BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

'd love to be happy clappy about this but I'm only quoting the manager. "He's not fit enough even to go out on loan," says Mowbray. I

Perhaps it was smoke and daggers to reduce how much interest we had in the lad and now he has to backtrack as its over the line. Anyway, who knows? He has played his part in cup games and the like so its not like he is unfit. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Perhaps it was smoke and daggers to reduce how much interest we had in the lad and now he has to backtrack as its over the line. Anyway, who knows? He has played his part in cup games and the like so its not like he is unfit. 

Please read again.

“He needs to do a lot of work on his body, so I don’t think we’ll see him for a while. I don’t think he’s even fit enough to go out on loan."

There is to much short trerm thinking in modern football. The shelf life of managers is so short none take long term views on anything

I love that TM is confident enough in himself and his position at rovers that a lot of his moves are made with long term thinking of the club and not just short term reaction moves

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Please read again.

“He needs to do a lot of work on his body, so I don’t think we’ll see him for a while. I don’t think he’s even fit enough to go out on loan."

Please read mine again - he is hardly 'UNFIT' as he is a professional athlete. Whether he is 'fit enough' to go on loan and be expected to start a number of games is another matter. 

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Please read mine again - he is hardly 'UNFIT' as he is a professional athlete. Whether he is 'fit enough' to go on loan and be expected to start a number of games is another matter. 

He's not fit enough to play, which makes him unfit. Either way, it's quite possible we won't see him in a Rovers shirt this season, which would be deeply disappointing when a couple of good, fit players could push us into the top 6. 

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He's not fit enough to play, which makes him unfit. Either way, it's quite possible we won't see him in a Rovers shirt this season, which would be deeply disappointing when a couple of good, fit players could push us into the top 6. 

Christmas finished long ago Grinch...quite the misery guts. Still time for 200k a week Assombalonga yet. 

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Please read again.

That says 'don't think'. It doesn't say 'isn't'.  He obviously needs to take a proper look at him first.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From what I've seen of him he's got massive potential but he's got a lot to learn. He especially needs to learn how to manage his body. Thing is he's got age on his side. If he can fulfil that potential we've got a player who can be a real crowd pleaser.  He's got that X factor that Dack has only in a different way. Both of them can make defenders look like mugs.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

29 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

There is to much short trerm thinking in modern football. The shelf life of managers is so short none take long term views on anything

I love that TM is confident enough in himself and his position at rovers that a lot of his moves are made with long term thinking of the club and not just short term reaction moves

Short-term deal though? 

48 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There’s a rumour in the other thread that we might be getting Assombalonga. 

Could you put your own spin on that for us? You know, a bit of balance from the excitement.

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

Very smart man management by Mowbray. Reassures the side which slaughtered Hull, keeps Conway hopeful and throws down a challenge to Chapman.

Pulis always kept Stoke players whippet fit if I remember correctly so I doubt he is doing any different at Boro. That said the medical staff might have a different view on conditioning to avoid injuries. 

Peter crouch talked about pulis in his book. Said he did nothing on fitness but all team shape. Robert Huth used to cycle 40k to training to up his fitness as he felt he didn't do enough under pulis

Personally do think we will see Chapman play this season, can only imagine TM means, he is not ready to be playing constantly for fitness concerns or even the worry that he may re injure himself. Think they will have him in the gym working on conditioning and getting a run out for the 23's for the match fitness. Last month of the season is my guess, give us something extra for that final play off push.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hopefully Danny takes him under his wing. 

Please don't mention strikers and wings, you'll be giving Mowbray ideas.....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, sparky12 said:

Personally do think we will see Chapman play this season, can only imagine TM means, he is not ready to be playing constantly for fitness concerns or even the worry that he may re injure himself. Think they will have him in the gym working on conditioning and getting a run out for the 23's for the match fitness. Last month of the season is my guess, give us something extra for that final play off push.

Hes signed a permanant deal so is now our player. There is absolutely no need to rush. He is our long term asset and must only play when hes been deemed to be 100% ready by the medical staff. I dont think we will see much of him until perhaps the closing stages of the season. 

If it was another loan Id have expected to see him sooner as theres less risk to us from another hamstring tear. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1