BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

Has Chapman played many games at U23 level this year? Is he currently fit? 

Would love the original chapman back but just can't get over the fact his hamstring will be chronic issue throughout his career. A chapman without the pace isn't the chapman we knew.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Sounds like he would have made an ideal player /  Agent for a certain agency.  We would still have been talking about THAT strained muscle injury

I think we had enough folks impersonating footballers on their watch!

We even had people impersonating managers, board members and owners!

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Has Chapman played many games at U23 level this year? Is he currently fit? 

Would love the original chapman back but just can't get over the fact his hamstring will be chronic issue throughout his career. A chapman without the pace isn't the chapman we knew.

But if he manages to break into our side surely he will have proved he is good enough. If he then picks up an injury, we revert back to what we have. I don't get all the doom and gloom about a player who may or may not get injured. All signings are a risk (Cardiff ), lets just see how it turns out, and get on with enjoying Rovers having a good season.

Edited by rigger

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

But if he manages to break into our side surely he will have proved he is good enough. If he then picks up an injury, we revert back to what we have. I don't get all the doom and gloom about a player who may or may not get injured. All signings are a risk (Cardiff ), lets just see how it turns out, and get on with enjoying Rovers having a good season.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him back providing the risk doesn't outweigh the cost. 

Having had hamstring trouble myself in the last few years I know how hard it is to full remove the issue. Mentally as much as physically. Saying that his treatment will far outweigh my amateur Saturday league treatment of a cold sponge. 

19 minutes ago, benhben said:

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him back providing the risk doesn't outweigh the cost. 

Having had hamstring trouble myself in the last few years I know how hard it is to full remove the issue. Mentally as much as physically. Saying that his treatment will far outweigh my amateur Saturday league treatment of a cold sponge. 

That's my worry about loaning him out.

Might be better to play him in the U23's, have the option of using him as an impact sub for the first team, and keeping on top of his condition.

He may not be so well looked after at a League One club.

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

That's my worry about loaning him out.

Might be better to play him in the U23's, have the option of using him as an impact sub for the first team, and keeping on top of his condition.

He may not be so well looked after at a League One club.

We didn't take much care of the lad last time he was here to be honest. He made his comeback in the reserves on a really freezing cold night. What was the point of that ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

We can't get promoted from the premiership. We're this season's team with the late run who finishes sixth and goes up. Stay positive...live the dream

My comment was made pre-Hull performance.

Ive changed my mind. Hopefully Venkys have too, and give Tony enough money for a couple of quality players to make a push. This team is close.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We didn't take much care of the lad last time he was here to be honest. He made his comeback in the reserves on a really freezing cold night. What was the point of that ?

Perhaps we will take a little more care with him when he's our player, i.e. we will have more invested in his long term fitness.

Been trying to keep tabs on Harry Chapman's progress at Boro since he went back as Mowbray had never said never and perhaps more tellingly the player's social media profile & messages hinted that a return to Ewood was not out of question.

IIRC didn't Pulis block him moving "somewhere" at the end of August 18 prompting a particularly grumpy SM message by Chapman or on his behalf.

Anyway the only injuries that I detected that kept him out of playing contention this season were one recurrence of the hamstring issue early season and then in his 1st game on return to action a (dislocated) shoulder injury after he'd apparently played quite well.

Time will tell. His brand and style is exciting and progressive (and gets people on their feet in expectation) so I'm not against getting him in in principle  but would his signing block Joe Rothwell's progress?

47 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Or he might just be meeting him for coffee on his day off?

I remember the instagram pic of Chapman having a coffee with Danny Graham during the last transfer window leading to folk jumping to conclusions, (the latter still living up there).

Too much smoke this time though, I reckon (& I'm not talking about the coffee).

9 hours ago, benhben said:

Have you tried a wet green paper towel that falls to bits. Seemed to work at my school

• Like 1

9 hours ago, benhben said:

I had hamstring problem many years ago like you playing Sunday league.  Always tried to play too early and probably did more damage by doing so.  A mate who I played with said try rubbing this on your leg before you play and gave me a small tin of fiery jack. Applying most of the can and then going for a pi££ before playing still having this stuff all over my hands then began to realise how hot it was.  I honestly believed I could have played for England for the first half hour of that match as I covered so much ground in an attempt to keep my balls cool.

a bit off topic but your post reminded me of the said incident.

Looking good for Chapman's return.

Good news especially because:

- enhances club morale and spirit

- we won't have signed him if his pace has gone and pace means more space for everyone in Championship football because of preventing teams pressing en bloc. Very clear Adkins had set up Hull to neutralise us rather than play their high pressing game which played right into our hands. Having Arma and Reed as speedsters with Chapman off the bench or a fabulous back up for injuries makes Rovers a potent threat.

- Crowd pleaser. If he doesn't bring missing fans back, what will?

18 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

My comment was made pre-Hull performance.

Ive changed my mind. Hopefully Venkys have too, and give Tony enough money for a couple of quality players to make a push. This team is close.

Travis is a big part of our latest purple patch. Just love the way his first thought is to get the ball forward. That run into their box past three of their players is something you'll never see a Smallwood or Evans do.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, philipl said:

Looking good for Chapman's return.

Good news especially because:

- enhances club morale and spirit

- we won't have signed him if his pace has gone and pace means more space for everyone in Championship football because of preventing teams pressing en bloc. Very clear Adkins had set up Hull to neutralise us rather than play their high pressing game which played right into our hands. Having Arma and Reed as speedsters with Chapman off the bench or a fabulous back up for injuries makes Rovers a potent threat.

- Crowd pleaser. If he doesn't bring missing fans back, what will?

He'll be going out on loan.