BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Away

Ricky

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Massive divide on Dack.

I haven't seen anything from today but a few saying Dack is terrible and plenty saying he was good and trying to make things happen.

A potentially frustrating player but one I would prefer in our team rather than against us. 

He clearly has talent, he definitely isn't a left winger; he left us massively exposed down that flank as his defensive work is so poor. When Chapman came on & he was pushed into the middle he was much better but seems to want a lot of touches giving opponents a chance to close him down. 

As our biggest signing of the summer there is a burden on him which at the moment he is struggling to live up to.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, neophox said:

This team on tuesday?

Raya

Bennett, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Chapman, Whittingham, Smallwood, Conway

Dack, Samuel

Here we have creativity and pace...

Conway won't be fit form Tuesday and probably not Saturday either. Perhaps try Antonnsson there as nothing else.

I'm starting to fear that all the hyperbole around 'picking up points playing poorly, imagine how good we will be when we do click' is like waiting for the lifeboats to come back to the Titanic. I'm not so sure it will happen. All feels a bit Bowery, flattering to deceive at the minute. 

1 minute ago, Doaksie said:

I'm starting to fear that all the hyperbole around 'picking up points playing poorly, imagine how good we will be when we do click' is like waiting for the lifeboats to come back to the Titanic. I'm not so sure it will happen. All feels a bit Bowery, flattering to deceive at the minute. 

Bang on. You could probably count on one hand the times we've 'really clicked' and dominated the opposition from start to finish over the past couple of seasons. 

50 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

Worst performance of the season and we still managed to pick up a point away against the league leaders. Just imagine how well we'll be doing when we start playing well.

I think the knives are out here a little prematurely on Mowbray, 13 points from 8 games, taking into consideration we've played five of them away (three against teams who currently sit in the top 5) isn't a dreadful start. If the Blackpool game gets cancelled we'll have six of our next eight games at home as well as a trip to bottom of the table Oldham. That's a big chance to create some momentum, put right our poor home form and build on the solid, if unspectacular, start we've made to the season.

Not premature imho we got away with it.. If Shrewsbury were more astute up top three or four wouldn't have been a understatement.. They we're more hungry and more organized apart from a ten minute spell after the break.. Even after we scored they could and should of got a winner.. Anyone thinking promotion is on the cards needs to wake up 

1 minute ago, Athlete said:

Not premature imho we got away with it.. If Shrewsbury were more astute up top three or four wouldn't have been a understatement.. They we're more hungry and more organized apart from a ten minute spell after the break.. Even after we scored they could and should of got a winner.. Anyone thinking promotion is on the cards needs to wake up 

Going nowhere with loser Mowbray.

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've run out of patience with Graham, he needs a kick up the backside. I'd leave him out of the squad totally if I'd my way.

No idea why we didn't get rid. He's taking at least two squad places up with his wages and hasn't looked interested for a while. I'm sure we could have picked up a transfer for him and put it to good use by buying someone younger and prolific for this league.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Massive divide on Dack.

I haven't seen anything from today but a few saying Dack is terrible and plenty saying he was good and trying to make things happen.

A potentially frustrating player but one I would prefer in our team rather than against us. 

It can't help a player to be played in the wrong position. I'll never understand why managers do it by choice especially when they have more capable players available.

Dreadful performance but a useful point.  But for a fantastic save by Raya in the second half we would have been two down and it would have been game over.  Defensively we look very poor and as soon as Nyambe's fit he has to be in for Caddis whilst Doyle and Downing must surely come in for Williams and Ward.  Chapman should be given a start on Tuesday - head and shoulders above any of our team in terms of creating chances.  A change of plan from the manager is badly needed.  At the moment we are so defensive, so slow in both thought and movement and lack any real goal threat.  We look anything but promotion candidates at the moment.  I know it's early days but the signs aren't good.

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray could justifiably make five or six changes from the starting eleven for Tuesday night. Ward, Caddis and Williams were poor and with the likes of Downing, Hart, Travis and Doyle we could improve massively. Evans, Bennett, Graham and Samuel were poor today with the latter two offering nothing. They both looked lazy and half hearted. Dack was out of position and looked a different player when he moved inside behind Samuel. Until the substitutions and change of shape we were going nowhere and once again Chapman could have been our man of the match despite only playing twenty or so minutes. He simply has to start on Tuesday. Some real thinking for Mowbray before the Rotherham game and I hope he is bold, plays players in their correct positions and really goes for it. He will probably let me down on two of the three.

That said I would have taken a point at 3 o'clock but the manner of the performance was hugely disappointing.

how did Antonsson did playing on the left wing when he come on? 

would you agree with playing Dack in the 10 role behind Samuel with Antonsson and Chapman wide?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

how did Antonsson did playing on the left wing when he come on? 

would you agree with playing Dack in the 10 role behind Samuel with Antonsson and Chapman wide?

