SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Away

Ricky

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, K-Hod said:

Chapman should be starting and Dack shouldn't be playing out of position....

I'm not convinced that either of those summations are correct personally. Chapman is dangerous off the bench, and Dack is our player thus needs time to pick up some form.

Besides, why can't he play out wide?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

I'm not convinced that either of those summations are correct personally. Chapman is dangerous off the bench, and Dack is our player thus needs time to pick up some form.

Chapman has pace, skill and looks a threat every time he plays.

I don't like playing people out of position when there are players available that play in that position who aren't being selected.

Your favourite expression 'square pegs in round holes'.

Just now, Biz said:

Chapman couldn't be dangerous from the start?He came off the bench last week way too late.From what I have seen of Dack he looks better playing central and when he is wide midfield he drifts inside which would be OK if we had fullbacks bombing forward but we don't 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Chapman has pace, skill and looks a threat every time he plays.

I don't like playing people out of position when there are players available that play in that position who aren't being selected.

Your favourite expression 'square pegs in round holes'.

That's no my favourite expression K dog, you obviously don't do much listening! You should know it's "F*** off you absolute ****in *****"

Besides I think Dack can play out wide, or we could utilise a narrower 4312 at times, especially if we are under the cosh.

I don't just automatically assume I know more than TM either, without benefit of ever seeing them in training. He said he'd use Chapman from the bench to stretch tired legs, and I think it's a good shout personally, hence why he's looked good every time he's arrived on the pitch.

Just now, islander200 said:

Chapman couldn't be dangerous from the start?He came off the bench last week way too late.From what I have seen of Dack he looks better playing central and when he is wide midfield he drifts inside which would be OK if we had fullbacks bombing forward but we don't 

Putting words into my mouth? I never said that. Read above. 

Dack hasn't got going yet. I think he is probably more of a central player also, but in my opinion he needs time and preference to a young loannee, especially considering he's already looked useful from the bench.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

That's no my favourite expression K dog, you obviously don't do much listening! You should know it's "F*** off you absolute ****in *****"

Besides I think Dack can play out wide, or we could utilise a narrower 4312 at times, especially if we are under the cosh.

I don't just automatically assume I know more than TM either, without benefit of ever seeing them in training. He said he'd use Chapman from the bench to stretch tired legs, and I think it's a good shout personally, hence why he's looked good every time he's arrived on the pitch.

Putting words into my mouth? I never said that. Read above. 

Dack hasn't got going yet. I think he is probably more of a central player also, but in my opinion he needs time and preference to a young loannee, especially considering he's already looked useful from the bench.

I do agree about Chapman being able to stretch legs coming on against tired leg but at the same time our team at the minute lacks pace and a player who can take someone on.Chapman offers both I'd be starting him

Looks like a 4-3-1-2 line up to me with Dack playing in behind Graham and Samuel. He's set us up for a midfield battle, let's hope he's got it right. It's quite an attacking line up in my view. I can see Smallwood in front of the back four , Evans rh midfield, Bennett lh midfield, with Dack at the tip of a midfield diamond.

That's enough modern football mumbo  jumbo for one day. If some of our modern day managers would have been running the 1960's team they'd still have Fred Pickering at full back and Andy McEvoy in midfield.

Come on Rovers, you owe us a performance for last week !

• Paul pinned this topic

Really dull game so far, not much of note happening. As has been the case in previous games, the opposing team (Shrewsbury) is playing a high pressing game, constantly closing us down and stopping us from playing our football. We are really struggling to create anything and seem devoid of ideas when we get to their 6 yard box.

I'm quite happy with how it's going - we look solid, our midfield are competing well and we've got in behind them a couple of times. Just need to be patient and look to get some fresh legs on to test them half way through the second half.

They are top of the league with only two points dropped all season!

Danny Graham has been the weak link so far, he's given the ball away a lot and he seems the only one who isn't defending from the front. 

His reaction to Smallwood heading over when he was in a slightly better position is telling. Curses, walks away head down! 

Dack has been our bright spark, created the best chance and got behind them a few times. Won a few fouls also - speaking of which, Shrewsbury aren't afraid to put it about! 

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Danny Graham has been the weak link so far, he's given the ball away a lot and he seems the only one who isn't defending from the front. 

His reaction to Smallwood heading over when he was in a slightly better position is telling. Curses, walks away head down! 

Dack has been our bright spark, created the best chance and got behind them a few times. Won a few fouls also - speaking of which, Shrewsbury aren't afraid to put it about! 

Dack is dreadful mate

Just now, matt83 said:

Dack is dreadful mate

I'm watching it. He's made a couple of dodgy passes and one clearance in particularly, but he's created most of our best chances.

Bennett, Graham have offered little, Samuel has worked hard, the centre mids look decent. Ward made a mistake leaving for Raya, who also flapped at a cross.

Mate.

First half ends. Decent so far against the league leaders, we haven't looked the worse team, but not enough chances being created.

Dack and Samuel have been doing well and have attempted to take on their men several times with limited success, but Bennett has been fairly non-existent this game.

Archived