BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon

Tom

Not quite got it cracked at home yet. Chapman should be starting at home and Nyambe needs to come back in at rb for home games when he's fit. That would offer a bit more pace and guile. Too obvious and one dimensional today. 

Sheffield Utd had 10 points after 7 games last season, no need for knee jerk responses. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Butty said:

I actually agree with this entirely, it is utterly embarrassing. If we'd have gone on a ten game winning run the minute we'd have lost people would have been coming on her and slating Mowbray. 12 points from 15 is a fantastic return and as much as today was a fooking shambles coming on here too see comments like "I wouldn't mind if Mowbray leaves" is ludicrous. I don't understand some of our fans sometimes :lol: 

It isn't so much the defeat today but the manner of it.Personally I don't think Mowbray should be in danger of losing his job yet but I'm not convinced by him and that was before today's performance. No way should he have been given a new contract in the summer.Like others have posted previously his recruitment has to come into question,spending big money by league one standards on Dack and giving Whittingham an expensive contract yet he doesn't know how to fit them in the first 11.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Agree, four on the bounce and I personally thought the atmosphere was lacking today...was expecting more.It's like Rovers fans are waiting to be entertained at home,totally different mentality away from home.

Doesn't help having 10,000 home fans spread around a 31,000 capacity stadium tbh.

The football doesn't help. There's nothing to get behind, no passion on the pitch, no attacking intent, just dull dross. The only thing that stopped people falling sleep today was the righteous anger directed at the arrogant clown with the whistle. Away fans are always better at every club, especially when the team is winning.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Warnock was quoted in midweek saying his players are already shattered due to the opening run of games, that's why they got stuffed, could be the same here.

We had a break for internationals, did Wimbledon? I can't believe you've said that Gav, bloody ludicrous excuse for us.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

£

An hour and a half.......... 90 minutes plus..........with upto 14 professional footballers ..........with the opportunity..........to score as many goals............at home.........against third division Wimbledon.

We can't even score one...... just one solitary goal ?

What is Rovers agent fed wage bill today compared to their opponents lowly Wimbledon just to see the value for which set of supporters had the pish taken out of them.

Scousers out !

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It isn't so much the defeat today but the manner of it.Personally I don't think Mowbray should be in danger of losing his job yet but I'm not convinced by him and that was before today's performance. No way should he have been given a new contract in the summer.Like others have posted previously his recruitment has to come into question,spending big money by league one standards on Dack and giving Whittingham an expensive contract yet he doesn't know how to fit them in the first 11.

I agree that the performance was awful today and if we hadn't just won 4 on the bounce my thoughts would be a lot stronger on the team and Mowbray. I just hope today brings them back down to earth and we go and win next week, Mowbray needs to remind the players there are no easy games in this league. Agree on Dack and Whittingham and the only way they both fit in is by playing 1 up top which I'm against so in a 4-4-2 there's no chance them two are starting! Overall though the players brought in this summer seem good enough for this league, I'd love Chapman to get a regular spot in the side because he looks a class above and although Mowbray got it wrong today in terms of his approach for the game, he approached the last 4 games in the right way so like I said, I'm hoping today is just an extremely bad day at the office. With the last few years I don't blame fans for taking defeats like this so badly and I wasn't happy sat on Ewood today believe me but the reality is we've made an okay start to the season and have given ourselves a platform to kick on from just like Sheff United did from a similar position to us at this stage last season. We've got the squad and also all being said and done we have a manager good enough to get us up, he has his flaws and is by no means a top level manager but I do think he's capable of getting us up this season. We move on now and go again next weekend.

I can see why he stuck with pretty much the same team after 4 wins. But we are finishing every game with a stronger 11 than we start it with.

Time to play our strongest 11. Antonsson isn't ready for this level yet and we cant afford him 75 mins every week to get ready.

He can come off the bench when the game is won and use his energy then. Dack, chapman and Graham have to start next game

I thought Wimbledon where pathetic. The play acting and time wasting was down right embarrassing at times

The standard of refereeing at this level is appalling also. What a plantpot that ref was.

