BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Not in Boro team or on the bench

There was more chance of him being on our bench today! Thought they'd have brought him out before the game though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

"Small risk" but "big ifs" does not compute. 

Chapman is a huge risk in view of his injury record and lack of recent playing time. A player can have all the potential in the world but it means nothing if he is never on the field of play. Perhaps he's being signed to keep Davenport company in the treatment room?

We will never know what the transfer costs, but I just cant imagine the cost of this deal all in all being that much. If it isnt then the risk is small, but with scope for a big gain if it all works out as hoped. Such an exciting player and apart from that he seems a good egg that all the players love.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

"Small risk" but "big ifs" does not compute. 

Chapman is a huge risk in view of his injury record and lack of recent playing time. A player can have all the potential in the world but it means nothing if he is never on the field of play. Perhaps he's being signed to keep Davenport company in the treatment room?

Of course it computes. Let's use an extreme example.

If you spend a quid on a lottery ticket, that's a small risk by almost anybody's standards. With the 'big if' of a huge potential payout.

Whether you think the potential payout is worth the level of outlay decides how much of a risk it is. That will vary from person to person on here, and also depend what the fee is.

Speaking of which, any inkling of the fee yet? For me, 300k or less and I'm content to take the risk. Especially if we've kept sell ons and add ons to a minimum. It would only be a 'huge risk' if we are paying in excess of 500k, for me. Even then it could still pay dividends and is a much smaller gamble than Brereton.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He'll probably be just like that Davenport, who I am not sure is a real player. There was a South American player who I read about who made a long career in not playing because of 'injuries' and went to extraordinary lengths not to play. I can't remember his name but Davenport is of a similar quality.

Bit of an unfair accusation towards a lad who turned down big bucks City's offer to try and earn regular football. You're implying he is doing it on purpose. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Reading the Boro forum someone points out that it's Chapman's attitude rather than ability and injuries that's hampered his progression up there.

Someone claims, not points out. Doesn't seem very likely based on what we've seen and heard about him before.

'someone' - so we're meant to form an opinion on one player due to one other persons opinion of said player? 

i woulkd suggest that moving on, much in the same way as Sancho, Diaz, and their latest one who'se name escapes me, suggests these young players are not enjoing their lack of opportunity at City. Davenport was deemed to be up there with Foden at one point, so ill take that.

• Like 1

Maybe chapmans head was turned from his time here and he's always wanted to come back and that may have been magnified by Pulis arrival up there who i'd imagine isn't the easiest guy to work for if you don't fit his philosophy.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2019 at 04:30, Fraserkirky said:

Some players just fit with certain clubs. 

I see Harry Chapman as a huge reason why we get promoted next season.

We can't get promoted from the premiership. We're this season's team with the late run who finishes sixth and goes up. Stay positive...live the dream

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He'll probably be just like that Davenport, who I am not sure is a real player. There was a South American player who I read about who made a long career in not playing because of 'injuries' and went to extraordinary lengths not to play. I can't remember his name but Davenport is of a similar quality.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/26/the-forgotten-story-of-carlos-kaiser-footballs-greatest-conman

Amazing story

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sounds like he would have made an ideal player /  Agent for a certain agency.  We would still have been talking about THAT strained muscle injury

• Like 1