BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Away

Ricky

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got tickets for this one , first away game if the season .They are full of confidence ,top of the league and have home advantage , but I have a sneaky feeling we might Nick this one Dack and 1-0 

I hope Mowbray sets up to try to win and that he is capable of getting us on the front foot right from the start.

Shrewsbury like a 1-0 win so can defend a lead.

A full house with a large Rovers following in the unreserved standing area ;) so get in early!

Rovers to win by a goal.

Have a good day.

First goal is vital here, if they score first there is no way that we'll be able to break them down, if we score first we've got a big chance of winning. I would play:

Raya

Travis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Evans Smallwood Chapman

Dack

Samuel

I'd give Evans one last chance to prove that he's not completely sh1t. I'm 100% sure that Travis is a better player than Caddis, there isn't much more that he can do in the u23s to show Mowbray that he deserves a place in the team, give him a chance and see if he sinks or swims. Ward is just a liability who makes the simplest of tasks look incredibly difficult, I think Downing deserves a chance, especially as he played well at Rochdale.

• Backroom

Tony and the boys will be up for this one and blow them away 0-5 is my fun bet, hopefully i'll be enjoying a nice J2O tonight! Glitterberry even!

I think we couldn't tinker too much with a winning team recently but time to make changes now, Antonsson out along with Conway with and Dack and Chapman in. Maybe Evans for Whittingham 

Keith Hill was talking about Shrewsbury in my local paper yesterday. A very hard working team who get at your throat from the first whistle to the last apparently. If we don't match them for effort and work rate we'll lose. I haven't got a clue what team we'll turn out. After last week's flop will he gave them one last throw of the dice or will he make changes ? I'd go with last week's starting line up apart from Dack starting instead of Antonnson. 

I'm not expecting too much because I can't see us matching them toe to toe, I'd take a draw now.

That's what we've come down to, being happy with a draw at Shrewsbury.

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

If anyone ends up with a couple of spares please send me a message. I'm only an hour away from Shrewsbury and could be tempted to make the short drive.

Being on a Hereford post code, I would have thought you'd easily get a ticket in the home sections if you were prepared to do that. I was on the phone for tickets first thing on the day they went on general sale. Had I not got them, I was going to get my ticket from STFC, being I'm on a Crewe post code.

Archived