BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Away

Ricky

Ward - needs to be dropped, he likes the long hopeful ball foward even more than Hanley, but at least Hanley got it past the halfway line

Caddis - what’s even the point

Williams - awful at defending and not up to much going forward either

Graham - did he play?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

1-1 against the top team down after being down at a dangerous time in the game. Good subs. Thank you very much I will take it. 

Your standards are low, this is Blackburn Rovers and we shouldn't be grateful for such small gestures as a late point at bloody Shrewsbury 

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Your standards are low, this is Blackburn Rovers and we shouldn't be grateful for such small gestures as a late point at bloody Shrewsbury 

Completely agree.

If we were a L1 team last season and Wigan came down some would be saying we shouldn't expect to be beating them.

News flash: we are that team. A Souness type manager would be looking to make us a team for others to fear, not worrying about where a team currently was in the table as a reason for excuses.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But this IS the standard where we ARE ..get used to it .

It would have been a great point if we'd beaten Wimbledon but arguably we needed 3 after losing last week. 

If however we win the next 3 it might suddenly look like a great point again.

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

But this IS the standard where we ARE ..get used to it .

We expect to be ahead of the curve, our wages our facilities our supporter numbers dwarf the likes of Shrewsbury so we should expect to beating them. There own fans expect us to beat them. 

Your mixing up the fact we are in L1 with expectations two very different points.

Just now, Tom said:

Did Whittingham look interested when he came on?

I thought he was OK. Steady, but nothing special.

The performance was bad, I thought.... No clear style of play, with players looking lost. Ultimately, it's a decent point that keeps the league leaders in check. I'll be happier with that point than the average Shrewsbury fan will be.

We could really do with two wins on the bounce to gee up our confidence again.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It would have been a great point if we'd beaten Wimbledon but arguably we needed 3 after losing last week. 

If however we win the next 3 it might suddenly look like a great point again.

Correct 

..all i said is this the standard where we are ..not ..But we are Blackburn Rovers !! ..as if we ve a divine right ..Booth worded it so much better.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Completely agree.

If we were a L1 team last season and Wigan came down some would be saying we shouldn't expect to be beating them.

News flash: we are that team. A Souness type manager would be looking to make us a team for others to fear, not worrying about where a team currently was in the table as a reason for excuses.

But we have a manager of whom ever interview in the local rag, uses the words 'hopefully' and 'try' to often

"We will go there and HOPEFULLY play well and TRY to give a good account of ourselves"

"it's going to be a tough game, HOPEFULLY we can go there and TRY and get a win"

"I'm thinking that HOPEFULLY this will be a wake up call for them and they will TRY and rectify the poor start"

I'm sorry but this is Blackburn rovers in league one, with somehow still great support, the biggest budget and the best bunch of players to pick from, hopefully and try aren't good enough, I want WE WILL and WE CAN. 

Just now, AAK said:

But we have a manager of whom ever interview in the local rag, uses the words 'hopefully' and 'try' to often

"We will go there and HOPEFULLY play well and TRY to give a good account of ourselves"

"it's going to be a tough game, HOPEFULLY we can go there and TRY and get a win"

"I'm thinking that HOPEFULLY this will be a wake up call for them and they will TRY and rectify the poor start"

I'm sorry but this is Blackburn rovers on league one, with somehow still great support, the biggest budget and the best bunch of players to pick from, hopefully and try aren't good enough, I want WE WILL and WE CAN. 

Exactly, well summarised and exactly how I feel!

Just now, AAK said:

I'm sorry but this is Blackburn rovers on league one, with somehow still great support, the biggest budget and the best bunch of players to pick from, hopefully and try aren't good enough, I want WE WILL and WE CAN. 

We used to laugh at Newcastle when they dropped into the Championship and give the ..But we are Newcastle ..we have blah blah blah ..

Mowbray got it completely wrong at the start (shock), Dack isn't a wideman and Graham is finished. Although I've criticised him massively, Whittingham looked decent when he came on and probably deserves to play on Tuesday instead of the poor Evans. Caddis is awful, no excuse to not play Travis Tuesday. Ward is a complete liability, Downing deserves a start.

Poor from Rovers really but not a bad result if we win our next 2 home games (unlikely I know).

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

We used to laugh at Newcastle when they dropped into the Championship and give the ..But we are Newcastle ..we have blah blah blah ..

You're missing the point completely, it's not about a feeling of entitlement, it's about a feeling of being sold short regularly mate. I want someone who is willing to put his neck on the line and give these lot a kick up the arse and tell us that we should be the team to beat 

Just now, AAK said:

You're missing the point completely, it's not about a feeling of entitlement, it's about a feeling of being sold short regularly mate. I want someone who is willing to put his neck on the line and give these lot a kick up the arse and tell us that we should be the team to beat 

Spot on.

Souness would scare the shyte out of this team and have them probably playing above their collective means = Success.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Mowbray got it completely wrong at the start (shock), Dack isn't a wideman and Graham is finished. Although I've criticised him massively, Whittingham looked decent when he came on and probably deserves to play on Tuesday instead of the poor Evans. Caddis is awful, no excuse to not play Travis Tuesday. Ward is a complete liability, Downing deserves a start.

Poor from Rovers really but not a bad result if we win our next 2 home games (unlikely I know).

Agree with all that.

Should start with Whittingham and Smallwood in the middle and Chapman, Dack and Bennett (or Rankin Costello) in a 3 behind Samuel.  Travis and the new lad should start at RB and LB.  Nuttall should be on the bench. We are much too one paced and predictable.

Back from the game now, my first one this season.

I thought we were average for most of the game, until the three subs came on. Chapman looks like a great little player, we looked like we would snatch it at the end but a point was a fair result. 

I would say that this is a slow team, we are not exactly attractive to watch. Ward was very poor and nearly gifted them a few times. Dack was very good I thought, the only one who looked like he could make something happen.

Graham is terrible and can’t control the ball.

Archived