I thought he done ok. Full of running.  I thought Chapman complimented dack as it allowed him to drive forward from a more central position. 

Rotherham are a good solid side in this league, got an excellent result today and put 5 past an albeit poor Oldham side. People saying their should be five or six changes for Tuesday against them. I wasn't their today so can't comment on individual performances , however, if we bring in 2,3,4 or 5 players for the Rotherham game and we get a Doncaster style result and performance, then what. Something obviously needs to change and some of the starting 11 from today clearly are not up to the standard of a promotion chasing team I just worry where we go if the lads on the bench are no better and god forbid worse. What is the answer then Tony.

Just now, booth said:

No idea why we didn't get rid. He's taking at least two squad places up with his wages and hasn't looked interested for a while. I'm sure we could have picked up a transfer for him and put it to good use by buying someone younger and prolific for this league.

It's obvious why we didn't get rid of him, nobody came in with a serious offer.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Head coach Tony Mowbray isn't impressed by @rovers draw at Shrewsbury https://t.co/GKPeoErn1q https://t.co/6aeV9F6dye

I should just cut and paste my comments after last weeks game. Mowbray no idea who or what he has bought and even less idea how to fit them into his team. He couldn't attack a plate of chips. The bloke is a very nice fella but completely useless. He just baffles himself.

We should be better than Shrewsbury Town? yes Tony, we should but you went and signed players who aren't better than them and you cant find the blend . Anything less than 6 points from next 2 home games will not go down well .

7 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I should just cut and paste my comments after last weeks game. Mowbray no idea who or what he has bought and even less idea how to fit them into his team. He couldn't attack a plate of chips. The bloke is a very nice fella but completely useless. He just baffles himself.

We should be better than Shrewsbury Town? yes Tony, we should but you went and signed players who aren't better than them and you cant find the blend . Anything less than 6 points from next 2 home games will not go down well .

TM built his squad on players he had previously managed or had played well against one of his previous teams.

He appears not to have researched or scouted for the glaringly obvious need for pace and a brick s-h L1 CB, etc etc etc.

And yet auto promotion is the aim?

And he has plenty of time and money to build properly.

Now he's scratching around trying different formations and players having not a clue what his best team is.

Clueless as before.

What worries me most is that he appears to lack the skills to motivate the players who are unable to do it themselves onfield.

32 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

We massively got out of jail today. 

Thought once they scored the flood gates were going to open. 

Only for Chapman coming on punching holes in their defence we were gone.

Chapman must start against Rotherham. Thought Graham looked at sea. 

Need 3 on Tuesday 

Graham was bloody awful , never seen much him myself , waste of space !

38 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Dreadful performance but a useful point.  But for a fantastic save by Raya in the second half we would have been two down and it would have been game over.  Defensively we look very poor and as soon as Nyambe's fit he has to be in for Caddis whilst Doyle and Downing must surely come in for Williams and Ward.  Chapman should be given a start on Tuesday - head and shoulders above any of our team in terms of creating chances.  A change of plan from the manager is badly needed.  At the moment we are so defensive, so slow in both thought and movement and lack any real goal threat.  We look anything but promotion candidates at the moment.  I know it's early days but the signs aren't good.

Nyambe, damn, I forgot we had him. Thank goodness we do, didn't think I would be saying that, by he will offer so much more going forward than Caddis. And will provide some much needed pace. We really need to replace Williams he is bloody diabolical, who the heck voted that lad player of the season last season? If any of you lot on here did then you really are deluded, awful, awful, awful, player.

47 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Worrying when your worried Mike. We don't necessarily agree much but a great a post and informing.

would be good to buy you a beer sometime maybe at a WMC meeting etc?

• Backroom

From the various opinions above, should the next game see us field:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Doyle

Smallwood   Whittingham

Bennett        Dack      Chapman

Samuel

Tbh, I like the look of that!

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's obvious why we didn't get rid of him, nobody came in with a serious offer.

I get the feeling we were looking for some money and nobody was willing to bite with his wages in mind.

Should have waived a transfer fee and prayed somebody would be stupid enough to offer a contract to him. Unfortunately we're now stuck with his laziness and poor attitude until January at least, and to top it off it's costing us a king's ransom to keep him around. 

Just now, Mike E said:

From the various opinions above, should the next game see us field:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Doyle

Smallwood   Whittingham

Bennett        Dack      Chapman

Samuel

Tbh, I like the look of that!

Hard to say btbh we may be stronger at the back.. But one up front no thanks.. We've been powder puff up top all season.. Tbh TM has signed some garbage 

Archived