BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

Such a shame. I pulled my Hamstring quite badly in July in pre season for a local team. Never done a hamstring before but its still in the back of my mind now it might go at any minute and im still not confident to sprint 100%

God knows what goes through Chapmans mind when hes on the pitch...his who game was around his speed. Will be tough to get his spark back. Hope he does. 

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd love to see mou Barrow back

Out of favour at Reading at the moment, seemingly. Allegedly something to do with an attitude problem, but I've no idea what the crack is. Seems like Clement has an axe to grind with him from when he had him at Swansea....

Just now, K-Hod said:

Out of favour at Reading at the moment, seemingly. Allegedly something to do with an attitude problem, but I've no idea what the crack is. Seems like Clement has an axe to grind with him from when he had him at Swansea....

Always thought he looked like he had something when he was here. He went back to Swansea and was one of there best players before being relegated. I watched reading twice this season and he was the best player on the pitch. 

Don't m ow about attitude etc but he's quick, skillfull and exactly what we need

• Like 1

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did he though, quotes suggested the only thing stopping him joining on the last day of the window was a lack of a replacement at Boro?

If he really wanted Chapman I'm sure we could have made Boro an offer they would have accepted much earlier than the last day of the window. We had £7m to spend on Brereton after all. It was clear from Mowbray's quotes that he never considered Chapman a serious priority.

• Like 1

Must be absolutely gutting for the lad. 

Successive injuries like that dont only damage you physically but also mentally as well. He will be too scared to run eventually and that will make him half the player he is.

Imagine being a young England youth international seemingly with a good footballing career in front of you that is now seriously looking under threat. 

• Moderation Lead

As much as it would be nice for us to sign him as he's clearly very well liked here and looked very good in cameos, I don't think I'm alone in having grave concerns about the amount of injuries he's sustained in his career already.....

In the summer I was really hoping we'd still sign him. Risky with a bad injury behind him, but still a good risk/reward trade-off in a position that we seemed to be well short in.

With the further fitness issues, & the fact that we regularly have players of the quality of Palmer & Rothwell on the bench, afraid taking him now would just be sentiment, although I really hope for his sake that he has a good career somewhere. 

I was going to say that it depends how bad his injury is but i've just had a quick look at Boro under 23's fixtures and it looms like he's had a problem with his hamstring on the 9th October come back and played well and then got injured again a couple of days again.

If It was anyone else i'd be saying we should completely avoid. It's a great shame as he lit up the early part of last season before Dack became central to our side, would've loved to have seen both of those two in full flight together. Shame it'll likely never happen.

Hope the lad can carve out a career for himself.

Have to feel for the poor lad he can't seem to catch a break this past year. I think we dodged a bullet in missing out on him even if he can get fit he's bound to have lost some of that pace that was vital to his game. I still think we could do with a pacey winger like him but there are plenty of alternatives to Chapman out there, a few I'd be keeping an eye would be Lowe at Portsmouth, Hunter at Fleetwood and Anderson at Lincoln.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I think the players we have now are better as they actually play. Perhaps signing Palmer full time would be a better option, and/or Reed. Hope Chapman can stop getting injured and have a decent career, but he is too much of a risk to sign.

Palmer hasn’t been good enough for me so far- his distribution has been poor, and I think there’s better options out there. Reed’s a far better player. 

• Moderation Lead

I think people have been really harsh on Palmer so far. He's chipped in with goals and fair enough, he can lose possession at times, but at the weekend, he did some very good defensive work.

Although Mowbray has played him there, Reed and Palmer don't play in the same position usually......

• Like 3