12 minutes ago, JAL said:

An hour and a half.......... 90 minutes plus..........with upto 14 professional footballers ..........with the opportunity..........to score as many goals............at home.........against third division Wimbledon.

What is Rovers agent fed wage bill today compared to their opponents lowly Wimbledon just to see the value for which set of supporters had the pish taken out of them.

Scousers out !

How do you type from your straitjacket Jal mate? So boring :lol: 

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, JAL said:

Scousers out !

Who are these scousers you seek the removal of?

What an embarrassing afternoon at Ewood Park today Rovers made Wimbledon look like the team more likely to be in the promotion hunt not a team that had lost four times already we just can't seem to put these teams away at home.Mind you the Managers team was way off today Evans who was poor should not have started Dack is not a wide player and should be starting in centre midfield with Smallwood to add some craft to open up teams also Chapman should be starting in the team, Antonnson is so weak that as a striker in this division he should be nowhere near the team we needed a six foot plus striker able to battle it out with the huge central defenders that teams in this league have finally I sit in the JW stand and after watching ninety minutes of this dross from the Rovers nearly fell asleep myself during the game.      

• Backroom

Sheffield Utd won the league last year and only lost 6 matches. We've already lost 3. 

Bolton came 2nd and lost ten matches. Can we go through the season only losing another 7? I'd be surprised as we've lost 3 of our first 7 matches. 

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

What @#/? highlights. They didn't even show the chance we had that their keeper inexplicably kept out right on the line. You just knew it wasn't going to be our day when that stayed out.

43 minutes ago, rossyrover said:

What an embarrassing afternoon at Ewood Park today Rovers made Wimbledon look like the team more likely to be in the promotion hunt not a team that had lost four times already we just can't seem to put these teams away at home.Mind you the Managers team was way off today Evans who was poor should not have started Dack is not a wide player and should be starting in centre midfield with Smallwood to add some craft to open up teams also Chapman should be starting in the team, Antonnson is so weak that as a striker in this division he should be nowhere near the team we needed a six foot plus striker able to battle it out with the huge central defenders that teams in this league have finally I sit in the JW stand and after watching ninety minutes of this dross from the Rovers nearly fell asleep myself during the game.      

Dack in CM are you sure? Discuss.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

The football doesn't help. There's nothing to get behind, no passion on the pitch, no attacking intent, just dull dross. The only thing that stopped people falling sleep today was the righteous anger directed at the arrogant clown with the whistle. Away fans are always better at every club, especially when the team is winning.

Sadly the 12th man only plays away from home nowadays.

Why does everyone keep referring to sheff Utd last season? Frig sake, maybe palace fans will be referring to how Leicester won the league and believe they will win it next season, come on.

This side isn't that good, simple as that. Two of the worst full backs in the whole football league, wingers who 10/10 go inside rather than playing any crosses and a big dolloper up top who plays like a lost schoolboy. Unless Mowbray changes it and plays Dack, Chapman and Graham (3 players who can actually play football) then nothing will change, this team will lose games.

Mowbray clearly doesn't have a plan B, 3 games we've conceded the first goal and we've lost all 3. 

Negative it probably sounds, however that's how it is with this side, it's bereft of ideas at times and has no clue how to physically compete or break down teams.

Just now, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Dack certainly doesnt strike me as an out and out wide man. He strikes me as someone who'd be better playing .more centrally behind a front one or two.

Whatever happens we need to try something different at home. A midfield of Conway/Evans/Smallwood/Bennett might just about be ok away from home when the opposition is coming onto us. At Ewood with ten men sitting behind the ball its becoming obvious that playing two innately lazy wide men with all the pace of an arthritic tortoise either side of a central midfield with no creativity is absolutely useless. In those circumstances we need pace and threat down the flanks or some slide rule passing to unlock the defence through the middle or a combination of both. TM needs to shuffle his pack and use the likes of Chapman Dack and Whittingham more creatively.

30 minutes ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

...Where he had his most successful season for Gillingham.

Also picked up on by Bradford fans who were surprised we were playing him in the hole, saying he was far more effective running with the ball from deep in previous years.

Archived