BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

7 hours ago, sparky12 said:

Personally do think we will see Chapman play this season, can only imagine TM means, he is not ready to be playing constantly for fitness concerns or even the worry that he may re injure himself. Think they will have him in the gym working on conditioning and getting a run out for the 23's for the match fitness. Last month of the season is my guess, give us something extra for that final play off push.

Mowbray has said a few things that have not panned out. 'Nuttall is not ready for first team football' was one of them last season. He played two weeks later. There have been others.

If we are struggling Chapman will play at some point.  I'd imagine Mowbray's comments were to get Chapman to knuckle down. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Bored of the transfer window thread. 

How long until Harry makes the bench for us? 

Can't wait to see him fully fit and flying. 

In the ifollow interview Mowbray seemed to flip flop a lot. Certainly seemed to have changed his mind from months to a few weeks.

Most of it is down to Harry now, but I expect he’ll have a decent cameo in the run in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Bored of the transfer window thread. 

How long until Harry makes the bench for us? 

Can't wait to see him fully fit and flying. 

Let's hope that when he skins his full-back and gets his cross in, we have someone waiting on the other end.

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

In the ifollow interview Mowbray seemed to flip flop a lot. Certainly seemed to have changed his mind from months to a few weeks.

Most of it is down to Harry now, but I expect he’ll have a decent cameo in the run in.

I'm guessing a similar treatment to Rodwell.

Don't think we'll see him in the squad till mid-March.

Once he makes the squad TM will deny he'll possibly come on any time soon, only for him to belt in a 90th minute winner against Aston Villa. 

Edited by bboy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tony will let him off the leash in the home game against Boro, the rascal. 

He needs to be giving him some game management lessons first. The lad want's to watch how Dack changes pace, slow your opponent down first then you can accelerate. Dack's about half as quick as Chapman but he regularly goes past opponents effortlessly. If you run directly at defenders they have to stand still. Of course you need to change direction at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not sure 4 hours in a car every day is ideal for his hamstring, or Graham's back issues.

The amount of travelling footballers do throughout a season I don't think it really matters. I bet most players live at least an hour away 

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The amount of travelling footballers do throughout a season I don't think it really matters. I bet most players live at least an hour away 

I used to work away from home a lot. Our limit was 2 hours drive, after that it was overnight stays until the job was finished. I also had back trouble and after a 2 hour drive it took me a while to straighten myself out. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to work away from home a lot. Our limit was 2 hours drive, after that it was overnight stays until the job was finished. I also had back trouble and after a 2 hour drive it took me a while to straighten myself out. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't have any impact but it's not something I'd be overly concerned about. If he lived in Cheshire and their was traffic that would take easily two hours. 

I think if he's happy and settled then that is worth more than the minor irritations and extra ice baths 

You'd be surprised what physios and chiropractors advise and the basic everyday things they take into account.  Didn't we have a player who had to have special car seats made to help stave off a few persistent niggles ?

Think it might have been Duff.