BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can the FA get any worse?

Glosrover

Not seen any content on here yet, but surely if Carlsberg brewed inept and not fit for purpose they would call it 'The 'English FA'.   OK they may have badged it as 'just women's football', but when Martin Glenn, the latest well-paid unfortunate admits that a document available to him prior to the appointment of the NATIONAL team manager, wasn't read until 2 years later; and that this document now forms the basis of the case to then sack him it beggars belief.  [This by the way is after paying a £80,000 gagging-fee to one of the players who lodged a legal case against the manager].  Are these people really so stupid, or are they just so set into a Victorian mill-owner management structure that doesn't allow the CEO to actually do anything?  

It does seem that the charge sheet is building, we've seen the fit and proper persons test and the diligence with which the FA applied it to Rovers [and others], there have been a series of crazy appointments and subsequent dismissals of board executives and national team managers but the hush money seems to flow unabated.

It appears the FA are to be hauled before a parliamentary select committee to be quizzed on their governance processes very soon - the chair of the committee was on the radio yesterday and seems up for giving them a 'seeing-to' - he was talking of a revised structure with compulsory expulsion of board members at 60 or 70, and/or conditional sanctions on government funding of the FA if they don't.   Sounds fair enough to me, 

The English FA along with most of the other governing bodies, seem to have just about ruined football. The wife said to me last night, "Why do you want to watch films and drama series with me now, even when football is on?" I can hardly bring myself to watch it at times, and if it wasn't for having the Rovers bug deeply ingrained, I probably wouldn't bother anymore. I am sure there are loads of others feel this way too.

The English FA must be one of the worst football associations in the world. That is no exaggeration. Nothing they do seems to benefit the English game. You take a look at our counterparts and stand in awe at some of the work they have done both in terms of understanding the desires of fans and furthering their own interests in coaching training and player development. We always hear from the archaic prawns that sit on these FA committees that we are the most 'competitive league in the world' that 'showcases an extraordinary amount of talent spread across 4 extremely competitive leagues' (paraphrased). But is this true? Certainly the EPL is the most watched league in the world and, subsequently, attracts lucrative TV deals, sponsorship and, primarily foreign, investment but does this make us the most competitive? And is this generated wealth distributed fairly? It's very much a "look after the big boys and they'll look after us" kind of operation with little to no regard for the rest of the competitions.

We certainly don't showcase the greatest talent in the world. How many PL players make the world XI each year? When was the last time an Englishman, or a player plying their trade in England, won a Balon D'or? It's a myth that we are sold by Sky so we can continue to fund the boys' cash cow.

It gets even worse when you ignore the fact that we don't even have the best foreign talent, or able to retain that talent should they play in the PL, when you consider the state of our coaching and youth development. Young, English coaches/players simply don't get given a chance because of the "pressure" to achieve the highest possible league position in order to rake in x amount of prize money. There's no focus on developing our own when we can bring some young Brazilian lad out of the favela for peanuts. I am not saying it's not a good thing we can attract foreign talent but countries like Spain, Germany & Italy all prove that you can mix supreme foreign talent and still develop your own in order to compete with said talent. I think the numbers of coaches Spain train each year compared to ourselves is remarkable, especially considering we keep hearing our less "competitive" La Liga is......despite winning the Euros & World Cup back to back. "But the EPL is the best league in the world..." we hear, whilst crashing out to a country with a population so small they couldn't even fill our brilliant, spacious, hollow stadiums.

Then we get onto the interaction with the fans. You take a look at the model adopted by the German FA, whereby fan representation at board level is compulsory & ticket prices reflect a fair price for the working man. Here in England, the greatest and best league in the world, the core fan base - the working class - are priced out so the clubs can not only achieve a vastly greater profit on seat prices but also attract a crowd able to afford a 8 quid pie and pint, 10 quid popcorn or even increase the "hospitality" allocation and charge extortinate amounts to watch the game in 'comfort' (free half-time tinned soup, free sponsored beer + maybe a finger buffet all for the price of a measly 200 quid pp). They know they can do this because even if 2-3 thousand seats aren't full the money Sky gives them to air the fixtures will more than make up for Fred's missing ticket money and pint. Then we take a look at the disgraceful rearrangements of fixtures so the global audience of our great, global league can see Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the same week and sod the plebs that travel 300 hundred mile round trips on a Monday night - Sky will pay.

In no other league are the nationals treat with such disdain and all in typical English, corporate fashion of fat-cat greed and corruption.

Sod the FA. They can all rot as far as I am concerned.

When the PL was formed it was known as the FAPL but the club's in the PL soon realised that they were allowing the FA to use their popularity as their product grew stronger. The PL very quickly dropped them and now have more power which is the only country in the world where the top league is more powerful than the national association. The FA is run by self serving blazers who put their own interests before the good of the game. The latest episode with Mark Sampson is another huge embarrassment in a long, long list of cover ups, greed and irregularities. Sweeping reforms should be brought in immediately to bring about change and into the 21st century. There has already been proposals to reform by Greg Dyke and four other former FA executives but these have been resisted by the aforementioned blazers. And Dyke was out of a job.

