like that miles away from home on a Tues night with a good vocal following in tow. Memory makers.

Archived