My views have been put far better than I could have done already. It's why I tend to watch more rugby now as it's less......TOWIE if you understand my meaning. Football is all about the top 6 teams in Europe and who the glory supporters in Singapore talk about. It's turned into a reality show with Facebook commenting on Ronaldo's shoes and him looking a bit grumpy above what happened in the game.

The FA make the same mistakes whoever is the CEO, which suggests the power lies with ____s like Coar who just like the free drinks and blazer. All they want is to be part of the reality show I mentioned earlier and show off worldwide viewing figures. Whilst getting a fortune from backhanders, sponsors and jetting off around the world. So long as people around the world watch Man Utd vs. Arsenal in this year's "super game of the century" everyone else can eff off. Don't bother about the other divisions, bad club owners, or creating great coaches, we have to watch John Stones get caught out of position for the 4th time in a game and tweet some meme about Liverpool.

Football has been a law unto itself for a long time now.

Sampson sacked for 'having a gf' some years ago and then there are children's role models playing at the top level that are drink driving and womanising and yet remain in full employment.

I'm with those that have gone off football a lot in recent years. National team is an embarrassment, too much money, too much greed, too many cheaters, divers and foreigners. Garrggghhhh!

Rugby, cricket, ice hockey, NFL - that's where it's at.

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

When the PL was formed it was known as the FAPL but the club's in the PL soon realised that they were allowing the FA to use their popularity as their product grew stronger. The PL very quickly dropped them and now have more power which is the only country in the world where the top league is more powerful than the national association. The FA is run by self serving blazers who put their own interests before the good of the game. The latest episode with Mark Sampson is another huge embarrassment in a long, long list of cover ups, greed and irregularities. Sweeping reforms should be brought in immediately to bring about change and into the 21st century. There has already been proposals to reform by Greg Dyke and four other former FA executives but these have been resisted by the aforementioned blazers. And Dyke was out of a job.

And who at Blackburn Rovers has anything to do with the FA , Arbitro??? 

And Mr Robert Coar is the correct answer.We rest our collective case I think matey.

9 hours ago, TBTF said:

And who at Blackburn Rovers has anything to do with the FA , Arbitro??? 

And Mr Robert Coar is the correct answer.We rest our collective case I think matey.

I was trying not to mention him. He free loads from the FA as he has done at Rovers for years. Self serving parasites.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

He was cleared over Aluko has she retracted her claims now?

Nope, she was paid 'hush money' to not take it any further.  But in their wisdom the FA seem to have had a re-think.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4908156/FA-stop-Eni-Aluko-hush-money-Mark-Sampson-affair.html

3 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

Nope, she was paid 'hush money' to not take it any further.  But in their wisdom the FA seem to have had a re-think.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4908156/FA-stop-Eni-Aluko-hush-money-Mark-Sampson-affair.html

So a barrister ruled the comments were not racist? Bullying complaint consisted of F off Eni after she gave the ball away. This Aluko also comes across as blackmailing the FA to keep hush over a player affair The manager had!

i think on that basis he's been hard done by! I hope kick racism out of football take this mis teporting seriously.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:46, Dunnfc said:

So a barrister ruled the comments were not racist?

"But Newton, who led the second investigation, never interviewed Spence, who only stepped forward to complain last week. That prompted the barrister's investigation to reopen"

What Newton should have done is interviewed her in the first place. It's hard to get to the truth if nobody is interested in finding it (The FA). Just like the investigation into  Sampson's behaviour at Bristol in which he was cleared of any wrongdoing, only to be sacked for it last week. :rolleyes:

Only last week Glenn tried to claim he appointed a black person to lead the 2nd investigation into the Aluko claims, only to be found to be lying. How anyone can trust what the FA says is beyond me. They are not fit for purpose.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/21/embarassment-fa-martin-glenn-contradict-lawyers-sampson-investigation

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:46, Dunnfc said:

i think on that basis he's been hard done by! I hope kick racism out of football take this mis teporting seriously.

Misreporting? More like a cover up that is now falling apart.

On 9/24/2017 at 01:46, Dunnfc said:

So a barrister ruled the comments were not racist? Bullying complaint consisted of F off Eni after she gave the ball away. This Aluko also comes across as blackmailing the FA to keep hush over a player affair The manager had!

To be fair the DO-FA act promptly on these kind of things , didn't know the KKK had a merseyside branch :)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

It will take something like this, if Taylor does sue the FA to perhaps make them sit up and realise that they have a duty to protect the game properly. How some of the things, haven't been investigated properly, just at our club beggars belief.

Just now, lraC said:

It will take something like this, if Taylor does sue the FA to perhaps make them sit up and realise that they have a duty to protect the game properly. How some of the things, haven't been investigated properly, just at our club beggars belief.

The FA really needs knocking down and building up again. Clark is just a toothless figurehead and the real power lies in the blazers that run the various committees. Whilst these self servers are there the FA cannot move forward (step forward Coar as exhibit A). The rest of the world must really laugh at the way football in this country is run.

Archived